March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More festivals like the ones in City Living

We need more festivals that are as interesting as the ones in city living. I don't go to the City Living festivals every sim week but I do still use them and I'm not bored of them. The Cottage Living festivals failed to capture the same interests level for me, the Snowy Escape ones are okay. Most the the Island Living ones don't even happen in my game.

What are some interesting ideas for festivals you would like to see in the future? Or are you not interested in festivals at all?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love to see Seasonal Festivals in Sims 4. They were way fun in Sims 3, especially the fall one.🍁🎃👻
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think they could have added a classical music festival in San Sequoia, where the piano is. They could have added some chairs and pretty lights for the duration of the festival and have 2-3 sims perform classical music two days in a row in the evening. Entry is free of charge.
    An arts and crafts festival would be nice too where sims could buy various crafts and supplies, get coupons for free skill classes, children can do some crafts.
    A sunday market type of festival where sims come to buy produce, canned goods and cooked dishes.
    Similarly, seasonal festivals like winterfest market, harvest fest, oktober fest, sakura fest,
    A street party carnival with dancing and food.
    A marathon, bike ride, swimming or skating competition.
    A photography festival.
    Would be nice if sims could attend festivals as either visitor or participant, so they could actively take part in the race, or sell their produce or crafts.
    All festivals need to have food and souvenir stands.
    A dog and cat show.
    A miliatary parade or enlistment ceremony.
    A science and technology fair where you can go see the latest developments in science and buy your first robot and maybe even get your old one serviced and upgraded. Children could buy science kits.
    A vampire convention.
    Make museums to charge en entry fee and then have museum nights where sims could visit the museums for free.
    The Night of AdEaters at the movie theater or indie, black and white/silent movie day, movie premiere with red carpet and chance to meet the actors, take pictures with Godzilla and such.
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 120 Member
    edited May 2023
    I'm really hoping Mardi Gras and Jazzfest for Willow Creek in BG, and wish we could have seasonal festivals in Seasons too.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    This new mod lets you know what happened in Sulani.
    It shocks me that it is the first time for me to list how many festivals in Sulani( and we have a locked one--observing turtles laying eggs
    However, after experiencing some of them following the calendar, I got tired of these, which have only one or recycled activities much lamer than those in San Myshuno. I can't immerse myself in the island culture well.
    As for Cottage Fair, there are few reactions from other competitors and walkers-by.
    I wish we have some festivals in the colourful houses by the Anchorpoint wharf, like craft sales and children's lemonade stalls
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I really found it odd that there was no arts festival in City Living. You have an ARTS QUARTER, why not an arts festival?
  • OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    I love the idea. Festivals just add world interaction. Especially when you try to avoid loading screens, having some fun activities in your neighborhoods adds so much to the experience. Perhaps they don't need to spawn as often like they do in City Living.

• basegame worlds: Music festivals. Kids fairs/Teen Fairs, just so that your children and teens can meet other children and teens.
    • Get Famous/Del Sol Valley: Street Food Festival. It's supposed to represent LA, so why not include more food? :D would love some pack integration with food stalls City Living and other packs. While there are star meet ups at the lounge, this could also be used for the boulevard itself.
    • Eco Living/Evergreen Harbor: Makers Festival: Where you can buy lots of crafted furniture or plants
    • Get to Work/Magnolia Promenade Flea Market with clothes (and if we had the option for premade outfits in CAS then those could be used :#
    • Get Together/Windenburg : technically there are raves which I love, but how about a Club Meet Up festival

Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    edited May 2023
    Seasonal festivals- I was so disappointed not to see this feature return with sims 4 seasons as it was one of my favorite parts of sims 3. I desperately want them to introduce a lot that will change with the seasons and bring back this feature. Expanding on it to include festivals around certain in season foods like a strawberry festival where sims can get unique foods and pick fruit would be great, maybe add a stage for a musical performance, a photo booth, and some unique seasonal activities. I would also like to have a winter/holiday market pop up close to winterfest with holiday gifts and warm drinks/unique foods.

