Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea- Another Beach World

MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
edited May 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would really like another beach world with swimmable beaches. I know we have a couple beach worlds already but to me only Sulani and Tartosa really count. Having a beach in a world that you can't swim or build on just isn't the same.
I want to build restaurants and bars will sand floors. Relaxing on a beach is my idea of sim paradise. Maybe something inspired by the Caribbean or Florida.
Adding in some new activities like boogie boarding, surfing, beach volleyball etc would also be nice. Maybe an oceanfront music festival...

Comments

• CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 38 Member
    I was thinking about at least having a pool/beach party pack. I grew up 10 miles from the beach in southeast Florida. We used to be able to have bonfires and tiki torches and picnics on the beach. I do love Sulani, too. But it's a little small. There are only a few large lots on the water. With a new swimmable beach world, things like motor boats and glass bottom tour/dinner boats can be included. Gambling is illegal in Florida. So, we used to see gambling boats lit up sitting 3-4 miles off shore. Taking a moonlit romantic stroll (hand-in-hand) would be very nice. It was the best part of any date. Of course, there can be dolphin and whale watching tours. We used to body surf in the water. I would love to hear Montego Bay added to the music. A Caribbean type would would add a few new instruments in order to capture the sound of the islands. My Jamaican friend tells me that music is an essential part of their culture as is religion. No matter what their faith, families would gather around together and read "Our Daily Bread" which is interesting. Live bands are big in both areas, too. With live singers. In either place, the coral reefs can be improved and different types of seaweed added. (Sims can be seaweed farmers! Not just gatherers.) I think the community would be happy with something from the British Caribbean because I hear how much they want something not American for a change! I love dipping infant's toes in pond water. Since I am playing a legacy challenge, I haven't been to a beach lot since I discovered that. If we can't dip infant's toes in shallow ocean water, it would be great to be able to do that. Floaties for infants and toddlers to ride in whether in the pool or on the water would be great. It can add to their movement skill and tummy time. We need more things to do with infants and toddlers in the water. Especially with that Loves Water quirk! I love playing with mermaids. I really would like to see that updated so we can have tails in the water from infancy on up. And more tail and top variations for mermaids/mermen!
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    I'd love more worlds with beaches, but if we're getting another beach world I'd hope for a culture not yet represented in the game, nothing that is too similar to either Tartosa or Sulani, so not just a beach world.

I've been arguing for a Hotel and travel-pack with an African or Indian world, and either could easily incorporate beach lots as well as beach activities, but mixed with other activities for the region as well, giving us things we've never seen before in the Sims.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    I'd love more worlds with beaches, but if we're getting another beach world I'd hope for a culture not yet represented in the game, nothing that is too similar to either Tartosa or Sulani, so not just a beach world.

I've been arguing for a Hotel and travel-pack with an African or Indian world, and either could easily incorporate beach lots as well as beach activities, but mixed with other activities for the region as well, giving us things we've never seen before in the Sims.

I would argue that Caribbean culture isn't yet represented in the game but admittedly I am looking for something a bit more generic with this request. I grew up near the Atlantic and most of my vacations growing up were along the Atlantic so I'm looking to create something similar to my own experiences.

That being said, I've made countless threads requesting more worlds that bring in elements of other cultures so I can completely understand this desire as well. A hotel and travel pack is at the top of my wish list.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I wouldn't mind a 3rd beautiful beach island world as long as it finally has a Castaway adventure play. Also, the islands so needs actual boathouses. :p;)
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Del Sol Valley should have beach lots
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Del Sol Valley should have beach lots

Apartments and promenade too. Del Sol Valley should have been as vibrant as San Myshuno.

sims_052.jpg
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I would argue that Caribbean culture isn't yet represented in the game but admittedly I am looking for something a bit more generic with this request. I grew up near the Atlantic and most of my vacations growing up were along the Atlantic so I'm looking to create something similar to my own experiences.

That being said, I've made countless threads requesting more worlds that bring in elements of other cultures so I can completely understand this desire as well. A hotel and travel pack is at the top of my wish list.

You're right, the Caribbean isn't represented, but it has been. Mostly I'm worried that a pack about the Caribbean would be too similar to Island Living and add very little that is new other than some new fashion choices and architecture. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Caribbean world, so I completely see the lure of it, but I think an African or Indian world would offer more in terms of game play. I would love to be proven wrong :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The Next Beach World needs to be Caribbean or Hawaain inspired. With the latter Sunlit Tides in Sims 3 was a Hawaain based world.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Would be lovely if they did a Hawaii inspired world and added surfing and hula dancing. Ukulele would be nice too.
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2023
    I've been dreaming of an greek world inspired pack, where you could choose a romantic vacation in a cruise ship (with parties, water parks, date nights, etc.) or an cultural vacation [with old olympics, lost temples, magical treasures, the minoan maze (bring minotaurs)] and a brazillian world pack inspired by Salvador with a seaside big city featuring resorts and tons of concerts in the streets and beaches.
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    A Greek world would be amazing! I suggested one as part of an archeology career refresh - find statuary of the Greek Gods and monsters as well as displayable weaponry - and such a world would easily accommodate beach lots, I think.
    The trouble with *just* a beach world is a sense of been there, done that. I know that the theme hasn't been properly fleshed out yet - what in the Sims has? - but I'm afraid if the concentrated on more beach stuff it would be at the expense of some other great things they could be working on. It's a double-edged sword.
    That said, I'd kill for beach volleyball, pool/water bars, kids being able to play games in the water like marco polo, a boardwalk with carnival games and prizes and a carousel, surfing, and improved mermaids with underwater lots to explore.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    A Greek world would be amazing! I suggested one as part of an archeology career refresh - find statuary of the Greek Gods and monsters as well as displayable weaponry - and such a world would easily accommodate beach lots, I think.
    The trouble with *just* a beach world is a sense of been there, done that. I know that the theme hasn't been properly fleshed out yet - what in the Sims has? - but I'm afraid if the concentrated on more beach stuff it would be at the expense of some other great things they could be working on. It's a double-edged sword.
    That said, I'd kill for beach volleyball, pool/water bars, kids being able to play games in the water like marco polo, a boardwalk with carnival games and prizes and a carousel, surfing, and improved mermaids with underwater lots to explore.

I really wish they would expand on archeology, the already have so much of the animations and the skill in place from Jungle Adventures I wouldn't think it would require as much. They could make a very big world and each neighborhood could be based on a different area that you could explore, Greece is a great idea, Egypt is classic, maybe somewhere like China or Indonesia for a third area. I would totally buy that and it would keep me entertained for a while.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Would be lovely if they did a Hawaii inspired world and added surfing and hula dancing. Ukulele would be nice too.

Island living is Hawaii-inspired, so I have to admit that I fail to see the need of more of the same instead of something new. I wouldn't mind more activities being added to the pack, but I'm doubtful I would buy a new pack with just more of the same.

To be fair, that goes for all beach worlds for me. Not that I wouldn't love more beach worlds, but they have to offer something else, something new, some piece of culture and lots of game play that is new and exciting.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

Island living is Hawaii-inspired, so I have to admit that I fail to see the need of more of the same instead of something new. I wouldn't mind more activities being added to the pack, but I'm doubtful I would buy a new pack with just more of the same.

To be fair, that goes for all beach worlds for me. Not that I wouldn't love more beach worlds, but they have to offer something else, something new, some piece of culture and lots of game play that is new and exciting.

It would not be more of the same, unless you refer to the beaches and swimming, but I don't think anyone would complain about more swimmable water. Personally, I would welcome any kind of beach world. With Sulani, however, we didn't get the stuff I would normally associate with Hawaii, hula dancing, surfing, hammocks, and singing entertainment at luaus. We got fire dancing but that's not enough. We need proper Hawaiian music and hula dancing. This time they could also add hotels, golf and golf carts and even a scuba diving boat that could offer sight seeing tours and scuba diving tours to tourists. Island Living added swimmable water and mermaids and not much else to the basegame gameplay, I am sure they could add so much more to improve the Island Living experience.