Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would You Choose

Comments

• Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Ohh, that's a tough one. It's interesting to see what everyone picks, and how different all the choices are! Cool to see the different kinds of things we value in our gameplay 🤩

For me it'd have to be... Cats & Dogs for the EP, because my game just doesn't feel complete without being able to recreate my dogs!

Dine Out for the GP, if you can believe it! I utilize restaurants so much, and the pack isn't as buggy for me as it seems to be for some others.

I'm really gonna be that guy and choose My First Pet Stuff for the SP. If I'm gonna pick the pet EP, I may as well pick the DLC for it too 😂 Besides, I do just genuinely enjoy that pack and frequently use a lot of its BB assets.

As for the kits, I don't plan to purchase any of them for my own reasons, but if I did, I'd probably get the Pastel Pop kit. I love the vibe, I really enjoy Plumbella's videos, and I want to encourage more collaborations with Simmers because I think that's such a great idea 🙌

thank u for coming to my ted talk
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2023
    EP: Cats & Dogs: Brindleton Bay, eu te amo
    GP: Realm of Magic: Almost all of my gameplay revolves around spellcasters.
    SP: Paranormal Stuff: :)
    Kit: I hate most kits. But Decor to the Max is something special and I love it. No one is allowed to say anything bad about it.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    This would be so much easier for me if I could have two of each. I followed the rules in my first post, but I am going to post my TWO picks also.

EP: Snowy Escape, Seasons
    GP: Outdoor Retreat, Werewolves
    SP: Tiny Living, Paranormal
    Kit: Little Campers, Grunge Revival

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    EP: Seasons (I'd hate to have to give up Cats & Dogs because I love dogs and also Brindleton Bay is my favorite world by a longshot, but Seasons is absolutely essential to my gameplay. I can not play a The Sims game without Seasons)
    GP: Dine Out
    SP: Laundry Day (or Spooky, just because of the pumpkin carving feature)
    Kit: Bust the Dust
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Nope, can't do it. I can't choose.... tried my darndest, but I could only dwindle it down to a handful of each.

There's just no way I could play this game without (at the very least):

EP - Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Cottage Living, Get Together, Island Living
    GP - Outdoor Retreat, Strangerville, Vampires, Realm of Magic
    SP - Paranormal, Tiny Living, Knifty Knitting, Backyard Stuff
    Kit - Country Kitchen, Industrial Loft, Blooming Rooms, Book Nook

There are certain gameplay features, build/buy assets, and/or worlds from each of those packs that are absolute must-haves for me.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited July 2023
    There's always that one person. 😄

No problem @AncientMuse. I expected some wouldn't be able to keep it to four.

Edited to change three to four.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Tough one. Two of my three favorite elements are in EPs -- pets and weather. I suppose I'd have to prioritize Seasons over Pets, so......

EP: Seasons
    GP: Vampires
    SP: Paranormal
    Kit: Blooming Rooms
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    edited July 2023
    EP: Cats & Dogs
    SP: Laundry Day
    Kit: Bust the Dust

Although seasons is a must have in my game, I need my little dog more. Yet, the game just wouldn't be the same for me if I had to part with anything I already own.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Aagh! Way too hard! I love too many game packs! Can I sacrifice the EP for two GPs instead? Lol. No...really. can I?

Oh okay I guess I'll give it a shot. But my answer is subject to change on the daily, lol.

EP - Golly that's tough. I haven't played Growing Together enough to really know if the preferences make Sims more dynamic, which is something I've really wanted since release. I guess that's terms for elimination. So now I have to really decide. Windenburg and club system, Brindleton Bay and my cats, or Island Living and Mermaids? Ooh, that's tough. Well, since I can't have other Occults in more GPs, I think I have to go with Island Living. I do play with Sulani a lot and really like the Mermaids, so they'll have to be the Nemesis of my ...

GP - Vampires. I could never abandon my dark darlings. 🖤 But if I have to choose just this one Gp, then I want my vicious vamps back; they must be able to break into Sim homes and feed off them autonomously.

SP - As much as I want to say Paranormal, I feel like I would really miss my Halloween stuff and costumes from Spooky Stuff. Before we got Occults, I used to use the costumes in Spooky to make my own. And now I don't have Get Famous so I need something. Plus, I really love throwing spooky parties and playing the Spooky station, which also helps to summon Sim Ghosts. So I think I need this one.

Kit - Fashion Street. The clothes are so beautiful and striking, I love using them for Elves, Genies, and other fantasy Sims.

Ouch. That was painful. I'm still waffling over the EP because Windenburg is so wonderful and rather perfect for Vampires. And I do like the club system a lot. But man, the real pain is losing my Werewolves, Spellcasters, Jungle Adventures, Batuu and Strangerville. Just rip my heart out and feed it to the geometric seagulls. 😭
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    EP: This one is hardest for me, there are so many that I love. But if I can narrow it down to two, Get together for the clubs and cafés, and Growing together for the consequences (being fired, demoted), milestones and randomness of gameplay..
    GP: Parenthood (hands down with no competition).
    SP: Laundry day (in tough competition with toddler and kids stuff)
    Kit: Book nook kit (that one was easy)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    EP: Get Together
    GP: Realm of Magic
    SP: Backyard Stuff
    Kit: Little Capmers Kit

This was hard to choose.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited July 2023
    EP: Growing Together for the social compatibility and the self discovery system.
    GP: Vampires, my favorite occult. They make great adversaries. Apart from that, I find the Vampires GP to be the most realized GP from a storyteller's perspective.
    SP: Paranormal. It almost feels like a game pack. Lots of content.
    Kit: Desert Luxe. Great furniture.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I can't imagine playing sims without all my favourite packs. My answer would probably change each time. For now I would pick these:

EP: Cottage Living
    GP: Realm of Magic
    SP: Laundry Day
    Kit: I only have the free kit, and I've lost track of the latest ones. I might go with Max decor just for the wallpaper and wall panels.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2023
    There's always that one person. 😄

No problem @AncientMuse. I expected some wouldn't be able to keep it to four.