Carnivals- some sort of traveling Carnival would be a great addition. Part of the allure I think is in that it is temporary. A Carnival lot that is a park but has options like the community spaces to change into various carnivals. Carnivals could include unique foods, music/dancing, rides, and activities. Having vendors selling crafts and having the ability to see crafts would also be a nice addition.
    Children's festival- the one in snowy escape is sort of lack luster for me. I think it is the lack of new activities. The food stall is nice. I think what makes the city living festivals so amazing is that it includes activities that you can't do all the time. Plus they feel so full bc so many sims attend. Creating a children's festival that includes unique experiences would be great. Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity I'm growing together. That area with the random piano would have been a great spot for a festival.

Music festival- I hadn't really thought of this until it was mentioned above but I love this idea. We really need a bands pack. Having something similar to the sims sessions from a few years ago but as a permanent addition to the game would be great. They could have food stalls, a bar, maybe some general basic activities, souvenir stands.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well the henford festival is buggy for me and the highschool. Henford really there's no other contestants some times with animal and the food tasting contest, or the garden one. HSY festival it keeps saying henford festival.
    But I would like more festival but with more fun things to do check out booths of selling items, gaming like carnival games.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    This new mod lets you know what happened in Sulani.
    It shocks me that it is the first time for me to list how many festivals in Sulani( and we have a locked one--observing turtles laying eggs
    However, after experiencing some of them following the calendar, I got tired of these, which have only one or recycled activities much lamer than those in San Myshuno. I can't immerse myself in the island culture well.
    As for Cottage Fair, there are few reactions from other competitors and walkers-by.
    I wish we have some festivals in the colourful houses by the Anchorpoint wharf, like craft sales and children's lemonade stalls

For me it's entirely the other way around. The Sulani ones feel more communal and down to earth. My sim went to every pot luck and bbq and when she had kids to every family day on the beach as well. Less so the others, but she used them occasionally. The CL ones my sims go to sometimes, but after a few times I feel I've seen them all.

What I would really love is events that perhaps didn't happen so often, but made sense for each town. I love the idea of a Mardi Graz/jazzfestival for Willow Creek. A winterfest market for Windenburg. Egghunt for simster in some world. A music festival in San Sequoia...
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    I can't immerse myself in the island culture well.
    For me it's entirely the other way around. The Sulani ones feel more communal and down to earth. My sim went to every pot luck and bbq and when she had kids to every family day on the beach as well. Less so the others, but she used them occasionally. The CL ones my sims go to sometimes, but after a few times I feel I've seen them all.
    I know when you play as a native, these festivals are good additions to your after-work. We only have passionate neighbours, but more island cultures are missing, like hula, garland, aquarium mentioned in another recent thread and water fun such as swimming together and breath-holding competition... You can cook out or dance around a fire in Windenburg or Mt.Komeberi, too.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I agree that festivals can be fun, but since we’re unable to customize them, I’m reluctant to ask for more festival types.

In Sims 3 you can create your own festival grounds with Seasonal lot markers. You would typically create 1 per season and each time a new season starts, the festival ground resets and another one appears. If you don’t want festivals in your game, you can delete the lot. No notifications, nothing.

In Sims 4 this level of customization could be a achieved by adding a simple lot trait, the problem here is that you can’t get to it without a loading screen, which is the entire point of having festivals appear in the world itself. Another good reason for a neighborhood editing tool. 😇
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well the henford festival is buggy for me and the highschool. Henford really there's no other contestants some times with animal and the food tasting contest, or the garden one. HSY festival it keeps saying henford festival.

The HSY festivals have never worked correctly for me either. Now they just basically take up space on my calendar. Hanford got boring pretty quickly.

