Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims 3 worlds are inspired by cities? (The Sims 3 variant)

All of these worlds have a similar feel to them in real life! What worlds are inspired by real cities?

Sunset Valley has a theme that's similar to a inland town in California, due to the palm trees at the beach and large amounts of land. However, it also feels similar to inland Washington State or Oregon because it's hilly and mountainous at the outskirts of the world

Twinbrook has a Texas feel to it, because of the large feel to the area. However it has a San Francisco vibe to it as well due to the hilly aspects of the terrain

Bridgeport definitely New York

Appaloosa Plains looks a lot like Denver in terms of mountainous terrain

Starlight Shores is definitely Los Angeles

Moonlight Falls looks a lot like Western Washington because of it's tree cover and hilly terrain but also seems similar to places like Wyoming

Isla Paradiso feels like the Pacific Islands.

What are your opinions on these worlds? Do they agree or disagree? Let me know down below!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Aurora Skies is a Scandinavian town, Iceland or coastal Norway.

Barnacle Bay is in the New England area, near Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. It's my favorite world to play in, I have made a ton of new houses and commercial lots and a smattering of new families.

Dragon Valley is Ireland. If they actually had dragons there. 😺

Hidden Springs is Pacific Northwest.

Lucky Palms is obviously Las Vegas.

Lunar Lakes is an alien world.

Midnight Hollow is another Pacific Northwest, but more Twilight.

Monte Vista is northern Italy.

Riverview is middle-America small town. It's also my second favorite world. I frequently re-name it Riverdale and throw in my Archie and the gang families.

Roaring Heights is an Art Deco Miami.

I've always considered Sunlit Tides as a Pacific island, and Isla Paridoso is more of a Caribbean island.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

Moonlight Falls is based off of the Pacific Northwest since you have La Shove Beach, Chester and Bailey Swain family who is father/daughter. Bailey has an obsession with the Supernatural and Chester is a triple agent in law enforcement.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Most towns are west coast, which is to be expected from a company that sat in Emeryville next to Oakland.

Sunset Valley is a Southern California town directly on the Pacific Coast. The vegetation is spot on. The road out south gives me distinct Pacific Coast Highway vibes.

Starlight Shores is LA, with the villas on Malibu Beach.

Lucky Palms is Palm Springs, CA.

Bridgeport was modeled after Seattle of all things, at least according to the artist who built the town. Of course, there are other influences, reaching from Pittsburgh to NY.

Riverview is that non-descript that it could be anywhere. Which isn't the worst thing.

Hidden Springs is some cross of Colorado and Switzerland.

Twinbrook is bayou country, which is clearly spelled out, so mostly Louisiana, but reaching from Houston to Mobile.

The rest is more or less clear.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    honestly, for Sunset Valley, it kind of looks a little bit like New Orleans
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2023
    I'm from NYC, and there's not much about Bridgeport that feels distinctly NY to me. It's one of the reasons why I never warmed up to it and started building my own worlds. Parts of it kinda sorta feel like NYC but not at the same time. For instance, the bridge is brown and made of brick like The Brooklyn Bridge but it doesn't look like it at the same time.

I think that it was more inspired by open worlds from other video games but then threw in a mixture of real cities to create its own signature look. Aspects of both Bridgeport and Starlight Shores feel like they were using San Andreas as a template.
    EiFlric.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2023
    Some sim guru(s), if I recall correctly, said that Roaring Heights was based off Miami. I can see that, but I always suspected it took more inspiration from Atlantic City. Not just because of the boardwalk (I know other places, including Miami Beach, have boardwalks, but Atlantic City is kind of known for theirs, right?), but because Roaring Heights came out toward the end of Boardwalk Empire's run on HBO and you cannot convince me they didn't watch Boardwalk Empire and get inspired to make a new world. :lol:
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2023
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    ...Roaring Heights came out toward the end of Boardwalk Empire's run on HBO and you cannot convince me they didn't watch Boardwalk Empire and get inspired to make a new world. :lol:

I think it's one of those things where they mixed it up--thematically Boardwalk Empire (1920s clothes), but if taking place in Miami. No joke, but the location might have been chosen for copyright/legal reasons. *whistles...looks around innocently* :*
    EiFlric.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Here's my point of view on the EA worlds:

Midnight Hollow – I first thought it could be North Alaska with it’s amazing barren landscape and fjords and where there’s hardly no sun in winter. But then Transylvania is much more like it, in Romania. It looks just as mysteriously gloomy as the home of Dracula should be.

Hidden Springs
    – British Columbia or Alberta with their beautiful views of snowclad mountains (Could also be Switzerland…)

Moonlight Falls – Washington, USA - Ea was not a little Twilight inspired...

Starlight Shores – California, USA (Los Angeles and Hollywood with their starsystem…)

Lucky Palms
    – Nevada, USA (Las Vegas. Obviously.)

Appaloosa Plains – Utah, Arizona, USA (or wherever there are cowboys and wild horses!)

Riverview – let’s think Ingalls here! Missouri, Minnesota, USA…

Sunset Valley – is a little like Simpson’s Springfield = everywhere and nowhere! So I went for Northern California, USA

Roaring Heights – Florida, USA (Fort Lauderdale)

Isla Paradiso
    – West Indies (Cuba)

Sim’s University – Harvard, Cambridge…

Bridgeport – Just any big US East Coast City (but some says it could be San Fransisco or Portland)

Twin Brook – Lousiana,USA (The Bayou!)

Aurora Skies – Iceland with the hot springs and the general layout from above.

Dragon Valley – Celtic Ireland

Barnacle Bay – On the coast between France and Great Britain because the architecture is just the same!

Monte Vista – Italy, more precicely Tuscany, where you can't drive for long before you spot a beautiful village/town circled by high walls on a hill surrounded by vineyards...

Sunlit Tides – Bora Bora in the South Pacific

Champs-Les-Sims, France
    Shang Simla, China
    Al Simhara, Egypt

mysimsworldmap-v6.png
    NymlADp.jpg