Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 human only packs?

chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
Which of sims 3 packs contain only humans and not occult like vampires/werewolves/aliens/mummies etc?
I am thinking of buying only those.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2023
    None of them at all if you're considering plumbots and simbots occults too.

Really the only expansion where occults in that regard are in your face is supernatural and only the world it comes with for obvious reasons, along Into the Future because it turns out the future has robots.

You can more than easily ignore the rare mummy in a crypt or one of the 7 or so vampires in Bridgeport.

Imaginary friends might be annoying, but if that alone makes you skip Generations you'll be having a very bad family gameplay time. Same with seasons too much gameplay for some pea people to make you lose out on.

You get WA you get mummies.
    You get Ambitions you get Simbots.
    You get Late Night you get vampires
    You get Generations you get Imaginary Friends.
    You get Seasons you get... Aliens euh
    You get Showtime you get genies.
    You get Supernaturual you get werewolves, faeries and witches
    You get Island Paradise you get mermaids
    Into the Future? More robots.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    If you're talking about getting EPs in which occults don't spawn in Story Progression and move in as townies, then:

World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Showtime
    University
    Pets
    Seasons

Late Night comes with Vampires, but those can be turned off in Story Progression. Occults can be turned off in Supernatural, but I don't know to what extent, as I haven't played it long enough.
    EiFlric.png
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I don't like the supernaturals/occults so I have turned them off. I have all the EPs. I occasionally see a mermaid from Island Paradise, but it's easy to remove the occult status with the NRaas MasterController mod when that happens.

Quoting Igazor: "NRaas MasterController (Cheats add-on module required) can remove an occult status by command on existing sims. The relevant command on City Hall would be NRaas > MasterController > Sim > Intermediate > Remove Occult. Or click directly on the target sim and jump to Intermediate > Remove Occult."

So you don't have to miss out on fun expansions just because you don't like a small part of them. But maybe you should skip the Supernatural EP. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If you have Supernatural, when you send sims to university, several of the pre-made sims are supernaturals, who are normal humans if you don't have LN. If you are willing to use mods, there are ways to prevent any kind of supernatural beings being spawned anywhere, but in Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls, residents were created as supernaturals, and to avoid them, you'd need to avoid those worlds, or else change them into normal humans with mods, which is what I do.

@Sorak4 There is one kind of supernatural being you forgot about, though I guess you might not consider them in the same category. I do consider gnomes to be supernatural beings, because they spawn and change locations and positions instantaneously (supposedly magically), without ever visibly moving any part of their bodies. Those are even in the base game.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    If you have Supernatural, when you send sims to university, several of the pre-made sims are supernaturals, who are normal humans if you don't have LN. If you are willing to use mods, there are ways to prevent any kind of supernatural beings being spawned anywhere, but in Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls, residents were created as supernaturals, and to avoid them, you'd need to avoid those worlds, or else change them into normal humans with mods, which is what I do.

With Late Night and Island Paradise, players can just evict vampires and mermaids, get them cured or let them become humans naturally. IMO, it's really not necessary to go through this extra hassle of mods and avoiding worlds so as not to deal with them.
    EiFlric.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @ts1depot It's a matter of preference. I prefer to keep every pre-made sim and take away their occult form. I tend to make changes to pretty much any world I play in anyway, so I make a starter saves for each world I play in. So it's once and done, rather than going through the same thing every time I want to play in that world.