Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @MadameLee good luck with this! I’m currently on Gen 3 of 7 of my Moonchild reboot which is I think about 40 posts in, it’s a lot of fun but I’d advise lots of snacks :joy:

and i'm doing it *while* writing a blog post about a topic close to my heart about disabilities+life-sim genre
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2023
    @CathyTea to answer your question from my Blogpost you read today and commented on - I don't know what to think about the Life By You because I'm kind of worried about the repeitve of some careers we can follow our "humans" to work in. Because people got tired pretty quicky of all 3 careers (before they became buggy)-in Sims 4: Go to Work. But on the other hand I could potentially create some stories I can't create really in Sims 4.

If it wasn't for the fact I didn't want to get into too much either disability jargon (outside of the one mention of "Curb-cut" effect) or into literature tropes-I would have mentioned "medical vs. social model of disabilty" or mention the other catergory of disabled characters who aren't temporary disabled.

I might write new blog posts about medical vs. social models of disability and also of Disabled characters tropes.

for anyone else who might want to see this blog post it's here: https://celoptra.wordpress.com/2023/04/13/why-i-think-disabilities-should-be-included-in-the-life-sim-genre/
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,874 Member
    Chapter Seventeen: Fear is up :blush:

Aurora battles with her emotions as it becomes clear she can no longer avoid Gunther's last words.

screenshot-316.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Been a crazy week, and I keep stopping to build instead of play, but I finally got another chapter of Box of Chocolates finished and up. 2.46 The Meaning of Family.
    image.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2023
    A good way to describe my real life at the moment is "everything, everywhere all at once". However, I have managed to squeeze out a chapter of Sim 66 amidst all the chaos. Joanna gets to grips with student life...both academically and socially in chapter 192: College Girl.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/04/chapter-192-college-girl.html

GfKDXB6.png

thats not sims thats life. sorry friend . lol that describes my life rght now. everything everwhere all at once this last week i had 2 therapy sessionsions back to back.
    Chapter Eighteen: Gunther’s Farewell is up :blush:

Aurora finally opens her letter from Gunther which explains much more than she anticipated. Her children’s fates are outlined beyond her expectations and the future of Sunset Valley is placed firmly in their hands.

This is definitely the chapter that I worked the hardest on and am most proud of. From flashbacks of Victor, Samuel and Gretle Goth to present day revelations about the future of the Evergreen legacy, this one paves the way for the end of Gen 1 and start of Gen 2 🌲

k0eyi99chl55.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    Wyrd Girls from @luciusstorm is another favorite. He does a wonderful occult based story, with some familiar faces. Like Fier Legacy they aren’t novel length but they are fantastic fun.

Late response, but thank you @DaniRose2143 for the call out. FYI, the latest chapters of Wyrd Girls aren't available on the forums, since they deal with more mature topics and language. So, out of an abundance of caution and respect for the forum rules, I don't post links for reasons DaniRose mentions. If anyone is interested, feel free to reach out via DM and I'll point you in the right direction.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    i'm back.i haven't wrote anything for a while. its harder now cause mom seems to just pop up. so i don't really know when i'll be here.
    This was a hard one to write, but it had to be done, as per this week's goals. Trigger warning: Death.
    2.47 Dusk
    image.png
    I can't believe there's only one more week of generation 1! In 10 days it will be my birthday and the first chapter of generation 2 <3

Chapter Nineteen: Aftermath is up :blush:

Aurora addresses the fallout of Gunther's revelations and realises that she can no longer continue without making a plan for the future. From confronting her mother's deception to realising baby number three is on the way, Aurora draws a line under her past and names her heir.

screenshot-345.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Long chapter, and sad, too. 2.48 Bereavement.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »
    This was a hard one to write, but it had to be done, as per this week's goals. Trigger warning: Death.
    2.47 Dusk

i didn't kill her but when elsa aydens wife died sissy yelled at me. cathytea just in case you didnt know.
    I want to find the poses in this picture but I don't remember what's its called:

EUfUv59.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    Chapter Twenty Part I: A Great Family is up :blush:

Generation one comes to an end in two parts. First, Aurora welcomes her third child into the world, Blair starts high school and an old friend calls in a favour.

cerq181nmve9.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Advice- for this "Remember Me" song chapter should I ljust end up on the bad note letter picture, or should I include some pictures of HAM reading the same letter and being there for Jane?
    6adMCGP.gif
    Family comes to help pass the time before the funeral in 2.49 Condolences.
    image.png
    Generation One is finished with its final chapter: Chapter Twenty Part II: Changing of the Guard

In the final installment of the first generation of the Evergreen Legacy, Aurora sees her children blossom and her husband reach his golden years. Is Blair ready to take on the role as caretaker of the Valley?

screenshot-198.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited April 2023
    A small announcement on my blog (I won't risk the mods' wrath by posting a link or title of the work.)

Hello everyone :-)

I’d like to apologize for the silence- I took a break from Sims/blogging in general and lost myself in other games.

After a lot of reminiscing and thinking, I have decided to re-post my old story, (redacted.) The first five chapters are uploaded. This is not in any way a reboot, rework/remaster, or continuation of the story. It is simply a re-posting.

On April 2 (US Eastern,) I will upload another 1-2 chapters and then a chapter every three days afterward.

Also a small question for WordPress bloggers: I'm looking for a free blog theme similar to the retired P2 theme. Any suggestions, please and thank you :-)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Only my 2nd post of the month but a big reason why is that it's a long chapter. Travis builds up the courage to pop the question to Summer, Summer is worried about whether Travis is going off her and a surprise visit by some distant relatives throws further chaos into the mix. Chapter 193: Pop The Question[/b

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/04/chapter-193-pop-question.html

wUmBdrP.png
    Wrapping up this round of Box of Chocolates on a bittersweet note. 2.50 Funeral
    image.png
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2023
    Aurora thinks she ready to start dating again, find out if she's right.
    A new chapter of my Disney Generation Legacy is up for you guys to enjoy :blush:

Aurora Blanc: Part 19

XhQ2ZUW.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    If I was to make a new Swanson Thread (the old one the last update was 2019) and transfer the 113 banners I have already + the new one, I just finished.. what are some dicussions points I could potentially put on the thread?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2023
    new chapter
    Ha8J36S.jpg

Its going to take me several days to transver 114 posts to a new Swanson Legacy thread. But here's some dicussion points for the 113 posts prior to Remember Me

Discussion questions
    What's the saddest part of the story for you?
    Which of the love interest is your favourite love interest?
    Did you notice a little trick i do in regards to love interest?

and here's the new thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008354/swanson-legacy-discussion-thread-updated-04-30/p1?new=1

could someone please post in my forum so I can continue to post the banners?
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm making a new animated banner but I just need two more banners (Gen 6 and Gen 7) but I don't know what pictures to use? I have some ideas for Gen 7 but I need ideas for Gen 6?
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top