Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Recover from [dramatic interlude] The MOD, Which Must Not Be Named?

I installed "a MOD" so my teenagers could dare each other to streak.

Now that my sims have aged up into YA they don't need that MOD anymore. So I removed the MOD from my MOD folder and placed it in a seperate, safe location. (Well, I had a hard time compartmentalizing that MOD so I wound up removing ALL my mods and restarted the game.)

I can tell through the pixelation that there's something off about the lower torso of my played sims. It's like they're wearing black boxer briefs.

What did I do wrong, and how can I repair it?

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    This may be a stupid question but did you delete your localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    ^ If that doesn't work, a good old -fashioned repair game can go a long way in fixing problems with game textures going wonky. I had a similar issue after uninstalling a mod that changed the texture of snowflakes.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    Did you delete your localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder?
    There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers, and I have a million of 'em.

Yes... Without an immediate response, I researched all I could about recovering and that was one of the #1 steps. I deleted the localthumbcache and re-booted, and still any sim that was present during modified play has the same thing going on.
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    ^A good old -fashioned repair game can go a long way in fixing problems...

So that's the next step. Thankfully the EA App allows you to manage and repair without having to hunt down files or delete and reload the enttire game.

Thanks, Folks for your response.
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    So that's the next step [repairing the game].
    Nope. That didn't work.

I remember while I was installing the MOD, I had to download a new body style [rig?] to accommodate the MOD, so I think I corrupted the game's base/default body style when I accommodated the MOD.

There was a suggestion that I turn on game cheats and [shift + click] on my sim and try to debug, or go into cas.fulleditmode on. Neither of those ideas worked.

But while I was there in CAS, I had the opportunity to build another SIM... and the problem persisted. So, I don't think it's in my save file, I think I corrupted the based game affecting body types.

I think I'm going to have to perform a complete delete and reinstall the game.

I'll hold out for a couple of days to see if anyone else has a better suggestion.

Cheers!
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »

I was going to suggest that as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel