Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life stage : what do you want the most ?

Life stage : what do you want the most ? 42 votes

Pre-school / Play age (Between Toddler and Child)
0%
Preteen (Between Child and Teen)
52%
crocobauraGoodywoodMsMayAnmirlaMizzila1297ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtBriana2425GrumpyGlowfishAtreya33OceancatSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaPatriceAzukiMochiMak27DorjidrukMeigskipRapidRabidRabbit 22 votes
Old Elder (After Elder)
2%
Thornwillow 1 vote
More gameplay for Child
23%
LeGardePourpreMichelleWMariefoxprice83friendlysimmersCarmineBabykittyjadeWildIrishBansheetelemwillKatofhyrule12Eleri 10 votes
More gameplay for Teen
0%
More gameplay for Elder
21%
luthienrisingSimplyJenLenny_OggFreezerBunnyCowplantEgonVMChicklet453681LMC6255LoLyChupaPandoraTO 9 votes

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Preteens of course I've been wanting preteens to be introduced to the franchise since the Sims 2. I think they would add more stories, fun, and gameplay to the franchise if not Sims 4 then please most definitely Sims 5 Gurus do you hear me please!!! Gameplay for elders like cane and walkers.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    edited April 2023
    More gameplay for Child
    A new height requires new animations. I would rather have more gameplay for the lifestages that we already have, especially children.

Middle grade books feature independent children. I'd like to see more gameplay that would allow child sims to interact with the world like the characters of these books. I'd like to see aspirations for children to take adventures and meet people and solve mysteries and collect things. I'd like children to be able to have jobs, whether that is realistic or not. I'd like children to be able to care for their younger siblings. Throughout history and in many countries still, older children do the bulk of caring for the younger children and they work real jobs.

Whiny Brit to be a great person to work on a pack that introduced more gameplay for children. And maybe lxdice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxxZc2OMKg&t=934s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozEOOlj50eM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkPAvPWh_NQ
  • MeigMeig Posts: 27 Member
    We really need preteens, the jump from child to teen is jarring and unrealistic
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited April 2023
    more interactions for all lifestages that don't have same animation repeated

more romance interactions

and more fun things to do together

I do think sims of all ages also should be able to take part in occult fun in some way

yeah maybe thats the one thing i wish for baby-child sims to have
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Mid adults
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Either preteens or shorter teens. It's just so weird to see children age up into a sim that looks like they already be filing taxes. I don't even need much or any preteen gameplay. They could act exactly like children or teens. Visually, it's just so weird to see the current children age into teens.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Preteens, please!
    I'd also like there to be Youths (20-24), and Adolescents (25-29) before young adult.
    Youths and Adolescents should be encouraged to go to university, and to put off marriage and kids until young adult starts at 30.

Did you guys know it's been scientifically proven humans aren't truly adults until at least 26? Eventually, all the legal age requirements are going to be raised to 26.

Legal for what? πŸ€”
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    More gameplay for Elder
    I'm kind of against new life stages in The Sims 4 because infants and toddlers didn't have much content with previous packs. They even had to add the ability for toddlers to go into tents in a separate patch because first they couldn't. Infants had it a little better in that regard, but it's mostly because they are babies: you don't expect them to play basketball or play console games for example.

This is my main concern why I'm against life stages like pre-teens: new height requires new animations and when the two of the previous life stages were added, not a lot past pack content were compatible. We could simply have the moment of Can play Basketball -> Cannot play Basketball -> Can play Basketball.

And a new life stage using the adult height may sound interesting and doable, but I'd still feel a little against it. I don't know. I fear the aging bug again...

I'm for improving existing life stages and adding new life stages to the next The Sims game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    More gameplay for Child
    I'm not against preteens and I understand why it would be nice to have the option of shorter teens. I love to make my teens look from younger to older and the height mod helps. So if they add them I will use them. But just as the poster above stated I know how much they will be lacking. I love love infants but frustrated with how little you can do holding them because they were not included in earlier animations. I still welcome preteens though if they ever decide to add them.

My number 1 concern when it comes to added content for the ages is CHILDREN. I was hoping growing together would be the pack for them but it wasn't. They got a few nice things and I'm grateful for what they have received πŸ™ but they still lack so much in my eyes. And I still think they need a dedicated pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    More gameplay for Child
    Preteens, please!
    I'd also like there to be Youths (20-24), and Adolescents (25-29) before young adult.
    Youths and Adolescents should be encouraged to go to university, and to put off marriage and kids until young adult starts at 30.

Did you guys know it's been scientifically proven humans aren't truly adults until at least 26? Eventually, all the legal age requirements are going to be raised to 26.

I read recently that the brain may not be fully developed until the mid 20s, and I know that it has sometimes played a role in the sentencing of younger criminals here in the UK, but I've not heard of any changes to the legal age of majority. I don't know about other countries though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    EgonVM wrote: Β»
    I'm kind of against new life stages in The Sims 4 because infants and toddlers didn't have much content with previous packs. They even had to add the ability for toddlers to go into tents in a separate patch because first they couldn't. Infants had it a little better in that regard, but it's mostly because they are babies: you don't expect them to play basketball or play console games for example.

This is my main concern why I'm against life stages like pre-teens: new height requires new animations and when the two of the previous life stages were added, not a lot past pack content were compatible. We could simply have the moment of Can play Basketball -> Cannot play Basketball -> Can play Basketball.

And a new life stage using the adult height may sound interesting and doable, but I'd still feel a little against it. I don't know. I fear the aging bug again...

I'm for improving existing life stages and adding new life stages to the next The Sims game.

I'm sorry I'm confused previous two life stages can't do a lot of things because they are babies so...yeah of course that will happen. I would love preteens in game and think they should be introduced to the game I'll be honest I'm am nervous about the bugs and play testing because everything the sim team brings out comes with bugs and some how play testing is non existent, also what I noticed as well is that the two added Lifestage are not seen in the world as an npc like I know seeing a toddler is weird being on its own but I would like to see a toddler and or an infant with a family member npc out and about in the world so that telling me if/when preteens will eventually be in the game they won't be out as npc in the world which I am a little worried about.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I like the gradual transition from newborn - infant - toddler - child. Now the big gap between children and teens feels too big because teens in sims 4 only cover the older teens. The teens in sims 4 are way to similar to adults.

More gameplay for every lifestage is also needed. For children but also toddlers, infants, teens,...
  • LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    More gameplay for Elder
    I find that the elders are the forgotten of the sims 4. Yet, there are many interesting features to explore with them: how they live their old age (a bit like the quarantine crisis for adults), choose between putting them in retirement home, make them live with their family or leave them in their home when they are too old, their relationship with their family, making them learn things (skills for example) to younger generations, include a new career that looks after the elders, add canes and walkers... And I don’t say that because I work in a retirement home in real life LMAO