Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No skills, No problem (completed)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
4w6nHxr.png

I am going to try the no skill, no problem scenario. I have made some rules for myself to make this more challenging. I am not allowed to travel outside the world I live in, I am only allowed to travel in my own world while on foot, no loading screens allowed. I do have one condition where I will be allowed to travel and that is to my job and back home. Since I start with 0 simoleons and will never ever build skill I decided to be a scientist as a job (as far as I remember no skills are required just the eureka's) I also decided to live in Sulani so I can search for beach shells and find treasures to sell. I will update this thread now and then to let you know of my progress. I wonder how long it will take?

This is Caitlin :)
huYX4Dj.png

She is living in Sulani in the Lagoon look house (the game reset my money to 0 after the purchase of the fully furnished house ;) )
Z7XD2Hi.png

Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2023
    Caitlin did pretty well, I am impressed with how she did considering the rules I made to make this more challenging :)

CxBSt04.png

At the end of week 1 (Sunday to Sunday) she has 4272 simoleons. It could have been more had she (acutally me :D ) not have the little transform mishap. But will tell you about that soon ;)

So the week started with joining the scientist career, Caitlin did well and had two promotions.

RSMUBmX.png

pmMmWtr.png

She did however have to be a little mean at work to get the promotions, she froze anyone using equipment she needed to use for her job performance meter LOL

j4qY25W.png

Now the transforming error she did (I did). Caitlin has a starter house with a low quality bed, so after she upgraded the simray to transform I thought she could transform her bed to a better quality one, I mean at work she transformed several chairs into other chairs. But she transformed her bed into a flaming toilet trophy :D It was not worth much so I had to sell it to get her a new bed and never transform a bed again ;)

yCUikv7.png

Have any of you guys seen this in game before, it must be something I have not played yet, because I have never seen it LOL
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited April 2023
    @mcrudd That is amazing

edit: Looks like it's an award for one of the parties in Get Famous
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16852472/#Comment_16852472
    Hahaha that is so funny to get a flaming toilet trophy, must try that out in another game sometime LOL. Thanks @mightysprite :)
    Caitlin reached the end of week 2. She has 13 505 simoleons. She had two promotions at work and found a very rare treasure while beach combing for shells. She also got abducted by aliens after work and during the abduction three of her work colleagues passed on due to old age :( What a week, lets hope next week will be better ....

YhW7hm0.png

hLG6yDE.png

b4U3uow.png

jBcIzkQ.png

6YPnED9.png

1yfKsmG.png
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Caitlin is having quite the adventure. The mishap with the bed was hilarious to read but probably wasn't so amusing for your sim. I can't wait to see future updates.
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    Caitlin is having quite the adventure. The mishap with the bed was hilarious to read but probably wasn't so amusing for your sim. I can't wait to see future updates.

Hahaha yeah its funny now that she has a bit of money spare, but quite the shock in the beginning having a flaming toilet trophy instead of a bed :D I will try and update often, the last few days has been hectic real life, but I am loading my game now to play a bit ;)
    mk4bAeT.png

Caitlin reached the end of week 3. She got two promotions, I nearly forgot to screencap the last one, thankfully they are in the news pop up in the right corner as well ;) Caitlin has 20 436 simoleons, she could have had more, but I decided to keep the decontamination pod she got with a promotion and sold the low quality bath instead :) She got abducted by aliens again, this time she was with friends at a bonfire when it happened, she did however enjoy the experience and came back very inspired :p . Caitlin now have two lifestyles she is a health food nut (cause I only let her make garden salad and fruit salad due to no cooking skills) and she has the single and loving it lifestyle too :) Her birthday is coming this Saturday then she will be an adult, she had a fear of dying, but spoke to some of the elders and is feeling much better now.

cRw8X5R.png

4Z8yTBm.png

wfrZ09y.png

9N5FWpG.png

86QHUJp.png

byR4JqL.png
    I got to play a little more ;)

9hCeSkN.png

Caitlin has now come to the end of week 4. She has a wopping 63 058 Simoleons. Caitlin also achieved so much this week. She has the great reputation for always being kind and friendly. Also did you guys know you get your Eureka's while fishing, I did not know that. Caitlin had one promotion this week, looks like it is getting a bit harder to do. She also figured out that cloning and selling expensive serums is a good way to make money ;) She had her birthday and is now an adult. I took a chance and let her bake a cake, she did not like it though being the health nut she is LOL, otherwise she had a super lovely day, but might have stayed in the sun a little too long :D

EfKtwux.png

SAtxtbr.png

bcCu1Jh.png

valJfpN.png

GGPltnD.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    @mccrudd Thank you for my Morning Chuckle. I just read your first installment. That failed bed transformation got me going. What a hoot!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    That flaming trophy really was great. The aliens must really like your sim.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I really enjoyed your update. The Scientist career has always been my favourite. If I play with a male sim though I end up by fathering a lot of colourful babies!!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    edited April 2023
    Congratulations on being picked for Friday Highlights @mcrudd B)<3! Great idea B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    love this! thank you for sharing :smile: i've never played any of the scenarios before and this one looks like fun.
    @mccrudd Thank you for my Morning Chuckle. I just read your first installment. That failed bed transformation got me going. What a hoot!

Hahaha thanks @GalacticGal I don't think I will every live that one down :D It will haunt me for many more sim years hahahaha
    That flaming trophy really was great. The aliens must really like your sim.

LOL thanks @RamblineRose that was an interesting transformation I was not expecting :D I think they like her because she is a scientist ;)
    I really enjoyed your update. The Scientist career has always been my favourite. If I play with a male sim though I end up by fathering a lot of colourful babies!!

Oh my gosh @kerryemmiebeth I can just imagine how many little alien babies he birthed. Thankfully the ladies don't get pregnant. Did you keep them all, or sent some home to their alien parent?
    Congratulations on being picked for Friday Highlights @mcrudd B)<3! Great idea B)<3!

Thanks so much @coolsim9999999 you are always so supportive both here and on my gallery <3 Happy simming :)
    honeywitch wrote: »
    love this! thank you for sharing :smile: i've never played any of the scenarios before and this one looks like fun.

Its a pleasure, I usually try either a challenge or scenario when I hit a block in the road where sims starts boring me. This scenario is very challenging, not gaining skills is pretty fun, completely changes your gameplay ;)

Thanks all for your lovely replies, I had a super busy day today, we had my husband's company fun family golf day, got home and saw all your lovely comments. I will be playing tomorrow and updating you on what Caitlin does next ;) Happy simming all <3

Oh my gosh @kerryemmiebeth I can just imagine how many little alien babies he birthed. Thankfully the ladies don't get pregnant. Did you keep them all, or sent some home to their alien parent?

I have never sent an alien baby back yet! If you look at the Plum Tree family tree using the link in my signiture you will see them all. My founder was the scientist but because I had the sattelite dish on the lot some of the non-blood related males living in the household over the generations also fathered alien babies!
    @kerryemmiebeth I tried to click on your two family tree links but it did not work for me. I would love to see your little colour full E.T nooboos, perhaps you can share a print screen of your tree :)

@all I am busy loading my game now :)
    edited April 2023
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @kerryemmiebeth I tried to click on your two family tree links but it did not work for me. I would love to see your little colour full E.T nooboos, perhaps you can share a print screen of your tree :)

@mcrudd Strange the links were broken when they have worked for so long. I blame my cats for constantly stepping on my laptop. What is it with cats and laptop keyboards???!!! The links should be working now. It is the first one you want: The Emery Legacy. :)

@mcrudd Strange the links were broken when they have worked for so long. I blame my cats for constantly stepping on my laptop. What is it with cats and laptop keyboards???!!! The links should be working now. It is the first one you want: The Emery Legacy. :)

Nope. Try this one. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't think I can screen shot it because it is so big.
    edited April 2023

Nope. Try this one. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't think I can screen shot it because it is so big.

@mcrudd Working now! I removed the second tree. There isn't much on the second one anyway. The Emery Legacy is my main save. You will be glad to see that good ol' Vlad makes an appearance in the tree although I have not rotated back to his family yet to see what his family will look like.
    @kerryemmiebeth that is so cool, It looks like the pollination technician 3 was popular in your abductions LOL
    3VchaTT.png

Caitlin has reached the end of week 5. She had one promotion and have 111 318 Simoleons :) She has noticed that when she beach combs for trash she is actually cleaning up her community as well, so Mua Pelam has actually gotten cleaner and prettier <3 Caitlin also waits until she has completed all of her work tasks and then clones a rare treasure she found, it helps her make lots of money LOL. She had one day at work where she had to work on collections, so that day was long and no time for cloning. Caitlin has a third lifestyle , its being a people person. Not one I as her watcher is to fond of. Her social needs plummets pretty quick during the day making it hard to do work tasks and socialize. Aliens abducted her again, but she actually likes it, so I am not too bothered ;)

t7lmAug.png

p1nNKiQ.png

DKDT3nL.png

0j3nxbL.png

po9RQMQ.png
    Glad to see Caitlin is continuing to progress up the Scientist career. Those pesky aliens don't want to leave her alone though do they?!

The interesting thing with the abductions in my family tree is that even though all the "mothers" are listed as Pollination Technician 3, the sims with that parent are not related. Obviously Pollination Technician 3 is a very common name on Sixam!!
    Glad to see Caitlin is continuing to progress up the Scientist career. Those pesky aliens don't want to leave her alone though do they?!

The interesting thing with the abductions in my family tree is that even though all the "mothers" are listed as Pollination Technician 3, the sims with that parent are not related. Obviously Pollination Technician 3 is a very common name on Sixam!!

Yeah they really love her, or she them? We will never truly know LOL
    I did notice that, must be a whole lot of aliens with the same name at Sixam, Caitlin should go check for you ;)
    1uUQCl4.png

Caitlin has reached the end of week 6, it is a very stormy day, so her photo is indoors. She has 162 403 simoleons :) This week was very interesting week. No abductions but there was one day where her work was infiltrated by aliens :o She called them all out and froze them with the freezer ray and even got a promotion that day ;) As you all know when Caitlin finishes all her work related tasks for the day then she looks for the most expensive item in her inventory and clone it, little did I know that she gains fame every time. Now she is a rising star and all her co workers adore her LOL. Go Caitlin :D

m8rhu4E.png

GhdBb9p.png

uRql5GG.png

EgbfFXL.png

aFfz3L3.png

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Love your story, @mcrudd! You have inspired me to try this scenario! I haven't tried any yet but this one really looks interesting and challenging. I will have to look up the rules and check it out. I love the Scientist career too. It helps a lot with leveling up archeology. I know won't be able to use archeology though in the scenario as it is a skill.