Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Released April 26

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sigh.

One day I'll beat you to sharing these, but that day is clearly not today.

As the song goes.. " In the year 2525......." :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I don't think so @EA_Cade, simgirl1010 has the fastest fingers....thumbs? on the forums. :D

Well it made me laugh anyway.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yessss! I'm so happy I can finally play, and get the new kits o:)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sigh.

One day I'll beat you to sharing these, but that day is clearly not today.

Actually you did beat me too it. Your post in announcements. 😊
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited April 2023
    @EA_Cade About the loose tooth fix...
    I'm looking at the old bug report. Players are mentioning not just the skin of the child/teen corrupting but also the facial structure bugging out.
    I know sometimes patch notes can miss certain details so it doesn't mean a certain issue wasn't fixed. I just want to confirm that for the Growing Together loose tooth fix it also includes facial structure changing (not just skin). Hope this makes sense :sweat_smile:

I'm not confusing this with the separate April 18th bug btw.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I'm looking at the old bug report. Players are mentioning not just the skin of the child/teen corrupting but also the facial structure bugging out.
    I know sometimes patch notes can miss certain details so it doesn't mean a certain issue wasn't fixed. I just want to confirm that for the Growing Together loose tooth fix it also includes facial structure changing (not just skin). Hope this makes sense :sweat_smile:

No worries at all, all aspects of that bug should be resolved as of today's release.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Yaaay!

gen3-banner.png
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Despite spending many hours in the game prior to the loose tooth bug I didn't have any child loose a tooth so I'm really looking forward to that happening now. The only problem is that there are no sims younger than a teen in the household I am playing at the moment. I'm guessing I will be sending Mum and Dad off to woohoo now!!
  • SimmerBunniSimmerBunni Posts: 18 Member

My child sims still have deformed faces upon aging up.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2023
    At least your game runs and recognises it has been updated.

I have updated and relogged three times to the EA App so far today and the stupid app still wants me to update the game and won't start it.

Edit:
    And now, a game repair later. GRRRRR.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    At least your game runs and recognises it has been updated.

I have updated and relogged three times to the EA App so far today and the stupid app still wants me to update the game and won't start it.

Edit:
    And now, a game repair later. GRRRRR.

Seems this bug report is about the same problem:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-patch-don-t-stick/td-p/12508463
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2023
    @EA_Cade thank you so much to you and the team 😊Now I won’t have to age up my sim children too quickly now and the can be kids 😂 I also had that bug where my app wouldn’t update my game but a quick going into the EA App files and updating from there worked for me
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    @ Simply Jen. Thanks, seems to have been just something slow in the web as a whole.

Only three hours of wasted time and network bandwidth, doing a full game repair, and a trip to the shops. and woohoo, "suddenly", the EA App has decided I DID update the game after all.

Shrugs!
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

Uh oh
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member

Oh no. That doesn’t sound good. Ugh…
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member

Were they deformed before the patch? It might not have been retroactive.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2023

Were they created after the April 18th patch?
    • Any Sim that was created between the release of the April 18th update and this update will have minor adjustments to their appearance as a result of them now being correctly rendered.

For clarification: If you saved your game after a Sim was altered by the Lose Tooth feature (before we disabled it back in March), then that Sim has been permanently altered within that save file, and the fixes that were pushed live yesterday will not restore them to their previously unaltered state.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm in the UK and the EA patch hasn't given me the option to update - should I be happy?????
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    haggis1969 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK and the EA patch hasn't given me the option to update - should I be happy?????
    I updated in the UK...
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited April 2023
    I had issues updating yesterday. In fact I didn't even know there was a patch until I checked the broken mods thread!

EA app didn't give me the option to update my game until I repaired it, and still, the update refused to finalize no matter how many times I restarted the updating process. It finally worked after restarting my computer and clearing the EA app cache. Couldn't tell you whether the computer restart helped or not, but it was recommended on answers hq.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 29 Member
    had to clear cache and then repair game to get updated
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I never noticed any of my sims’ faces looking different. Did this bug only affect some players and not everyone?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    @Rouensims if your child sim had a loose tooth when they aged up to teen it would cause weird changes to their faces. When folks started reporting this bug they disabled the loose tooth feature until they fixed it, which this patch (supposedly) does. So you very well might not have seen it.