Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game improvement

ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
edited June 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Do you have suggestions for (base) game CAS, BB, Gameplay or Gallery? What are your ideas to improve the game in general? Do you have any other specific requests?
Post edited by Thornwillow on

Comments

• Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    I can't really think of anything to improve base game aside from making Plant Sims more like the Sims 3 versions.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    For base game:

Lawn mowers

Water heaters

Wood chopping

Pool cleaning

Pool tables
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    My ideas for base game improvements:

1. Making all NPC roles (librarian, firefighter, principal, busker, weirdo, etc) active and/or rabbit hole careers for our sims so we have more options for making money and storytelling
    2. Making all vacation worlds residential
    3. Adding swimmable areas and harvestables to all worlds
    4. Adding option to make travel between neighborhoods cost $ and between worlds cost $$$
    5. Ability to combine lot types (residential and retail, park and museum, etc)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    My ideas for base game improvements:

1. Making all NPC roles (librarian, firefighter, principal, busker, weirdo, etc) active and/or rabbit hole careers for our sims so we have more options for making money and storytelling
    2. Making all vacation worlds residential
    3. Adding swimmable areas and harvestables to all worlds
    4. Adding option to make travel between neighborhoods cost $ and between worlds cost $$$
    5. Ability to combine lot types (residential and retail, park and museum, etc)

I'd love all of these! Unfortunately, I think they've said that 2 and 3 are impossible without breaking people's saves, so fair enough (maybe a voluntary update could be a possibility?), but number 1 and 5 definitely would be doable.

I would add, that the people you give a job are the people you then see when going someplace. So if I make Bella Goth a librarian in Willow Creek, my sim will meet her when going to the library in Willow Creek!

Another thing I'd really want is the option to have people in the household be asleep when you get home late at night. So when my teen has snuck out, the family will be in bed when she returns.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    First and foremost strollers I don't know why in GRT (Growing Together) they didn't put in strollers when they know good well we can't pick up toddlers with infant in the baby carrier, they treating the Sims like pack mules they had to carry toddlers everywhere now we have Infants and they know toddlers are so slow it was shown in the Livestream so why not make strollers like they keep missing the mark it's insane.

Child Gameplay like children should ay tag, play Ms. Mary Mack, play Marco Polo in the pool, play make believe or dress up, and have more play grounds like a castle playground or even a regular play ground.

Romantic Interactions and reaction like Sims surprise proposal, Sims react to fights but they don't react to a proposal right in front of them
    Walking Hand in Hand and Arm and Arm
    Snuggling and Cuddling at night.
    Make out needs to make a return.

• Options
    > @simopolis said:
    > My ideas for base game improvements:
    >
    > 1. Making all NPC roles (librarian, firefighter, principal, busker, weirdo, etc) active and/or rabbit hole careers for our sims so we have more options for making money and storytelling

Maid and Butler active careers would be cool, you get to be invited into rich people homes and then drink their blood before sleeping with them, stealing their stuff and murdering them like a murder mystery, I could build buy a death trap with ease.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    More interactions between sims, kids being able to play tag/make believe/etc, couples being able to walk hand in hand. Interactions that increase relationships beyond what we already have.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would love a CAS feature that would let player's know what custom content is in use by Sims. There's a feature like that in WWE games for CAWrestler. I don't like downloading sims with custom skin tones for instance because it's hard to tell after awhile what's not being used by the game.
  • Options
    strawberrylilsstrawberrylils Posts: 1 New Member
    If the base game could be multiplayer (ex: send a code to a friend who also has sims 4) and we could edit the same lot or story play between the two of us it would be cool.
  • Options
    DreamMachineDreamMachine Posts: 3 New Member
    I want more autonomy for the sims, and improve the quality of the interactions between them. I just mentoined that recently in another post, when a guest visiting the players family, he just goes straightaway to play with our laptop completely ignoring the whole household members..
    But unfortunately without the mods the game still doesn't have any attraction system, but since the Sims2's chemistry system, and the sims3's traits compatibily method failed, maybe the players rather should choose manually the attractiveness of each sims e.g. on a scale of 1-10.
  • Options
    > @DreamMachine said:
    > I want more autonomy for the sims, and improve the quality of the interactions between them. I just mentoined that recently in another post, when a guest visiting the players family, he just goes straightaway to play with our laptop completely ignoring the whole household members..
    > But unfortunately without the mods the game still doesn't have any attraction system, but since the Sims2's chemistry system, and the sims3's traits compatibily method failed, maybe the players rather should choose manually the attractiveness of each sims e.g. on a scale of 1-10.

Old Bella was a 10 and was much more accurate to the Sims Lore, Old Bella resembles Sims 2 Bella more than the ugly imposter we got in the refresh, who BTW is clearly a 1.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2023
    If Maxis could give more love to the male sims (clothing and gameplay) it would improve the game.

• Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I would love to have a ticket machine implemented (like Sims2 had), that makes any type of lot into a business.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    CREATE A SIM

• Give each life stage 3 birthdays (for early, mid and late years) expanding the sim's lifespan and giving time for every growing changes.

• Mute option for voices.

• New Walkstyles:
    - Timid/Shy
    - Hands behind back
    - Jumping (For kids)
    - Walking stick

• Relationship preferences:
       - Monogamic or Poligamic
       - Open or Closed

• Aspirations:
       - New category: Integrity
       - Body category > Healthy Lifestyle
       - Family category > Good familiar

• Saturation and Brightness slider for hair colors.

• Layer different facial hairs from different categories.

• Separeted muscle building in CAS and during gameplay (Ex.: "Build thighs muscles" in weight machine).

• More anatomically correct muscles, bones and frames.

• Sim's paint mode: Place any tatto wherever you want and create skin patterns/paintings.

• Torso accessories for backpacks

• Missing items:
    - Dark undereyes circles
    - No smile lines (for adults)
    - Skin colors: Yellow, orange, pink, dark red and light green.
    - Amber eye color
    - Mohawk Updo hair dye
    - Buns back hair split dye
    - Medium curtain bangs hair dye
    - Lord Lycan's werewolf hair
    - Lord Lycan's werewolf sideburns
    - Different belly buttons, abs and nipples
    - Body winkles
    - Body scars: Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Herniorrhaphy, Sternetomy, Electrical discharge, Stitches, Smallpox vaccine.
    - Forgotten woman dress
    - Fishnet gloves

• Color variations for Darth Maul costume, Grim's costume and hood.

• Male and female varsity jackets sharing their swatches.

• Option to add CAS background.

• Poses for sims in CAS.

BUILD MODE

• Unsafe lot challenge: Reduced bill taxes are great but now burglars seem to be attracted by this lot. (Residential lots without this challenge have a security tax).

• Cemetery lot and funeral event

GAMEPLAY

• Social traits influences the interactions you're able to make. Ex.: Sims with "Good" trait can't make mean interactions.

• Ghosts:
    - Progression: Perk tree/Spectrology Skill
    - Select death cause in CAS
    - New interactions: Possess, Attack, Teleport
    - Death color
    - Don't automatically break things
    - Always cross materials
    - No hunger, hygiene and bladder need
    - Spawn:
    Mourning brings sad ghosts
    Violate grave brings vengeful ghost

• Plantsims:
    - Full Life state
    - Body vines/Wood skin texture
    - Leaf hair/ Change hairstyle and/or hair colors
    - No hygiene need
    - Create beans to get rid of strong emotions
    - Manipulate sims emotions with pollens
    - Poison/Intoxicate sims
    - Photosynthesis animation

• New interactions:
    - Ask relationship preferences
    - Ask to open/close [your] relationship
    - Invite to join/exit [your] relationship
    - Ask to join/exit [others] relationship
    - Take herbal bath (to bathtube)
    - Blow nose (to tissues clutter)
    - Paint nails (to nails polish clutter)
    - Apply perfume (to perfume clutter)
    - Turn off/on room's lights (to light switch)
    - Brush teeth (to toothbrush)
    - Remove shoes (to shoes rack)
    - Remove hat (to coat/hat rack)
    - Try out clothes (to coat rack)
    - Ask for visual description (to other sims)
    - Read in braile (to books)

• Hire mechanic for object upgrades.

• School bus animation.

• Discover sims likes, dislikes and sexuality slowly (as it works with traits) with each one having it's own notification.

• Sim Signal language skill.

• Get a notification being invited to spend the day at a friend's house or attend events.

• Cops NPC: There are guards around the neighborhoods that can send you tickets if you get caught breaking the laws (Leave food, start a fight, woohoo in public, steal objects, etc.).

• Caeers and part-time jobs as semi-active with workplace:
    - Astronaut = Labs (GTW)
    - Culinary = Events, Bar, Nightclub, Restaurant (DO)
    - Entertainment = Events, Bar, Nightclub, Museum
    - Painter = Museum
    - Writer = Library
    - Style Influencer = Retail (GTW)
    - Babysitter = Residential
    - Barista = Café (GT)
    - Fast Food employee = Restaurant (DO)
    - Manual Laborer = Residential
    - Retail Employee = Retail (GTW)
    - Librarian (NEW) = Library
    - Community gardener (NEW) = Neighborhoods

