Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We might get a new announcement after the ongoing sale?

They won't announce new content during a sale, and the current sale (started yesterday?) will end on May 28th.

So, my guess us that we get either info on a new pack or the hot update during the following week - maybe on or about May 30...

It's already been a while since they announce a coming hot date, it seems unlikely to announce an update that takes much longer. Perhaps the recent App hiccup delayed a patch, but it seems the problem has mostly been solved by now.

I miss the times when we learned about a coming pack months ahead and could plan and prepare accordingly...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2023
    Theres sale?
    does it include stuff packs?

I'd go look but I don't have computer access today :sweat_smile:

edit: googled 30% off for sp hmm
    I just might take that offer actually I'll sleep on it

still think next news is about the kit vote though and then maybe remaining 2 kits in roadmap? I feel like those can't be the same kits being voted on because uh with what time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member

Oh, that was nice, thanks! I was hoping for something else, but I'm basically most eager to learn about packs anyway :)
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Theres sale?
    does it include stuff packs?

I'd go look but I don't have computer access today :sweat_smile:

edit: googled 30% off for sp hmm
    I just might take that offer actually I'll sleep on it

still think next news is about the kit vote though and then maybe remaining 2 kits in roadmap? I feel like those can't be the same kits being voted on because uh with what time

Ha! I was tempted to check out the packs I don't already own, too. But luckily I remembered that my computer can probably handle max one more pack, and I decided to save that till after I know what the next new pack might be.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2023
    @Simmerville haha yeah I just got Romantic Garden and Spooky stuff since they've been on list for ages

I just never really have the situation where I can get odd small packs cause theres always bigger pack to want first and money only stretches so far so :sweat_smile:

figured I'd take my chance while they haven't announced a thing and I have all the bigger packs :lol:

well minus batuu which would have been the other option besides stuff packs but it is always on the last spot in priority list,even with some interesting useful looking items, simply because I haven't even watched Star Wars yet :lol: I feel like I kind of need to know what its all even about first :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited May 2023
    Ha, opposite approach there. Maybe that's the smarter one, grabbing packs on sale before the one that I need is announced ;)

Btw, I kind of want Batuu myself, but it will not match well with my only save, so I guess it might be for later. Hard to see my Duchess travel to Batuu anytime soon, LOL I'm always amazed by the graphics when I see posed pictures from that pack, though.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Ha, opposite approach there. Maybe that's the smarter one, grabbing packs on sale before the one that I need is announced ;)

Btw, I kind of want Batuu myself, but it will not match well with my only save, so I guess it might be for later. Hard to see my Duchess travel to Batuu anytime soon, LOL I'm always amazed by the graphics when I see posed pictures from that pack, though.

I treat Batuu like it's a theme park, not a planet. It makes for easier storytelling. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My guess is that any new info will probably be in early June; but that’s just my guess?

One another note, I treat my Batuu pack as an addition for my fun Futuristic game play. The pack still goes well with my
    Get to Work & Strangerville.😎😉
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited May 2023
    I was just thinking yesterday that since the current quarter goes through June, if we are getting a summer EP, we might get it in July, and if so, we could hear about it as early as six weeks before. So, for example, if there's a release date of July 20th, we might get an announcement between June 8th and 22nd?

Someone told me in another thread that we are supposed to get two more kits this quarter. If that's correct, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about those over the next couple of weeks, and then nothing more until we hear about the next season in June.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    The current roadmap runs through the end of June so I doubt we will see any announcements until the next roadmap, other than the 2 kits that are supposed to be part of the current map.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I finally bought Batuu and have been playing it and I like it. I am glad I waited for the sale.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow! Congrats @RamblineRose for finally getting Batuu.🤩
    If you also have Get to Work & Strangerville, you can have one very fun Futuristic SciFi fun with them.😎😛😉
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    @SERVERFRA I also love Strangerville bought it when it came out. Batuu is a nice escape from the regular sims play, I can take my time to play through the aspiration. I love the loading screen for Batuu going to the outpost, district, or encampment. I wish they would have used the same type of loading screen for the whole game. I also like the build buy for Batuu some nice feature to add to my builds.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    All were getting in June is the 2 kits plus a patch which will probably be small.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well if we didn’t get an EP in July then at least a game pack, that’ll leave an EP for the usual holiday season (Oct-Dec)
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited June 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well minus batuu which would have been the other option besides stuff packs but it is always on the last spot in priority list,even with some interesting useful looking items, simply because I haven't even watched Star Wars yet :lol: I feel like I kind of need to know what its all even about first :joy:

Honestly I’d say it’s not hugely important.

There are two characters from the movies in it. And these are the newer Disney movies not the old famous ones.

You’d obviously get more references and things if you’d seen it, there are lightsabers and droids and the ships from the movies. There is also music from the film and some CAS and hair.

But if you just played it as a space theme park, it wouldn’t be that much different of an experience really.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm still not convinced we'll get another GP at all this year.

My uneducated guess is we'll get

-a horses, unicorns and fairys EP this summer (end of July),
    -a StuffPack Revival, Grim Reaper SP, for aprox. Halloween,
    -4-8 more kits
    -some BG updates, maybe plus a Dine Out refresh for November.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen