Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @ElleLaAmour you could have saved all your new CC to a folder on the desktop and tested bits at a time to find out what was causing the problem. Are the files in your recycle bin?
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    edited May 2023
    @ElleLaAmour you could have saved all your new CC to a folder on the desktop and tested bits at a time to find out what was causing the problem. Are the files in your recycle bin?

Thanks. Yeah, I did that from the recycle bin. I found the problem... there were apparently several unopened rar and zip files, as I was still learning to use my new 7-zip.

I made sure all the remaining files were package files and restored them (about 50 or so) to the mod folder but it crashed the game again. That surprised me because they were all package files.

Anyway, not wanting to go through that many files to find the culprit, I decided to delete them all. From now on, I'm only going to download a few things at a time, to hopefully avoid this situation.

May I ask you one more question? When I extracted a rar file (extract here), there was only one package file and several other types of files inside.
    I put only the single package file in the mod folder and deleted the other files. I then checked to make sure the CC was in my game, and it was.

Is this common when opening a rar file... other stuff you don't need or want may be in there too? Should I just never put anything but package files in the mod folder without exception?

Thank you so much.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I’m so glad I’m a Vanilla player, that’s why I don’t have that problem with EA App.😛
    I’ve always believed that Mods/CCs/MCCs can bugger up the game.😖
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    As much as I don't like the forced transition from Origin to EA App, I thankfully haven't had any issues except for the recent server outage.

But I only use the EA App for Sims 2 and 3, so perhaps that is the reason.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    The latest error message!
    It's happened everyday since the latest app update, and today it popped up while I was playing.
    Fortunately it didn't stop game play. I managed to save around the message, then it disappeared and I could still play.
    I had to relog in after I closed the game.

Qy5nZ84.png

I get this message every time I play. With the app crashed, I just clear away the debris, bring the game up from the task bar, and keep playing. Seems to me that the app is incorrigibly broken.
  • Options
    Well, I played today for half an hour without that error popping up. Maybe if I played longer it might have. But I'll continue to monitor it.

For me it takes about 2 - 3 hours to show up. Not failed to happen yet.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited May 2023
    Well, I played today for half an hour without that error popping up. Maybe if I played longer it might have. But I'll continue to monitor it.

Funnily enough, I've been in the habit of bringing up the app and not playing straight away, since all the dramas began. Maybe it's when the apps been open for a few hours it happens, as the last time when it didn't pop up, I played immediately.

What's the debris you mentioned? @Oldeseadogge
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2023
    I'm always getting signed out of the EA app now when I restart my computer? Even when I have "keep me signed in" checked?

Anyone else having this issue?
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA App worked for me.

There also may be some tips in this thread if you haven't read though it.

The only thing when uninstalling and reinstalling the app, is to put back which packs to disable. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

I’m playing other games for a bit because I’m needing some escapism.

I will post the error reports I get this week.

Online connection seems to be standard on newer games. Older games take work to get on newer computers.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm always getting signed out of the EA app now when I restart my computer? Even when I have "keep me signed in" checked?

Every time. A good thing I can remember my password still!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,920 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Same. And same.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I had to go searching for my password the first time it happened to me. 😄
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I have spent hours troubleshooting this darn app. Hours I wanted to just play my Sims 3 in peace. Offline. On my pc. Where the game is installed from discs.

Instead of peaceful gaming the app doesn´t work. Or the Sims 3 isn´t installed. Random bits of store content are missing.
    Not to mention that I have to go online to tell the app to go offline, and then have it whining about it being unable to reach its servers and throwing fits of error messages.

Of course the Sims 4 doesn´t start offline either, and it seems to be even more buggy than it was before. At least all my packs are there. I guess.

I am honestly beyond annoyed. I will never buy anything EA related ever again.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Just an update.
    I played for an hour today with no random popups, or anything untoward happening.
    Fingers crossed there have been some fixes in the last update.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    Anyone have any idea why my Sims4 game won't launch today?
  • Options
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why my Sims4 game won't launch today?