GALLERY

• "Favorites" category in My Library
    • "Only my packs" search filter
    • Group/Lot/Room's cover photo edition
    Post edited by Thornwillow on
  • Options
    KakkantKakkant Posts: 37 Member
    - The towns in the game are a bit small, if you want to use more custom building, you may have to expand on to those cities as well that you don't really like.
    - The time in the game still passes too quickly, and therefore a day flies by too fast. The time should slow down a bit more.
    - The characters' intelligence is still not at the level I would like. Honestly, this part hasn't developed much since the sims1. There is barely any difference between the traits, actually it wouldn't really matter if you just left it random in the creator. Even after so many years I still feel the characters kinda empty, so instead of rapidly expanding the game, maybe the main focus should be rather on developing the npcs personality.
    - And finally there is still no attraction system. It means even if you create a stunning beauty princess, the male npcs will show no interest. Yeh, not even a longing look from them ..nothing... It's boring. I tried many mods which provide attraction system, but all of them was weightless on this matter.

I think until these parts won't improve in the sims4, there isn't too much chance for that the Sims5 will be better.
  • Options
    wizardbobwizardbob Posts: 1 New Member
    Going forward, I'd love to see options for volunteering and community work, which could lead to skills development. Sims is a great game and it is a model for young people to follow as they go through life. If they can see that it is possible to improve your neighbourhood, and also your wellbeing, health and friendship levels through engaging with and helping others - and also helping the environment itself, I think it would be a great social message. Sims is great but it is rather focused on acquisition and personal status, and there is scope to modernise it to model a world we would like to see.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    My big thing for basegame would be changing the way basements work to allow us to build walk-out or half-submerged basements.

Basically, change the way terrain height works. Let the ground next to a wall be higher than the base of the wall, and let the ground on one side of a wall be a different height than the ground on the other. I have no clue how complex this would be to implement.

• Options
    MarlJMarlJ Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love to see the elders falling sick, needing a cane, losing teeth, losing memories, sagging skin. Its just too dull that elders just dies of old age. Maybe they could improve and concentrate on elders now that babies are improved?
  • Options
    @wizardbob I strongly agree with you, i love the community atmosphere provided by community spaces, Neighborhood Action Plans and errands from Eco Lifestyle and Cottage Living and feel that they should be BG features, so everyone could feel like the sims communities are alive and cooperative.

@MarlJ YES i was expecting it in GRO era, but they missed that opportunity. I hope they're not just ignoring us but saving it for an elders pack (and its BG update). But the fact that they didn't added puberty, midlife crisis and burnouts in BG makes me worry if everyone without this pack will be able to get those features.
  • Options
    I can't really think of anything to improve base game aside from making Plant Sims more like the Sims 3 versions.
    CREATE A SIM

GAMEPLAY

• Plantsims:
    - Full Life state
    - Body vines/Wood skin texture
    - Leaf hair/ Change hairstyle and/or hair colors
    - No hygiene need
    - Create beans to get rid of strong emotions
    - Manipulate sims emotions with pollens
    - Poison/Intoxicate sims
    - Photosynthesis animation

I still think that Plantsims should be the first priority when it comes to Improving Base Game, I'll also add Plantsim Babies to Plantsim Gameplay.
  • Options
    I know that in this game the open world is over, but it's quite frustrating that if you just want to visit the neighbour's house next to you, the game starts loading anyway. The game turned back to that old mechanic that was already twenty years ago in the Sims2 period.

It's also disturbing when you visit a public place, you are almost always the first one there, and the other people just start pouring in after you arrived. This isn't too realistic.. But what is even more annoying is the most of them just stay there for about two minutes and then they move on.. In fact, all npcs in the game are moving aimlessly from one place to another like a robot. This hasn't changed since the sims1 either..
  • Options
    PascaleJarjouraPascaleJarjoura Posts: 37 Member
    I want to be able to make paintings in a landscape orientation, wider not taller
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Kakkant wrote: »
    I know that in this game the open world is over, but it's quite frustrating that if you just want to visit the neighbour's house next to you, the game starts loading anyway. The game turned back to that old mechanic that was already twenty years ago in the Sims2 period.

It's also disturbing when you visit a public place, you are almost always the first one there, and the other people just start pouring in after you arrived. This isn't too realistic.. But what is even more annoying is the most of them just stay there for about two minutes and then they move on.. In fact, all npcs in the game are moving aimlessly from one place to another like a robot. This hasn't changed since the sims1 either..

Yeah, I'd take an extra few seconds of load time if it meant some sims would be put on the lot and already doing things when I showed up.
  • Options
    It's not like I'm obsessed with nature, and I'm also not into the Cottage Living, but it would be fun to see as the elderly or the kids feeding the pigeons and other birds in the park ...or the swans and ducks at the lakes. But correct me if these activities are already exist.
  • Options
    Ok nvm. For the seniors it's really possible as a hobby.