Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant a sim (completed)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Since the no skills no problem scenario was so much fun, I thought I would give the plant a sim one a go too :)
lkSCdNN.jpg

Jolene Hansen will be doing this scenario
xKHdXeG.png

She lives in Sulani, since both water and sun is in abundance there right through all seasons ;)
I moved her into the volcanic active area in the Caldera camp lot.
F6mqGuk.png

These are our goals, she also got 5 forbidden fruits in her inventory, I take it its because we might have to top up if we can't finish in time. Not exactly sure what to expect, will see as we go on ;)
agEXxou.jpg

I would appreciate any tips or advice as I have not really intensely played plantsims before in sims 4 :)
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    And so it starts ;)

Yd7k7n9.png

AOAYTiz.png

Who needs a kitchen now :D
    D8wI71u.png

Some plant friends is what she needs more :)
    hAFPTou.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,542 Member
    Good luck. I partially did this scenario but got bored and ditched it.

My plant sim lived in Henford.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    If you haven't already done so, plant one of the five starting fruit for an endless supply of forbidden fruit.

Good luck to Jolene and you!
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I'm excited for another @mcrudd playthrough!!
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Looking forward to reading this one. I would love to try this one myself but I have that plant bug
    Good luck. I partially did this scenario but got bored and ditched it.

My plant sim lived in Henford.

Aww I hope I can last to the end, I do tend to be a serial restarter :D
    If you haven't already done so, plant one of the five starting fruit for an endless supply of forbidden fruit.

Good luck to Jolene and you!

Oooh aweSim idea, I will do that as soon as I load my game. How did I not think of that LOL
    I'm excited for another @mcrudd playthrough!!

Hehehe thanks for the support <3
    pacer1965 wrote: »
    Looking forward to reading this one. I would love to try this one myself but I have that plant bug

I have the plant bug too, that is why Jolene won't be travelling . I will make sure to harvest plants as the clock hits 5am and all my plants will be sheltered growing in pots. We will see how it goes, hopefully that will keep the bug at bay. I also don't have any lot traits about good soil or gardening in any way.
    Sulani is definitely the perfect place for a plantsim, into the ocean to take care of some water needs :)
    Kx9LL70.png

Feeding of her plants when there was no sun available
    imBab0k.png

No tv, so I got her a gaming table to keep fun up ;)
    TAlChEs.png

Mmm so strange that she jogs to get sun and work on her fitness skill at the same time
    F4NA4iy.png

I have completed most of the goals yesterday, forgot to print screen it, this was last night's gameplay. I am going to load my game now to play again, gonna plant a forbidden seed too :)
    Jolene has achieved most of her goals now :) I am a little worried about the perfect plant, but we will see how it goes.
    oLQZsA4.png

Showering and getting water needs up at the same time :)
    pRcPQBd.png

COCHbBW.png

Cleaning up Sulani <3
    rX6h4Lm.png

Feeding on the last bit of sunlight before the sun goes down
    0cdHqdg.png

Jolene has her indoor plants, but she also harvested some taro and kava roots on her walk and planted them outside her house ;)
    IJFFOFi.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @mcrudd I love plantsims!!!
    I was wishing to be a plantsim today as I enjoyed the spring sunshine and worked in my garden :) You must be in autumn right now, hope you are getting some sunny crisp autumn days.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2023
    This seems fun and like it's focused enough that it won't take too long. (You always have great ideas @mcrudd and it's fun to play challenges with you! Loving Jolene and her journey so far)

Meet Camilla. She loves plants and everything green.
    dsvhHbJ.png

So she'll love being a plant sim :)
    UGs4T0N.png

gYqxXdM.png
    vm1MMJY.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited May 2023
    @mcrudd I love plantsims!!!
    I was wishing to be a plantsim today as I enjoyed the spring sunshine and worked in my garden :) You must be in autumn right now, hope you are getting some sunny crisp autumn days.

I wish I could say it was sunny and crisp, its soggy and flooded. We are experiencing our second deluge this year. :o But keeping dry and warm inside playing sims, so there is a bonus to the horrible weather :)

@permanentrose love Camilla <3 She is beautiful and can't wait to see your adventures. I think the perfect plant will take us the longest ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    Loaded my game now, not even five minutes in and chaos :o
    Jolene had an eruption in her yard. Its ok, was not too bad, but then she became to curious for her own good, investigating a super hot rock.
    6zmPcxG.png

Thankfully for her living in Sulani someone is always near and Mila came and extinguished her.
    oBNh6SD.png

