Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new city would you want?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Everyone is tired of american worlds, but I'm running out of space in my Detroit (patchworked from San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley and Evergreen Harbour) and therefore need more urban neighborhoods.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Scandinavian (e.g. Oslo or others)
    As I had to pick one anything but a USA inspired world
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2023
    A city that is different from what we already have would be much more enticing to me than yet another Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade or the new town San Sequioa.

A world with a few apartments would be fun. Hopefully a green world, with a few harvestables please.

Sulani, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Mt Komorebi. Tartosa. Strangerville, Moonwood Mill. There are a few worlds that feel a bit different to me. I will still try to live in the newest world with a sim because hey it is there but it is less interesting than seeing something completely different.

I love Batuu and Selvadorada to bits and pieces but I cannot live there without mods. I wish we would get something fun like those two maps to live in but I fully expect Willow Creek Version 4.

Edit: Wanted to add that I would like to see a new world but maybe not a city. Henford-on-Bagley but out in the country in India or Africa would be very interesting to me.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Western Europe (e.g. Amsterdam or others)
    I'd like to see a European city, like Paris or London, if they go the urban route. I'd actually take any a city from any part of Europe, Western, Eastern, Scandinavian, or Mediterranean.

South American would be my next choice, although I wouldn't mind a rural world either.

As for Asia, I'd take an urban or rural world in any of the above countries, but it's not my first or second choice.

When we get an African world I'd like to see it centered around a smaller village and not a city. African cities are kind of bland (as someone who has been to several), and I think other regions would provide better options.

Australia wasn't mentioned, but I'd also take a rural world based on their outback.

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I'd like to see a European city, like Paris or London, if they go the urban route. I'd actually take any a city from any part of Europe, Western, Eastern, Scandinavian, or Mediterranean.

South American would be my next choice, although I wouldn't mind a rural world either.

As for Asia, I'd take an urban or rural world in any of the above countries, but it's not my first or second choice.

When we get an African world I'd like to see it centered around a smaller village and not a city. African cities are kind of bland (as someone who has been to several), and I think other regions would provide better options.

Australia wasn't mentioned, but I'd also take a rural world based on their outback.

So that's a whole different question, what rural areas people want. Maybe I'll make a survey later about it.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    A city that is different from what we already have would be much more enticing to me than yet another Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade or the new town San Sequioa.

A world with a few apartments would be fun. Hopefully a green world, with a few harvestables please.

Sulani, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Mt Komorebi. Tartosa. Strangerville, Moonwood Mill. There are a few worlds that feel a bit different to me. I will still try to live in the newest world with a sim because hey it is there but it is less interesting than seeing something completely different.

I love Batuu and Selvadorada to bits and pieces but I cannot live there without mods. I wish we would get something fun like those two maps to live in but I fully expect Willow Creek Version 4.

Edit: Wanted to add that I would like to see a new world but maybe not a city. Henford-on-Bagley but out in the country in India or Africa would be very interesting to me.

The world from Horse Ranch was different. I agree that San Sequoia is too much like Willow Creek.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

The world from Horse Ranch was different. I agree that San Sequoia is too much like Willow Creek.

Yes! Chestnut Ridge is fun. Thank you, forgot it in my list.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    all of them, yes
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say none of the above I only want American worlds the other worlds end up for vacations or not used at all in my game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    West African (e.g. Lagos or others)
    Any of those sound great.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    South American (e.g. Rio or others)
    I play in a regional style, where a few worlds are "grouped" together and make one region. Sims can travel free to their own region, but have to vacation to other regions. I'd love a companion world for all my single-world regions. Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, and Selvadorada are all single-world regions and I'd like companion worlds for those.

If we were to return to America, I would like something midwestern. We have all coasts covered, as well as the south, but we don't really have like a Chicago or Minneapolis analogue. That would be kind of cool and interesting for me.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited September 2023
    I can't wait to find out what the new city will be- they speculate thailand
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2023
    Scandinavian (e.g. Oslo or others)
    Deleted.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    East African (e.g. Nairobi or others)
    Either of the African worlds actually. I don't think we've ever had an African themed world in the entire series unless you count World Adventures's Egypt type world (can't remember the name of it), which is not really representative of most of Africa.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited September 2023
    South American (e.g. Rio or others)
    I loved the Jungle adventure Jungle and would love to see a jungle pack with a world our sims could actually live in. It’s not the only type of world I’d like to see, Indian and African appeal to me also. And a Monte Carlo or Vegas type world with gambling also appeals to me.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2023
    Bangkok
    I want a Thailand world and I guess the coming world in the new EP will be
    That pasta in the trailer is Thai dishes, and there maybe cars or hotels (the keys)
    Hotels in Thailand are very good, and Bangkok is a crowded city with lots of traffic jams
  • Options
    danicalifornicadanicalifornica Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with the first comment, Istanbul could be so fun and different. Plus it would be a mix of both Asia and Europe. We haven't seen anything from the Middle East...
  • Options
    AnoukDuarteAnoukDuarte Posts: 58 Member
    "Hi, new here. Short introdruction.. My name is Anouk, I live in the Netherlands sticked to Amsterdam, 47yrs(old fart) married for 15yrs in samesex marraige (to get that out of the way), has a dog and a cat, love building survival games and playing sims from sims2 period on and off. My English is so and so, so sorry for any mistakes in writing :# "

I picked east africa of the city suggestion in the poll. Would like to see something like Marrakech Morocco or Medan Sumtra for own gameplay. @Katofhyrule12 Egypt like Cairo would be great indeed! It will also be a big change on building material if they would do sth like that.

Amsterdam is very easy to recreate, specially with some extra 18+ cc you can even make the redlight district. The only minus is that you might get a lost sim in your compount now and than, lol. There is some good stuff in the gallery on compounts/complex building, search on canalhouses or Amsterdam.
  • Options
    Here my little Amsterdam with on the right side, my nightclub, Paradiso.

https://imgur.com/a/Hcl94pP
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    "Hi, new here. ...

I picked east africa of the city suggestion in the poll. ...

Amsterdam is very easy to recreate, ...
    Here my little Amsterdam with on the right side, my nightclub, Paradiso.

https://imgur.com/a/Hcl94pP

Welcome to the forum!!

Nice building!

• Options
    Thank you @Katofhyrule12 I still have alot to learn with building, specially landscaping with water I find difficult.