Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation 2023 (Patch Is Live)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
Another month another patch. I think this month will only bring a small bug fix update and maybe a few things for the base game sense we don't seem to be getting any SDX Drops anymore. I'm not expecting the Hot Update till June. I am expecting 2 Kits this month.

The Hot Update might be in Late June since we'll be getting another Roadmap in July.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    Well I do hope apartment walls are being fixed, it's been way too long and apartments are basically unplayable for a lot of people.

Someone on Twitter said that EA said they were working on it, but I haven't seen anything official about it.

Other than that, can imagine it's going to be more 'minor' bug fixes with clothes and other stuff related to Growing Together. I think with the last pack releases, updates usually were focused on that. I don't have the pack yet, so I'm hoping there's some general fixes.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I sure hope it adds some new items.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love for the balconies to be fixed so that we could add furniture, gardening pots etc that would be so awesome. Also it would be nice to be able to change out the windows without using the TOOL mod. I do like the kits that they have released recently, I still have some cc in my game but not as much as I used to have.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    What is wrong with the balconies and apartment walls, and how long have they been broken?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    What is wrong with the balconies and apartment walls, and how long have they been broken?

I think apartment walls were recently broken in a patch. Balconies have had issues for years.
    We might be getting a patch this week or next.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think not today. We would know if we were about to get update today, but we don't. Especially when it's promoted as big and hot
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited May 2023
    lunnarila wrote: »
    I think not today. We would know if we were about to get update today, but we don't. Especially when it's promoted as big and hot

June was still included in the roadmap for the hot update so we might still get small patch with bug fix and small sdx before it which may be this or next week
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2023
    Still no clue about what is planned, just some infos about the current strategy.
    It could mean a long life for The Sims 4 by taking the time to develop Project Rene.

Q4 2023 Earnings Call
    https://ir.ea.com/
    Stephen Ju
    Analyst, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC

Okay. Thank you. So, Andrew, as I listen you talk about the connected ecosystem, as well as blockbuster
    franchises, it seems like the complexity to develop a really successful franchise is only ratcheting higher. And
    hence, there is probably higher level of risk around all these projects as well. So, do you think you'll allow
    development teams in, say, the non-sports games longer lead times to make sure the quality is high and the risk
    to franchise damage is minimized? Thanks.

Andrew P. Wilson
    Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & Director, Electronic Arts, Inc.

Yeah, I think it's a great question. And I go back to some of the comments we made earlier, which is as we think
    about the notion of a game, the definition is evolving pretty dramatically. And so when we think about time for
    development, it's not just the creation of a world or the development of characters or the telling of a story. It's
    really about how do we build this as a platform that drives long-term live service business over a 10-plus year
    period. And I think as we think about supporting and investing in and growing our creating capabilities, our
    developer capabilities, our studio capabilities, that's really where we're investing meaningfully.
    And on balance, yes, we will give them more time, and we will let them evolve how they build and what they build
    and how they launch their games over time. But it's really not just about the complexity of games. It's really about
    the changing nature of what it is that we're building, but more importantly the changing nature of how we derive
    value from that development over the long term. And so, where we once built games in one year or two years and
    then monetize them over five weeks or five months, now games as a platform are taking longer, but the benefits
    are exponentially greater.
    And what we're seeing out of FC and what we're seeing out of Apex, what we're seeing out of The Sims, which
    again launched in 2014 is meaningful return over a decade-long life cycle. And as we set ourselves up for the
    future, that's going to be a meaningful part of how we invest in our company, how we invest in the content service
    that we provide to players, and how we support our development teams to do that.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    is a patch coming out on tuesday?
    edited May 2023
    It doesn't look like we'll be getting a Patch this month. Monday is June 1st. That said however The Sims have released the laundry list.
    Update I was wrong June 1st is Thursday so maybe a Patch Tuesday(?) Alexa corrected me.

Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    It doesn't look like we'll be getting a Patch this month. Monday is June 1st.
    Maybe a calendar bug? I see Thursday is June 1st :* As before we will get a patch on Tuesday or Wednesday, that is still in May
    It doesn't look like we'll be getting a Patch this month. Monday is June 1st.
    Maybe a calendar bug? I see Thursday is June 1st :* As before we will get a patch on Tuesday or Wednesday, that is still in May

Yes I was wrong. I corrected above. I asked Alexa just to make sure and she said it was Thursday.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Any chances this update will feature the hot update? I dont understand why they would hype an sdx drop as a hot update.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited May 2023
    "For this month" - seems quite obvious to me that we'll get the patch before June.

@kostasmpi: Not any chance. It was made clear that the "hot" update simply referred to the Caliente refresh. Caliente means hot in Spanish.
    Best to keep your expectations as low as possible and enjoy what we get when we get it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    Might be a patch tomorrow since it last Tuesday of the month.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Is June considered with this rotation or the summer rotation for a road map?if that's the case we might have two kits announcement tomorrow and Tuesday after next a road map announcement...maybe.
    June is the last of this quarter so a roadmap will probably come around July 1st with an EP or Gamepack to follow i2 or 3 weeks later.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member

I'm a grunge kid at heart and I love having more of this! Werewolves gave us both a new occult life state but it embraced the grunge aesthetic. I love that a year later we're getting more of it.🙂
    edited May 2023