Yeah Jolene you were on fire, what were you thinking
    ZYIY4BA.png

Mila and her are surely going to become good friends now ;)
    VLW9d8y.png

Only two days of being a plantsim, she will eat another fruit closer to the time of it running out. Gotta keep her alive is my biggest challenge LOL, silly sim :|
    oKtv80o.png

This was just a quick chaos update, more to come later. Getting some gaming time since hubby is working night shift tonight ;)
    Jolene had to eat her second forbidden fruit, she also harvested her first one, so no worries about running out. Jolene also gained a new lifestyle, she is an outdoorsy sim. She finished her puzzle and hung it up in the house since it is sea related. She is still cleaning up Sulani in the water and on land, she made a smiley face because she is so happy right now. Caring for her plants are so much easier now that she has the weedsucker LOL

2ZZIfQO.png

SpBdJrP.png

TMFnNHK.png

zx4oPQj.png

RegSaR0.png

SMlEGLR.png
    Ooh, I didn't realize that you could frame completed puzzles, that's a feature I haven't explored yet. Sulani is great for Jolene since there's so much to do while she waits for her perfect plant! I'm glad Mila Munch came to the rescue - great screenshots!

---
    I chose Tartosa and the beaches are great for filling Camilla's water need.
    Zm6LlJu.png

And she woke up to a sunny day, yay!
    YI7ZZQ9.png

Fishing to hopefully get some fertilizer for her plants to help evolve them more quickly.
    SnHRvID.jpg

ZmLGHuP.png
    PkVcw0I.png

This gives a whole new twist to "vegetarian vampire." :D
    EcaRv2F.png

Pushing through her exhaustion to tend her garden.
    iWlRXBB.png
    edited May 2023
    Photosynthesize!
    r8XLKLc.png

This fishing spot has some really great catches.
    r0R14G5.jpg

Planting a few of Camille's good catches but the rest I'll use as fertilizer.
    cmtocvg.png

Not again!!!
    aFZXs67.png

uCUEhvs.png

More fishing.
    AcZ5yeT.jpg

She fished up a vampire lore book. Perhaps this can help limit her attacks... :D
    9iMEpYV.png

She'll nap here for a bit though instead of risking a night at home haha.
    u9ZDeuh.png

I swear she's a vampire magnet though, this one was lurking nearby haha.
    rDXvE6I.jpg

dJd7f07.png
    edited May 2023
    This mod to make vampires break in works way too well LOL. I never play just a one person household and I usually have a pet so it's rare to have my sims sleeping at once, but poor Camilla is getting hit hard lol
    5qXPa4V.jpg

Just waiting for one of her plants to reach "perfect" and then I'll be done. She'll just have some fun in the meantime. It was Love Day so Camilla had a little romance :) (His butt cracked me up LOL)
    WG3pm7g.jpg
    T5iuf9B.jpg
    Z7b5wJQ.png
    cOaSWYr.png
    6yavc6Z.jpg
    @permanentrose yeah I saw the option to frame it once it was completed on the table, how cool is that :) Tartosa is a beautiful world, I was a bit concerned with money that is why I went to Sulani since she can find treasures and shells to sell, but I never realized how much the plants actually make LOL. Camilla is a beautiful sim <3 Oh my the vampires really love her plantblood. Mmm using fish for fertilizer is very clever, I am using the actual harvests at the moment, but I am thinking of purchasing my growfruits from the gallery and using them, growfruit is an excellent fertilizer. Love the aurora lights (is that what its called?) it is a beautiful screenie. I love that Camilla has time for romance, how sweet is that. mmmm his butt is a bit perky, he definitely skipped leg day and did butt exercises at gym :D I loved all your updates, I am going to load my game now, just running my spyware quickly to make sure my laptop is safe, had some dodgy pop ups come up when I was searching what to do with chicken breast cause I was tired of making risotto. Hopefully update soon ;)
    So I made a booboo and tried using my perfect growfruits for fertilizer, had to exit without saving because they are perfect so it ends the scenario :D So I am going with what I have been doing so far and just using the harvests from the plants. Jolene has completed all the tasks except for the perfect harvest, so I will only update when my plants evolve from now on. Otherwise it will just be same old same old everytime ;) So this is my last update until the next evolve.

PHwb1I5.png

Plants are nice now <3
    cRb5JFS.png
    fjFWyiH.png

Playing don't wake the llama
    iG5uNr9.png
    9UcNwim.png

Nope a puzzle will be better
    HK1YuMq.png

and of course tending to her plants :)
    SQBZMD3.png
    9cLJdQ5.png
    @mcrudd nice update, too bad about the growfruit, I guess we'll have to get a perfect plan the good old fashioned way haha. It looks like Jolene really has a penchant for puzzles. I started doing the freelance botanist aspiration and the gardening career for Camilla just to have something else for her to do. I think the aspiration reward and the plantsim scenario reward are the same though haha.