That is part of my point. The CL festivals are so fun, the majority of the festivals that have come since have failed to capture that same level of entertainment. I want more in-game festivals more similar to CL.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2023
    Something like TS1 Magic Town x Travelling Circus or medieval fair would be so cool but true would take so much space and I wouldn't like them to be rabbitholes so idk if that is doable off lot

thinking of small off lot stuff therefore

• Motorcycle racing event
    - spawns motorcycle race item on road somewhere close by (similar to one in Urbz Gasoline Row)
    - you can win fun things/money by challenging sims to race motorcycles with you
    - you can also kick down the motorcycles and many sims will be angry at you
    - maybe some dude bro selling sausages
    - maybe you could also show other sims tricks on your motorcycle and possibly die a horrible death
    - or maybe sabotage bikes which would lead to horrible deaths also
    - should definitely start mid day and last long into the night
    - there should definitely be some gasoline row music too
    - since game loves situational outfit it would be funny to put everyone in gasoline row style outfits
    - can you tell i have unhealthy obsession with gasoline row
    - I almost forgot the arm wrestling table yes arm wrestling competition
    • Performance stage
    - Similar to how we had the sims sessions thing but this time the stage can spawn in every world theres room for it and our sims can perform songs, show magic etc. for profit
    • spooky day autumn fun
    -pumpkins
    -pumpkin carving
    -patchy
    - apple bobbing
    - pie eating contest
    - spooky fun
    - leaf piles
    you know the usual
    • pet contest
    - obstacle course n all the sims with their pets what more do you need
    - food maybe
    •Brawl cage
    - I think Neighborhood Brawl day should definitely spawn proper fight cage like one in urbz central station :sunglasses: or if cage is too much just add a marking thing off lot so your sims can get in position for good brawl and other sims can have fun watching
    • Uptown Politics festival
    - I feel like this is a totally missed opportunity in city living because theres protests, politics stuff etc and theres the good set up already in Uptown for this
    sims could debate and give speeches n do all that politician stuff and start protests etc or watch the chaos, obviously.
    •Masquerade ball
    -Have I gone through every edgy music video cliché yet? anyway i think masquerade ball would be cool

also second arts for San Myshuno n the music n cinema ones for San Sequoia

and honestly i think pie eating contest and kissing booths would have been lovely addition to henford festivals cause first one would have gone hand in hand with the pie contest thing and second one would have been lovely way to get some Agnes bag slap going
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I also miss the apple bobbing and eating contest we had in previous games. A masquerade ball or even party type would be so fun!
    I totally forgot about a Medieval faire! So many great possibilities.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »

The HSY festivals have never worked correctly for me either. Now they just basically take up space on my calendar. Hanford got boring pretty quickly.

That is part of my point. The CL festivals are so fun, the majority of the festivals that have come since have failed to capture that same level of entertainment. I want more in-game festivals more similar to CL.

Festival ideas:
    Quilting/art competition is sorely needed as a festival activity, and I would like pets to have judging competitions like they currently do chickens.
    The pet would have to have a certain skill level (such as obstacle course skill for dogs) to enter the competition. Grooming skill (the ability for a Sim to comfortably groom them) could be a criteria for cat festivals and dog festivals. Dogs who escape baths are rarely show dogs, and cats who hiss at judges when inspected, are not good show cats. I was hoping to see more at the country fair besides just eggs and chickens being judged. The swag booth did not open during the whole festival for me.

A food tasting festival would also be great: we already have lots of food trucks in game, put all the food trucks on one lot and have them all give out free samples as part of their menu (Order food - Free sample: $0 simoleons). The curry challenge comes close to this, but the samples should come directly from the trucks, and give moodlets (hungry from wanting more, or bored from bland food, or "so much delicious food!" dazed moodlet).

Also, my Sims haven't gone camping in awhile: there needs to be a camping festival or event for Outdoor Retreat held in the National park. Hammocks would be a great addition to the camping and backyard experience.
    For Get Famous, there should be a Meet Celebrity festival so that you can go anytime during the event, not just when invited.

Batuu Cosplay would be a great opportunity for an event or holiday activity, or even a new festival on Batuu (Sim discovers what they thought was cosplay...isn't, and/or unlock special interactions recognizing a Sim as Cosplayer from Batuu characters).

However, I think events and activities add more substance than the festival itself does. The festivals I like most in San Myshuno create memorable group activities.

