Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard activities pack

I would love a pack that brings more outdoor activities. Ideally a stuff pack but I'm not sure they still exist.
Could include;
Porch swings, tire swings, expanded backyard style play ground equipment.
Lemonade stands, trampolines, inflatables
Pool stuff- slides, floats,pool bar, volleyball
Corn hole, ladder golf, croquet
Four wheelers?
Social interactions like hide and seek, tag, catching lightning bugs in a jar.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I would like some wheelbarrow rides and mud pies. Also bicycles repairs.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited April 2023
    Would love ALL of that! I love "activity" type of objects, but we all know TS4 is very stingy when it comes to adding new animations.

Of what you've mentioned, I could maybe see the following being added (using existing or slightly modified animations)
    • Tire Swing = Definitely could see that since there's already swings in the game, Only thing is they'd need to animate climbing into the tire, unless the sim just magically floated into it
    • Porch Swing = Nothing more than animating the swing to go back and forth, since the sitting animation is already in the game for 2 person loveseats
    • Playground Equipment = Could definitely see normal, regular slides being added since there's already a sliding animation, would just need to move the routing from the side to the back of the slide
    • Lemonade Stands = Could definitely see this added since there's already "food stalls" in the game, would just need to be adjusted to kid height
    • Trampolines = Maybe if it was simple jump up and down without flips, since we have a jumping/play in puddles animation
    • Corn hole = Definitely could see that being added since there's already an animation for Horseshoes, which is essentially the same animation
    • Four Wheelers = Maybe, since we already have the jet ski animation, would probably just need some slight adjustments

The rest (at least to me) seems like they would all require new animations
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    That is more than I would have thought would be able to use existing animations.

Since stuff packs don't seem to exist any more it could be expanded into a game pack which would allow for more gameplay/assets/animations.

Add some decent cas/bb, maybe some Boardwalk style games or carnival type stuff, pool party event type, and some more socials like walking hand in hand and you would have a decent gamepack. People have been asking for more pool stuff for a while.

Give it a beachy world with apartments, people would buy the heck out of that pack, atleast until it all bugged out anyways.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I loved how in TS3 sims could skate on ponds. I think it would be lovely if they enabled this for TS4 as well. Also, free roller skating around anywhere with a pavement.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I would love a pack that brings more outdoor activities. Ideally a stuff pack but I'm not sure they still exist.
    Could include;
    Porch swings, tire swings, expanded backyard style play ground equipment.
    Lemonade stands, trampolines, inflatables
    Pool stuff- slides, floats,pool bar, volleyball
    Corn hole, ladder golf, croquet
    Four wheelers?
    Social interactions like hide and seek, tag, catching lightning bugs in a jar.

Love these ideas! @EA_Cade
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Axe throwing
    Archery
    Log rolling
    Composting
    Lawn mowing
    Lemonade and bake stands
    Trampoline
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2023
    I’m just begging for lawn mowing. It’s so quintessentially American suburban, which is exactly the type of theme the sims is trying to emulate/satirize. I’m honestly astounded that lawn mowing hasn’t been part of any of the sims games ever.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    I want tend food stall and lemonade stand make money
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    I’m just begging for lawn mowing. It’s so quintessentially American suburban, which is exactly the type of theme the sims is trying to emulate/satirize. I’m honestly astounded that lawn mowing hasn’t been part of any of the sims games ever.

It could give a positive moodlet for "fresh cut grass" since it smells good. Maybe a negative moodlet too for grass stuck to feet if you use a cheaper lawn mower or the grass is wet.
    Frisbee, disk golf, multi-sim soccer games, throwing a baseball with another sim

Smores addition to campfires

Waterproof outdoor screen, one that doesn't look made from a bed sheet but still a non professional outdoor movie screen.