Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlucky Chef Scenario (completed)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Sooo giving the unlucky chef scenario a go since we had so much fun with the no skills and plant a sim one :)
nv2Ly6x.png

My sim I will be using is fresh out of cas (no skills) and her name is Kiana.
ZTwyetU.png

Kiana lives in San Sequoia on the Parkside place lot (I did remove the quakes challenge)
1gZ09da.png

I am going to start this soon, just need to make dinner for my real family (hopefully I won't burn down the house like my sim might LOL) I think the first thing I will do is see if I can afford a smoke detector and sprinkler system, but will update soon once I play a bit ;)

@mightysprite @permanentrose
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Watching eagerly :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Ok guys we are ready to go.

So this was the house as Kiana got it.
    TrCJBdh.png

Made some changes to the lights and added the sprinkler system
    94htudh.png
    tEgl9YV.png

Kiana joined the culinary career
    PfKNPCn.png

This is her current kitchen, we will upgrade the stove and fridge as she gains simoleons
    1WaMsl4.png

Made a quick change before playing, put a showerbath since I know she needs a shower to extinguish herself if she is on fire ;) Also picked the aspiration that would coincide with the career and challenge :)
    yXnUSc3.png
    Watching eagerly :)

Hehe :D Thanks for the suggestion <3
    Oh my gosh that did not take long. I even had her taking a thoughtful shower before cooking :o

BzeXb7v.png

After extinguishing herself she ran and stood outside, leaving it to the fireladies to sort out
    Phjl9Gs.png

The sprinkler assisted a bit too late
    7VEJ7bA.png

Insurance paid out a bit of the money and she got a replacement stove, gonna run out of money if this keep happening :D
    UULWSub.png
    She is gonna get to know those firefighters really well I bet :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2023
    I played last night before going to bed and before I saw that you posted and I chose the same world and lot 😂😂 my first update will be coming later today :)
    I played last night before going to bed and before I saw that you posted and I chose the same world and lot 😂😂 my first update will be coming later today :)

Hahahaha great minds think alike :D
    She is gonna get to know those firefighters really well I bet :)

They will be her best friends in no time ;)
    Ok, so Kiana managed to make some Frank and beans with no fire, she also shared it with her welcome wagon, they quite enjoyed it :)
    UZyYeL9.png
    4GLyKxf.png

Afterwards I made her watch cooking shows on tv, to try and show her how to do it the right way and not burn down the place (also her fun was real low)
    0CyIxvd.png

Before work I had her make a safe none stove using fruit salad, so that she can go to work in a good mood
    ZlbGcRO.png

After work she was in good spirits.
    RHMPhvb.png

I thought it the perfect time to do her daily tasks for her job, looks like I picked a perfect time, she started a fire but also successfully extinguished it and afterwards made some awesim taco's which completed her tasks for the day. Hopefully she will have a promotion tomorrow if I can keep her in a good mood :)
    jz1h2XB.png.

ZB3SpY8.png

6dwKLsU.png
    edited May 2023
    I started off with a sim I already had floating around my world (just like Camilla in my last challenge) since I have so many fun sims I've edited/created so it's nice to use them for challenges like this.

So meet Elsie Moon. Even though she had a few random skills just started, cooking was not one of them so she's starting straight from beginning.
    HRwVUBj.jpg

She's living on the Parkside lot in San Sequoia too. I downloaded a cute little house from the gallery to replace the original lot though and I left the quake challenge but added a few lot traits that should help her out.
    ZZDl7bV.jpg
    4HhRtVE.png
    (Elsie had a lot of money I had cheated for her from another challenge she showed up in, but after buying her house I put her down to $2000, seemed like a fair starting point)

First time cooking and she's looking so hopeful.
    lL2qA1X.png

And there it is :D
    83prthT.png

She bravely fought the flames before the damage got too bad. (Replacing these appliances constantly is really going to be a financial challenge!)
    6tPYbzJ.png

A little while later she made some cheese and had success :)
    imCWL0f.png
    ENVuqNJ.jpg

She has chosen a career in the culinary field and I plan to do the chef branch. Stay tuned for more :)
    Oh dear, I sent Elsie out in a thunderstorm to search for collectables she could sell, and she got struck by lightening. I think she might just be unlucky in general :D
    UFYfa6Z.png

And then, of course, my pesky vampire break in mod kicked in since she's living alone and the vampires almost always come without fail if everyone in the household is asleep.
    WUgWbeB.png
    c2g9I8h.png

Since Camilla already had to deal with so many vampires in my plant a sim scenario, I didn't want a repeat of that, so the best way to have a "sim" awake at night is to get a pet, so meet Poppy <3
    jVw68IV.png
    TkHUPFi.jpg

Starting a little garden to bring in the simoleons.
    iV5bnFY.png

And also taking up knitting so she can use plopsy.
    0wHihJQ.jpg

Didn't take any screenshots of the actual fire but the damage from her latest one was quite extensive...
    t8ZoGQM.png

We'll stick to salad for now LOL
    RWF0SEg.png
    @mcrudd Great start! I love Kiana's chef hat, really adds to the mood of the challenge. Seeing your welcome wagon made me realize Elsie never had a welcome wagon which is strange, but oh well. Can't wait to see Kiana's journey - I think Elsie is gonna have to add that sprinkler system to her house too haha. Fingers crossed that both our sims make it out of this one alive!
    It's fun that both of you are planning for fires to happen a lot, rather than trying to find some way to weasel out of it :)
    So after another fire, Elsie ran out of money to replace her current fridge so she had to seek sustenance elsewhere.
    vpI2wNg.png

