Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how long have you been playing the Sims 3 for?

124...Next

Comments

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    More then 12 years
    I went right from Sims 2 to Sims 3 when it released.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    10-12 years

Taking a moment to add another year ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    More then 12 years
    Started playing when I was a young teen. I think as soon as it released, I was so excited and asked for it as birthday/Christmas gifts. When I had free time, or if I was feeling down, Sims 3 was my escape. I still play it in random modules of time and am currently on a third generation of a family.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member

I played when it was first released, stopped playing when EA broke my heart by releasing a new game without an open world and color wheel. lol But now I'm back and hope to play a long time! :blush:

There's so many things to do and play with! By the time the last few expansions and store sets were released, I had already accumulated so much stuff that it was overwhelming and I didn't really play with the most recent. So I'm focused on those right now.

Anyway, hello and waves, hope everyone is well. :smile:
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    More then 12 years
    I played TS1 quite late into its life span, didn't really get hooked but saw the potential. I was given the full TS2 series and became hooked, I got my little pre-school niece (at the time) hooked too. I vividly remember being at our caravan and building a house for my little nieces' first sims ( Lily and Rose) it had a huge carousel thing in the living room and everything was eye meltingly pink.

A few years later and I introduced her brother to TS3 (pre-school then) and I wasn't really paying attention to the game, I was busy working so didn't cheat his sims hunger motive and his sim died, he was shocked and demanded a new game wherein he had a 64 x 64 lot covered in refrigerators and motorbikes, not a bed in sight never mind a roof!

My niece is now in second year at university and my nephew is taking his exams next month, both still play the Sims although they play 4 on console (blasphemy) rather than 3. I feel ancient writing that out which is appropriate because I just got my ancient membership badge today when I logged on for the first time in years.

Please excuse my logorrhoea I feel like waxing nostalgic today.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • ltawtltawt Posts: 11 New Member
    6-10 years
    I’ve been playing since I was little but I only recently got back into playing it
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    More then 12 years
    My first house uploaded to the exchange was on June 3rd, 2009.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    More then 12 years

The Sims 1 was the first game in the series. Developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts, it was released for Microsoft Windows on February 4, 2000. so I guess I have been playing for 23 years as my granddaughter got me the sims 1 when it came out. It is hard to believe that I have been playing that long and am still in love with the sims 3 I guess I will play until its time for me to leave as I cannot take the sims with me
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,874 Member
    More then 12 years
    I remember getting my collector's edition on release day and I don't think I've truly stopped playing since 😂
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    More then 12 years
    Evalen wrote: »
    The Sims 1 was the first game in the series. Developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts, it was released for Microsoft Windows on February 4, 2000. so I guess I have been playing for 23 years as my granddaughter got me the sims 1 when it came out. It is hard to believe that I have been playing that long and am still in love with the sims 3 I guess I will play until its time for me to leave as I cannot take the sims with me

Well, if we're counting pre-Sims 3 as well, I started playing with Little Computer People on my Apple //e in 1985.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Computer_People
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    10-12 years
    I know I already voted and made a post earlier but I'm going to make another post.

I started playing Sims with TS2 and then switched over to TS3 in 2011.