Doctor or dentist visits/checkups might make a great rabbit hole/chance card event.
    If an eye doctor, maybe you could have a new pair of glasses for your Sim given to you at the event, or a new contact lens/facepaint makeup unlocked that changes eye color temporarily. (There are tons of custom content facepaints that only change the eye color now.) If a dentist, you could pay extra to fill cavities, or end up with a pair of braces, or get a new electric toothbrush decoration. Or a hearing test that gives you one of the new hearing aid CAS medical features. Or if sick at the time of visit, your illness is cured or you are sent home with medicine that cures it.

Vampire initiation would be a cool event. I already have a mod that adds this. Werewolf initiation, spellcaster initiation, and Mermaid initiation would also be great!

Escape room would be a great event. The Sim and their friends solve puzzles to exit a small series of rooms, which works like World Adventures.

E-gaming tournament separate from Geek-con would be useful, ESPECIALLY if you can specify the location, and change it if it would be raining/snowing. Or, the tournament could be watched on Sim-tube or Simeo by non-participating Sims.

Card games, board games (including group exploration board games), and dice games would be fun activities for a Gaming Night holiday or event.
    Or, a new Arcade venue could be visited for Gaming night.

Karaoke night would be a great new scheduled event, as would a guided haunted house tour (NOT requiring a move-in to experience), a boat tour in Sulani, a snowman building competition, and/or a bicycle race.

Family sleepovers (with suitcases) should be a player scheduled event, not automatic for unplayed households staying over with 4 people visiting your one-bedroom starter (WITHOUT sleeping bags...!) .

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited May 2023
    Something designed for families (From infant to elder)
    Village Fete

A festive venue with a banquet table (+ NPC chef) and fun activities where the sims can dance too from 11am to 2am.

69848610.jpg
    MichelleW wrote: »

Yeah CL is great and Snowy Escape Festival are awesome as well. It's just Henford they need to work and HSY they Desperately need to work on that ASAP.
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I'd like the Ren Faire to come back, but be an actual Festival and not just a sad-ish lot like in Sims 3. Medieval costumes and clothing outfits for all members of the family, with some new hairs and hats to match. Have a turkey leg, strawberry shortcake, funnel cake, steak on a stake, and other faire foods. Enjoy nectar and nectar making. Have new instruments like a lute or a harp. Introduce crafts like a pottery wheel and jewelry making bench here so your artisan Sims could sell your wares. Games with prizes and rides for the kids. Fencing/sword fighting, with kids getting to join in the fun with wooden toy swords and shields. Maybe a new archery skill. Watch jugglers and acrobats, and/or learn the skills yourself to become an entertainer on the festival stage! A jester could entertain with jokes and slaptstick comedy. NPCs would wander around to entertain you, too, like beggars and nobles. Would be a great pack to introduce fairies in, too ... is that a cosplayer or the real deal? Watch out for the pickpocket! This is a game pack I'd buy in a heartbeat...
    I'd like the Ren Faire to come back, but be an actual Festival and not just a sad-ish lot like in Sims 3. Medieval costumes and clothing outfits for all members of the family, with some new hairs and hats to match. Have a turkey leg, strawberry shortcake, funnel cake, steak on a stake, and other faire foods. Enjoy nectar and nectar making. Have new instruments like a lute or a harp. Introduce crafts like a pottery wheel and jewelry making bench here so your artisan Sims could sell your wares. Games with prizes and rides for the kids. Fencing/sword fighting, with kids getting to join in the fun with wooden toy swords and shields. Maybe a new archery skill. Watch jugglers and acrobats, and/or learn the skills yourself to become an entertainer on the festival stage! A jester could entertain with jokes and slaptstick comedy. NPCs would wander around to entertain you, too, like beggars and nobles. Would be a great pack to introduce fairies in, too ... is that a cosplayer or the real deal? Watch out for the pickpocket! This is a game pack I'd buy in a heartbeat...

Yes to all of this! I really miss nectar making, hopefully they bring it back eventually.