She was so hungry that she didn't even bother to find a place to sit before digging in lol.
    Tp62pUa.png

I forgot I gave her the clumsy trait :D
    ROQ9TkO.png

While she was in the neighborhood, I thought it would be fun for her to go to a movie.
    aaHLPlS.jpg

But she didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped :D
    BbUVpee.png

Playtime with Poppy <3
    CNSfALC.png

This is safest way for her to build her cooking skill right now. (Not to mention the fact that she still doesn't have the funds to replace her fridge lol)
    un7bqnj.png

I finally did give her a cheap fridge though because she couldn't complete her work promotion tasks or milestones for her aspiration.
    67BUiaX.png

And no fire!
    kqVR5mD.png

edited May 2023
    Unsurprising at this point :D
    bzEEX1A.png

Firefighters to the rescue.
    tnQhuHe.jpg

And even though Elsie was filthy and in her pjs, that didn't stop her from flirting with this cutie :D
    XdARWK3.jpg
    iIw8kho.jpg

8EAhPQa.jpg
    HiqjEGM.png

Poppy sleeping next to a hair pile that's as big as she is :D
    6rHqNLv.png

She's doing the chef aspiration, so she had to host a dinner party which of course went up in flames. Her guests are the firefighters who have visited her house several times now, but they seem to have forgotten how to put out a fire when they aren't on the clock :D
    uN37IvO.jpg

She basically had a date with Josh (the one she was flirting with) while Johnny sat by himself.
    i3SedXt.jpg

The dinner party ended up being a success though!
    WXBVl0J.jpg
    @mightysprite glad you’re enjoying our posts! This is a weird challenge for sure since there aren’t individual goals. Its marked as a hard scenario but I don’t feel like it’s that difficult (having the money to replace appliances was the hardest bit but now that Elsie has been moving up in her career and fished up a dragon fruit berry that she planted and can sell daily, money is looking good for her). It’s been so rare that I’ve had sims die from being on fire so it just feels more like a vague annoyance rather than a real risk. I’m curious to see how long it takes me to finish :)
    I forgot to say how much I enjoy that there is a little kitten to essentially serve as guard against vampire breakins.

Vampire vs. kitten: clearly, kitten prevails

Hi guys so sorry I am not around at moment. Got a lot going on in real life, have not simmed since last update. Enjoy reading your updates though @permanentrose :) Hope to be back soon <3
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Quiet lurker here letting you know I'm enjoying this.
    edited May 2023
    @mcrudd No worries, real life always comes first, hope everything is okay <3
    @NRowe Glad to always have people enjoying my gameplay, I appreciate the feedback :)
    @mightysprite Hahaha, yeah, little Poppy can take on the big scary vampires :D

---

Elsie and Josh have sparked up a little romance <3
    AZ0dZXD.png

Elsie even asked Josh to do a stay over for a few days.
    JrDYRRZ.jpg
    nDCatgp.png
    d1RixFC.png
    xru2DB8.png

An earthquake hit while she was on the toilet and her reaction was great :D
    j0Eymfj.png

The sprinkler system in action.
    tjjwvMi.png

Literally I feel like she barely notices the flames these days :D
    wwMvK4G.jpg

I also aged Poppy up and we're not about to risk kittens.
    qNniTsu.png

She'll suffer in the cone of shame while she heals from her spay.
    OHMBoTn.jpg

Also got to the point where Elsie had to choose which career path to take and we're taking the hard one.
    DFedc1Q.png
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I'm enjoying both your updates. I am doing this challenge with a pre-made sim in San Myshuno. He is only allowed to make salads and fruit salad that way I have no fires!!
    Well, there are indeed risks that become realities with risky woohoo lol
    HxRpJWs.png

Josh is still getting used to the idea
    Vi2HGqE.png
    ACWFY9U.png

She's teaching him how to cook.
    6I9X85c.png

But even cooking together and being pregnant doesn't make her immune to fires :D
    NTMfpEb.jpg

I was glad I could use the baby shower event to fulfill that step of the aspiration.
    e8BcYR2.jpg

She does look like she's pregnant with like three babies though 0.0
    lo82HIv.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Congratulations Elsie (and Josh) ;)
    ACWFY9U.png

Something about the hands says "looking for a loophole" XD

Hope you are doing ok out there, @mcrudd

Hi all, I just woke up now. I am sorry about my absence, I can try and explain <3 I am going to have some breakfast and then I will load my game and try to play a bit. @permanentrose wow wow and one more wow for all your updates, your gameplay is so interesting. I think my favorite screenie is of the naughty kitty on the counter with her behind getting peppered LOL. AweSim updates as usual and you are doing so great :)
    I am so sorry guys, my brother has been missing for 7 years now. I did not know that when a person is missing for seven years then the family has the option to presume them deceased. I am having a bit of a disagreement with everyone about that. I gave 6 years of my life searching, selling personal items to pay for pi's and even being scammed by fake people. I did not know of the 7 years thing, and just stepped back last year due to health both mentally and physically due to the stress of him being missing. A cold case was opened and I felt at ease to step back a bit, but now they want to just shut everything and declare him dead. I had a mental breakdown, I am realizing I don't have much say and is trying to accept, but for now I guess its day by day. I did a lot of crying and sleeping the last few days, today I feel a bit more myself, although still very upset :(