Edited to change three to four.

Five! :D There's no way I could do it either. I love all the packs that I have, they do a pretty good job of giving me the well rounded game I prefer.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    EP: Seasons
    GP: Dream Home Decorator
    SP: Moschino
    Kit: Book Nook
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    This was tough! I use content from all my packs and kits.

EP: Cats & Dogs
    GP: Spa Day
    SP: Tiny Living
    Kit: Courtyard Oasis
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 2023
    @musteni interesting perspective. I think most tend to select their favorites.

I selected Cats and Dogs, not because it's my favorite, but because it allows me to have my Bordie Collie in game. She crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago.

I have many favourites, just tried to make some sort of selection criteria because it's REALLY hard to choose :) I know picking Horse Ranch at this point is a wild card. I was also toying with the Snowy Escape + Vampires idea, I think that would be a nice combo. EP choice is tough, though for me Seasons is not a competitor because the lack of the world. From GPs it's really between Vampires & Werewolves for me. I love almost all GPs, just need an occult and Weres have a much better world.

Looking at the replies first of all I'm surprised how popular Cat & Dogs is, it's one of my least favourite EPs. Also I thought Little Campers would be the obvious choice from kits since it comes with some gameplay items and my understanding is some of them work even without the packs where they originally came with.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    EP- Seasons- I need this pack to make the worlds and time seem to really pass and that is a must have for me.
    GP-Vampires- I need my Vamps in my game.
    SP-Paranormal- Love the haunted house gameplay
    Kit-Bust the Dust.- Like this one despite it's problems.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Seriously, only one each. Well ok mine would have to be at the very least:
    Get Together
    Werewolves
    Nifty Knitting
    Little Campers
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Oh dear....

EP: Cottage Living
    because Bunnies! <3 plus I never have a dull moment whenever I play my farm sims.

This was the hardest choice cause I love all my occults but ultimately vampires seem the most in depth and versatile to me.

easily my fav SP

Kit:......probly the upcoming Goth kit
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    EP: Cottage Living?
    Kit: Industrial Loft

This was hard because all my favorite packs are Game Packs lol.
  • Options
    HoneyinmyteaHoneyinmytea Posts: 15 Member
    Oh this is so hard!! EP: Seasons GP: Strangerville SP: Tiny Living Kit: Garden
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    EP - really difficult since I have two I consider absolutely necessary. Do I choose our furry friends or an end to the endless sunny days? Ugh....hardest choice ever. But I have to look at what's more fulfilling for my Sims and go with the Cats & Dogs EP....barely.

GP _ Dining Out

SP - Laundry Day stuff - Washer and Dryers are too "everyday" essential to not be in the game.

Kit - Little Campers Kit - I'm not really a family player, but this kit is filled with neat things. I don't consider it critical to have, as I don't consider that about any kits, but it does bring the most to the game IMO.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    EP: Get Together is the most essential for me. I use the club system all the time, I love the dramatically expanded nightlife game play. Most importantly, I can't survive without Windenberg. Each neighborhood has its own character, making it feel like you have four (smallish) worlds for the price of one.
    GP: This is hard, because I'm factoring the loss of so many EPs in my calculation. I would normally say I use Parenthood the most, but if I'm losing Sulani and San Myshuno, the lack of a world is a deal breaker. I'm going to have to say Strangerville for the world, and the ability to spy on people. Very hard to choose between that and Werewolves, though.
    SP: Nifty Knitting. Didn't even have to think about this one. Now that I have Etsy in my game, I can't do without it.
    Kit: I like Courtyard Oasis the most normally. The problem is that I use it as a booster pack for the City Living BB. Seriously, challenge yourself to make a room that only uses City Living and Courtyard Oasis assets. You'll see how well they blend together. If I'm losing City Living, I'll have to go with the only other kit I own, Desert Luxe. At least it ties into the contemporary themes available in base game and Get Together.

Whew! That was hard.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    EP: City Living
    SP: Paranatural
    Kit: Incheon Arrivals

It is a very difficult choice between Seasons and any other gamepack but what superficial thing I want most of all is the Singing skill. Game pack is a tricky choice between the yoga's easy focused, energized, and creative moodlets, Dine Out's restaurants and Parenthood's general gameplay additive but I think I'd go with Dine Out. I like eating out far too much. I have less fondess for what all stuff packs bring so let's go for the one that's fun! Let's go for Paranatural. And if I don't care for stuff packs much, then kits are even less so. I'd go for the one that gives me fashion I actually like quite a bit.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!