--

She had to gift a harvestable for her gardener career so she gave a holly plant to her new beau. (I forget his name :D)
    k4kUTEg.jpg

Meet Petunia
    eqr3OWZ.jpg
    tNS12pp.jpg

She harvested her garlic plants and made a wreath in attempt to ward off her unwanted visitors.
    09hNp1a.png

But it didn't work :( Maybe I should put it in the bedroom... (I am enjoying the vampire break ins as a little quirky bit of gameplay for this challenge though haha)
    V8dXBzj.png
    JNCZkz1.png

Camilla has several plants that are excellent quality and one that is magnificent quality so it shouldn't be too long until she gets a perfect plant.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I have a plantsim family. I made their skin green & hair green, I was even able to find green streaks for their little spud daughter in CAS. The reason I did this because the forbidden fruit can only turn a sim into a plantsim temporary, that way they are always green even when they turn back.
    They are saved to the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if any plant simmer is interested & please let me know if you like them. I will be making their Green Greenhouse home very soon. ;)
    @permanentrose I think I will have to make some normal quality growfruits in a room available for the future, they are a very good fertilizer. I am also doing a plant related aspiration, can't remember the name right now, but I think it is the same as yours. I think Jolene will be cleaning up Sulani as her extra thing to do and perhaps look for a handsome future husband LOL, will see how I feel and who I see hahahaha. We can call Camilla's beau Mr Buns LOL. I was just about to type welcome Petunia and then I saw she spat your sim out, so now it is Naughty Petunia instead. I think Camilla needs garlic wreath inside each room and on her outside walls, the vampires are spreading the news about her cool new vegetarian blood type ;) An AweSim update as usual, can't wait to see what happens next <3

@SERVERFRA I will have a look at your family when I am next in the game, oooh a Green geenhouse home sounds super duper AweSim too <3
    Jolene did very well today, I played longer than usual before updating, but that is because I did not want to post the same things over and over ;)

As you all know Jolene is cleaning up the island and it is starting to show <3
    gYDmFig.png

Jolene also gained a second lifestyle, she is energetic. I guess she got it from all the swimming and cleaning of the island :)
    DpWITaW.png

She also completed another beach themed puzzle for her house ;)
    N2IpsZ0.png

LlkzZZI.png

Jolene is fishing a lot to try and catch a cowplant berry. None in Sulani so I did travel to Oasis park to try there, and came back before 5am...
    ZT2A6O3.png

BUT I got the dreaded plant bug. I got some excellent plants now, but after fertilizing they went to the just planted stage again :(
    IavDK0t.png

I might leave the cowberry until she has completed the scenario and then complete the aspiration ;)
    Also this was a first for me, so cute :)
    1McUCuB.png
    @mcrudd I love Jolene's beach themed puzzles! I've never actually played the island clean up all the way through, that sounds like a fun idea to tackle at some point. A lot of my plants went to the just planted stage again too, SO AGGRAVATING. Aw, I didn't know they could find frogs in their garden, so cute. She should keep the frog and put the tank in her house :)

--

Fishing, fishing, fishing...
    uz61i06.jpg

I know it's rather fast, but there's nothing like expedited sims love LOL. Mr. Buns officially popped the question.
    pe7y2eI.jpg

If only it came in green... :D
    KipJ6hO.jpg

I thought it would be cool to try out the puzzle option.
    iAUwb8a.png

And then she got this call.
    UDgBL2y.png

We can manage that lol.
    QhzUxju.png

K5rAHmB.png

Also putting the garlic by her bed worked!
    ZaBAb6C.png

Lydia stormed off in a huff. No more exotic vegetarian blood for you
    3ZVNPpD.png

@permanentrose love how Camilla is showing off her fish she caught :) Hahaha Mr buns, had to giggle when I saw you use that name LOL. The proposal is cute though, Camilla is such a pretty sim <3 Puzzles are lots of fun, oooh she did such a nice one. Hahaha well you gonna get some money to get married, I usually pic the middle one, no conditions and I get the moolah ;) Wooop the garlic worked and Camilla got a good sleep....finally :) Super cool update. Hubby left for night shift so I am gonna load my game again.
    Jolene did it, the island is at its peak and stunningly beautiful <3
    lX8maIU.png

Introducing Froggy :) ... and a new lifestyle
    HgcEFPy.png

Jolene completed another puzzle, its not beach themed but does have a whale ;)
    Rr4sExU.png

Introducing Greenie, a friend for Froggy :)
    GH3xu6N.png

Plants are magnificent now
    bBUVIqO.png

Happy birthday <3
    2YOLKis.png