This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Ever delete stuff and just ... cry?

So I was playing my beloved Lita and our horse Thomas. We made sure everyone was fed, watered, loved on, and proceeded to harvest our garden.
I was selling multiple flowers, beans, etc. I had turned on multiple because it's easier selecting a lot of flowers, than dragging them one by one to sell.

Somehow I selected MY ENTIRE INVENTORY and deleted all but two veggies!!! I'm talking upgrade parts, my cache of plants, nectar (thankfully not the aged stuff), rare objects, daily items, tons of everything. I went to manage worlds without saving then back into Lita's farm and it's all still gone.
Ugh, I closed Sims and think I'm going to do housework, I'm that gutted. :'(:'(:'(

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,914 Member
    Not this exactly, but I have lost builds that I've thought were uploaded to the Gallery and weren't. Plus when something glitches and I lose game progress. I can empathize!
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 163 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Not this exactly, but I have lost builds that I've thought were uploaded to the Gallery and weren't. Plus when something glitches and I lose game progress. I can empathize!

OMG I used to do that all the time! Now I upload everything to my library, even test Sims. I have no idea why I save test Sims but I do. LOL
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    You need to exit without saving, not just go to manage worlds. If you didn't save when you exited the game, it should all be still there when you load it up again.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Until I learned to evict my households it happened several times that I moved my sims out and the game unfurnished the houses!
    That almost made me cry too since I put a lot of time and effort (and clutter) in my lots 😭
    This also happened when I sent my single Sim to the university. That was the first and the last time one of my Sims went there. Rubyn even lost her bubalu 'Worf' 😢
    3c7ef5e78b45189597d2b674e84216e4e406c348.jpg

I learned the following to avoid such nightmares:
    - always EVICT households
    - use several saves in rotation (so I can quit and only loose a few hours in the worst case)
    - I only keep the minumum of stuff in my Sims inventory (I heard full inventories bloat the save, slow down the game and rise the bills 😱)
    So I save photos and stuff I don't need frequently in rooms in the gallery and put the rest in ingame storages.
    Usually my sims only have replaceable stuff in their inventory, like cameras, towels, yoga mat, plants to fertilize...
    Putting photos in rooms also avoids that they turn black due to a bug.
    - save the lots in the gallery (when I build I do this all the time to not loose progress if the game should crash ^^')
    - backup the whole game every few weeks

Playing Sims causes paranoia I guess omg 🤕
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,185 Member
    I think I ended up losing a birth certificate of one of my sim self's children. I did a bit of building work before then and low and behold Ayla's birth certificate is no where to be found. I even checked his klepto daughter-in-law who had attended their last gathering at the time but she was innocent!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,135 Member
    When I read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to stay you deleted an entire household or save. I have accidentally deleted the wrong save.

As @crocobaura said, if you exited without saving your stuff should still be there when you reload the game. If you did save before exiting, you can go back to a previous save.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,851 Member
    I haven't deleted things in that way but I remember some time ago i had a large family that was when I really started putting their pictures on the wall. I had outdoor retreat for a bit and hadn't used it in a while, when they got back the house was showing on the map but when I loaded it rhe house was gone.
    Couldn't get it back so started over i dont know what possessed me to take them on vacation again but the cabin they used had the same glitch, but their house survived that trip. I still have a hard time even attempting to actually camp. Maybe you can roll back your save and eveything will be fine if you're lucky.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,211 Member
    I would also recommend going back to a previous save!
    This option is in the Load Game menu, or you can do it manually by going into your saves folder and renaming the files.
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,382 Member
    I second rolling back, but there is an alternative if nothing that was lost was personalized items. All of the collections and produce can be found in the gallery, so if you know you are missing, for example, all flowers in perfect qualities, you can download a room containing them. Cheat the money, your sims have worked for this, it's theirs by right.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I got a bee in my bonnet and decided I needed to build a new house for Erik Cantrell, my Rock Star. He had an Obsessed Fan who kept entering his house and the long and the short of it, Erik no longer felt secure in his own home. I even built a basement to be a Panic Room, but then that caught on fire. It was horrible. Thing is Erik had several Best Song Accolades for the first time since I began playing this Sim. Once those are out of the household inventory and placed somewhere, you can't place them anywhere to move them with you.

I lost everything when I thought I had them secure in one of those university trunks. I tore down the current house and built a new one in its place. When it came to setting up the trophies I was in for a rude awakening. Thankfully, a few other players talked me through the ordeal. I use Save As . . . every time I make the first save in a playing session. I was able to roll back and retrieve his trophies, after a very kind player built a small mod for me that made the Accolades go straight into the winner's personal inventory. That has made all of the difference. But I just lost all of my saved Trays with everything I have ever built in this game. I'm hoping once I get a new gaming rig, they can pull everything from the hard drive and place it onto the new one.
    All of this to say I truly feel your pain.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    I have 15 households in one save right now. And counting. I don't want to delete any of the sims because I love all of them, and I think I would regret it, but I'm getting overwhelmed lol.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options

I don't have the heart to play Lita & Thomas just yet, so I've been building or ignoring the game. Thing is, I DID exit the game without saving. Her inventory is still poofed. I've always just saved instead of save as because I can't keep having all these new game saves. I like 3 games and that's it - played Sims, builds, death - 3 games. I'm on a laptop so I don't have space, power, etc but I have a new desktop coming in so maybe I'll start saving more games to have backups. In the meantime, I'm getting caught up on new music and house chores. :'(

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,141 Member
    Oh that is so frustrating. It's so strange that exiting without saving didn't bring it back. I'd be so upset if that happened to me. I hope you'll feel like playing again soon. :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If you didn’t save, you didn’t save. Going to Manage Worlds (whether you save there or not) doesn’t restart your save. If you had gone to the Main Menu without saving, then reloaded your save, everything would have been back. I bet if you reload your save now, you’ll see it’s fine. And if not, then you did save somewhere. Even that would be fine. Each save file has up to 5 backups that you can Restore to. There is an icon on each save you can click to see the backups.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I once deleted my entire 20 GB mods folder with no way to recover it. I thought I might die.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    If you didn’t save, you didn’t save. Going to Manage Worlds (whether you save there or not) doesn’t restart your save. If you had gone to the Main Menu without saving, then reloaded your save, everything would have been back. I bet if you reload your save now, you’ll see it’s fine. And if not, then you did save somewhere. Even that would be fine. Each save file has up to 5 backups that you can Restore to. There is an icon on each save you can click to see the backups.

I had no idea I could recover older games! I did just that and now Lita has all her stuff again. Woot!