May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,903 Member
    New update 🩷Chapter Five: Mixed Feelings

Complicated emotions arise within the band that threaten to rip it apart...

Screenshot-250.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    so I just recatergoize another piece of CC for SimsLit purposes
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,266 Member
    One last chapter of Box of Chocolates for the month. 2.65 An Ordinary Saturday.
    image.png
  • Options
    new chapter:
    SVP1ydG.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,555 Member
    John Action turns up the heat on J. Huntingdon III to try and find out who the murdered John Doe was...Chapter 208: Follow The Trail.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/10/chapter-20-follow-trail.html

0ehf0j1.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone. Sorry I’m sooooo late with this chapter. Was in England visiting family, and thought I had time to post, but family kept me busy. :D I had a great time though. :blush:

Here’s the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter 105: Black Blanket
    copy-of-chapter-94-2.png
  • Options
    I'm learning to make at the moment simple CC. (Switching which hands the object is in, or at the moment- trying to figure out how to add a recolour to a book accessory.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    August 10th 1966. There's strange goings on at the Landgraab mansion and George has doubts whether he can maintain his double identity as Beulah for much longer. Elsewhere, Edna's political ambitions step up a notch.

Chapter 209: What The Maid Saw

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/11/chapter-209-what-maid-saw.html

FWmaMPr.png
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far.

I've been away for the past week on holiday so have missed a great deal of updates, including my own! Chapters Six and Seven Parts One & Two were uploaded on the 25th and 29th October and 1st November respectively. I hope you enjoy them, they were a real challenge to write and the storyline was one I was very nervous to navigate but here we are!

Can't wait to read your latest posts and stories <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,110 Member
    Hey everyone. Question for all you awesome writers. I've been following a couple of stories from the beginning but have recently started following a few that are quite well established. In other words. It's going to take a while to catch up. 😄

Do you mind comments on older episodes or should I just read in silence until I catch up and then start commenting?
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 813 Member
    @simgirl1010 , I think that if you feel like leaving a comment, that's always well accepted!
    I see why commenting every single chapter while binge-reading a story with a lot of chapters could be a bit too much (as a reader in particular I would find it stressful), but leaving a comment after reading a scene you liked a lot, or at the end of a season/story arc, or just letting the writer know that you're reading their story, can be very motivating for the person who's posting a story!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.25 posted on the 24th of May 2024*
  • Options
    You can leave a comment for any chapter of mine, no matter how long ago that was.
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @simgirl1010 I agree with HermoineSims, if you feel like you'd really like to say something then definitely do! As a writer it's always lovely to receive comments even on the oldest chapters, but it's also the case that if a person comments on every one of them I won't be able to respond to them all - I'm currently on my 57th chapter so you can imagine it'd be difficult to think of a response to each one. Even if I can't respond I still adore comments and I'll be silently very happy that someone took the time to leave one. Still, if you'd rather read silently then do! There should never be pressure to say something, in fact about 90%+ of my readers don't
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! Didn't consider that the writer might also feel pressured to respond to comments. 🙂
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Question for all you awesome writers. I've been following a couple of stories from the beginning but have recently started following a few that are quite well established. In other words. It's going to take a while to catch up. 😄

Do you mind comments on older episodes or should I just read in silence until I catch up and then start commenting?

I agree with what @HermioneSims says. That if you feel like leaving a comment you can. But I have 120 chapters so that might be a bit too much to leave a comment (unless you want too) on every single chapter on my story. Though I might be a writer who actually responds to comments.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Update 🩷Chapter Eight: Losing Sight

In her grief and guilt, Hattie neglects her family and those she loves most. Can Cassie and Reggie save her from herself?

6t4agbfdnwi6.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 hi! For me I love seeing comments on my posts but completely appreciate there are lots of chapters to get through! I prefer meaningful comments about the content/characters/story rather than generic ones like “great update!” Which are probably easy to copy onto many posts in one go. So I’d say comments are welcome but fewer more meaningful ones will go much further than something more superficial on every single post. (Not suggesting or presuming that’s your style, it’s just from my own experience)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    @simgirl1010 I get so excited when I get comments. I don't always respond to each one if there's not much to say, but I do read them all and respond if I can think of anything, I love them. It really makes me happy when people have something to say about my story :smiley:
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,056 Member
    @simgirl1010 Comments are my favorite type of response. I'm one of those writers that tries to reply to every comment. I personally don't mind if someone who's trying to get caught up wanted to comment after every chapter. If someone was just getting into Tartosan Sun and wanted to comment on each chapter individually that's fine. I would read their comments and then wait and reply to several in one post or pick and choose certain comments to single out for a reply. If I didn't respond to each one individually I would at least acknowledge their participation in reading my story and that I see them and thank them for choosing to spend their time reading what I wrote.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Hi @simgirl1010 . Comments are always welcome, whether on old or new chapters. As long as you don’t feel like you have to comment on every chapter. I’m one of those guilty as charged simmers with an over 100-chapter story. :D
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. Really helpful. 😊
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited November 2023
    @simgirl1010
    Hey everyone. Question for all you awesome writers. I've been following a couple of stories from the beginning but have recently started following a few that are quite well established. In other words. It's going to take a while to catch up. 😄Do you mind comments on older episodes or should I just read in silence until I catch up and then start commenting?

I don't mind when people comment on older chapters, but I would say to save you time and sanity, it might be worth just making note of your favourite points in the story or challenge you're catching up on, and then sharing them in one comment once you're caught up. I used to comment on every single chapter as I was catching up, and it took up so much time I don't have nowadays. X_X

Also the big one- don't feel pressured to comment, and don't feel pressured to comment on every single chapter. I like running my mouth, but sometimes it's hard to say what you like about something so never feel like you have to give people comments or anything.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

@simgirl1010: it's a lovely gesture and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment on every chapter or even just a number of them while catching up. But I feel guilty because I almost never do that myself.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top