Are you getting any error messages?
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I have had that alot last week. And also i learned about clearing the cache in the app recovery not sure if anyone mentionned this in here.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member

I've been having this since I downloaded the sims 4 for free
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    @EA_Cade Is it already known when Create a World Tool for Sims 3 could work again with EA app? It's been over two months since you mentioned about works on it. Does any team still works on it, or works have been abandoned?
  • Options

Funnily enough, I've been in the habit of bringing up the app and not playing straight away, since all the dramas began. Maybe it's when the apps been open for a few hours it happens, as the last time when it didn't pop up, I played immediately.

What's the debris you mentioned? @Oldeseadogge

All the pop-ups, messages, and assorted junk that need to be clicked away before one can get down to business.
  • Options

Evey time I try to play. It's almost a ritual.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    @ncisGibbs02, @February11 the next time this happens, could you run an EA Error Report and post the Report ID here?

I'd like to get these over to the EA app team for looking into.

@EA_Cade I ran the report thing-o yesterday, and can't seem to find where the answer went. I logged into the EA site, but it didn't seem to register my repot number, and I didn't write it down as I assumed it would automatically register it.
    But, I have noticed it only happens if I leave the App open for a period of time. I played yesterday for an hour without that pop up, popping up. But when I closed the App, it only minimized it in the background, and it was about 2 hours later the sign popped up so I logged back in and ran the error report.
    Have there been any answers/explanations to this at all yet?
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2023
    @ncisGibbs02, @February11 the next time this happens, could you run an EA Error Report and post the Report ID here?

I ran the report thing-o yesterday, and can't seem to find where the answer went. I logged into the EA site, but it didn't seem to register my repot number, and I didn't write it down as I assumed it would automatically register it.
    But, I have noticed it only happens if I leave the App open for a period of time. I played yesterday for an hour without that pop up, popping up. But when I closed the App, it only minimized it in the background, and it was about 2 hours later the sign popped up so I logged back in and ran the error report.

Same thing I don’t know where the answer went.

At the moment I can’t open any Sims games as I can’t get online via the app. I always need to go online to get offline. I always get the error message if I try offline first. Usually going online sorts it.

Since last Monday, I get the unresolvable error message each time I try and load the app. (I think someone has posted a picture of the unresolvable error message on here?)
    App recovery and the old ‘uninstall and reinstall’ don’t work anymore.

Is the app not connecting to the servers? Is it a routing issue (a bit like the Sims they get stuck?) so the ‘connectors’ aren’t finding the links. (I’m not technical so please excuse me if I don’t understand things.)

Hopefully the app gets fixed 🙏🥺. I can’t even get in Sims 3 as it’s tied to connecting to the app.

*When using Origin I could play Sims 3 no issue, just not log in via the game and not be able to download stuff from the store if the connection wasn’t working.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options

I ran the report thing-o yesterday, and can't seem to find where the answer went. I logged into the EA site, but it didn't seem to register my repot number, and I didn't write it down as I assumed it would automatically register it.

Same thing I don’t know where the answer went.

At the moment I can’t open any Sims games as I can’t get online via the app. I always need to go online to get offline. I always get the error message if I try offline first. Usually going online sorts it.

Since last Monday, I get the unresolvable error message each time I try and load the app. (I think someone has posted a picture of the unresolvable error message on here?)
    App recovery and the old ‘uninstall and reinstall’ don’t work anymore.

Is the app not connecting to the servers? Is it a routing issue (a bit like the Sims they get stuck?) so the ‘connectors’ aren’t finding the links. (I’m not technical so please excuse me if I don’t understand things.)

Hopefully the app gets fixed 🙏🥺. I can’t even get in Sims 3 as it’s tied to connecting to the app.

*When using Origin I could play Sims 3 no issue, just not log in via the game and not be able to download stuff from the store if the connection wasn’t working.

Does your library not come back after a restart?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Another update. I played for about an hour and half today - offline. No popups. Afterwards I exited App, and not just minimized it. No later pop up.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself :o
    MLgj4Vx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top