Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Rant: Autonomously Cheating Sims

I keep having this problem! And I have the gameplay option to autonomously build relationships turned off, because I thought that might be the issue.

My very happily married sims, with the romantic and friendship bars all the way up, just start flirting with other sims! Grrrr! This is so annoying! Then they have "Fear of Cheating" and their romance bar goes down. It's like I have to stay away from all other sims to not have this happen. What's the deal with that? Come on!

Rant over. LOL

Any gameplay quirks that annoy the living daylights out of you? I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited April 2023
    Oi, not another glitch. I have to say my Sim couple is starting to go down that road, autonomously. They went to Uni together with three of his four siblings and it was natural for them to move into Erik's house after graduation. Erik has an older and a younger brother living with them, plus his only sister until her wedding. Well, my married couple just had a baby, and suddenly Kayleigh keeps hitting on her hubby's older brother. :open_mouth: It's fine that she gets all flirty, but Erik is often right there and very willing. He caught them in the kitchen, she was scantily clad, and Aaron was wearing his normal clothing (swimsuit and nothing else) when Erik came upon them. So, he and his wife went upstairs to check on their baby and decided to have a chat about marriage. Instantly that persistent full pink bar went down dramatically. I was beside myself. I quickly had Kayleigh do interactions to rebuild it. Phew. What is up with that? And she was at it again just yesterday in my game play! Guess it's time to kick the bros out of the house!

The one that is annoying is when you set the preferences for your Sim in CAS, and then suddenly your Sim is asked about woohoo preferences and it doesn't at all match up with what you set.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    And the whole time I thought giving your Sims the 'Loyal' trait was the fix to stop them from flirting with other Sims when they're already in relationships. NOPE! After reading up on the trait, it doesn't do that at all - and I know that's the fix Simmers truly wanted, not just for Sims to feel confident for not flirting with others or to be able to confess to cheating to feel better. What an odd thing for the devs to add when it doesn't solve the problem of Sims flirting with everything moving.

I had to download a mod to prevent Sims from flirting with the same sex because that was completely ruining my gameplay.

I'm not sure what the fix would be to stop all romance interactions unless it's with their spouse.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Future wrote: »
    And the whole time I thought giving your Sims the 'Loyal' trait was the fix to stop them from flirting with other Sims when they're already in relationships. NOPE! After reading up on the trait, it doesn't do that at all - and I know that's the fix Simmers truly wanted, not just for Sims to feel confident for not flirting with others or to be able to confess to cheating to feel better. What an odd thing for the devs to add when it doesn't solve the problem of Sims flirting with everything moving.

I had to download a mod to prevent Sims from flirting with the same sex because that was completely ruining my gameplay.

I'm not sure what the fix would be to stop all romance interactions unless it's with their spouse.

Please could I ask what the name of the mod is because that problem is driving me nuts in my game?
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited April 2023
    HomeMama wrote: »
    I keep having this problem! And I have the gameplay option to autonomously build relationships turned off, because I thought that might be the issue.

My very happily married sims, with the romantic and friendship bars all the way up, just start flirting with other sims! Grrrr! This is so annoying! Then they have "Fear of Cheating" and their romance bar goes down. It's like I have to stay away from all other sims to not have this happen. What's the deal with that? Come on!

Rant over. LOL

Any gameplay quirks that annoy the living daylights out of you? I'd love to hear them.

Sims with the romantic or alluring traits have always been very flirty. When they get in that flirty mood they will flirt with anything, their spouse, the mirror, the neighbors and even the potato plant in the garden. Kind of annoying and really not worth it without certain mods or your goal is the player trait.
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    edited April 2023
    What's worse is when your Sim randomly gets romance with their family members. Years ago, I made Superman, Superboy, and Lois and literally immediately after placing them.... Supes acted romantically with Lois (I'd set them as spouses) and Superboy, who is his clone-son, got a sad moodlet about how it hurts "seeing the love of your life flirt with another" and I was just like:

QohDcav.jpg
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    HomeMama wrote: »

Rant over. LOL

Sims with the romantic or alluring traits have always been very flirty. When they get in that flirty mood they will flirt with anything, their spouse, the mirror, the neighbors and even the potato plant in the garden. Kind of annoying and really not worth it without certain mods or your goal is the player trait.

Even the potato plant in the garden? ROFL Thanks for the chuckle. My Sim did it again. Only this time it was with her hubby's younger brother, the doctor. I'm about ready to throw the woman in the bin. I am just waiting until their Infant is closer to aging up to Toddler, then blammo, she's going to get smacked with twins. MWAHAHAHA Oh, wait a minute, that could backfire on …me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited April 2023

Please could I ask what the name of the mod is because that problem is driving me nuts in my game?

Pretty sure it's the Global Gender Preference mod by Polarbearsims. There's a bunch of versions but I downloaded the 100% heterosexual variant.

https://modthesims.info/d/602770/global-gender-preference.html

With the mod installed, if you click on a Sim who is the same gender as your selected Sim like to start a conversation, there are no interactions under the Romance social pie menu. So they cannot flirt, kiss, nothing. So if I select a male Sim and invite my Sim's male friend over, there is 0 chance of them trying to flirt with each other. It's fantastic. No more swapping to another household to find out my Sim has a romance bar with Mortimer or Don.

I actually checked and I don't even have the mod installed anymore, but it seems the setting is still in effect across my game which is nice.

People in the comment section are saying it's giving them an LE now so idk if it still works or not. But look for that "type" of mod. I'm sure there are others.
    edited April 2023
    Now that I think more about it, it may have something to do with the new gender preferences added in CAS and maybe a mod isn't needed anymore?

When I adjust the settings so that my Sim is only attracted to the opposite sex, they don't have romance options available for the same sex anymore like in the social pie menu.

But to get back to the original point of the OP, Sims still want to flirt with each other despite being in happy marriages. That is what we need a fix for and the "loyal" trait is not it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I just shut my game down in a bad mood because of the very same thing.

My sims do not have the romantic trait, I made them dislike romance sims, they are boyfriend and girlfriend who live together and they are always getting flirty. Then they start flirting with anything that moves if there is anyone else on the lot, regardless of their partner being 3 ft away.

It's driving me round the bend.
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    If you guys are mod friendly, I like chingyu's faithfulness mod for this (link), and I believe MCCC has an option to stop random flirting
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I honestly like the autonomous cheating 💀💀

It adds some drama and spice into my gameplay. I’m generally the type of player who likes it when the game essentially functions as a story generator for me. That’s why I love unexpected drama like unfaithful sims and random deaths.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Turned off random flirting a long time ago in MCCC for that reason. A once in awhile, unexpected occurrence is interesting - everyone and their brother/sister doing it is not.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    There are tons of mods that solve the issue (I use my conversationtweak), so EA should clearly bei able to finally do something about it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member

Pretty sure it's the Global Gender Preference mod by Polarbearsims. There's a bunch of versions but I downloaded the 100% heterosexual variant.

https://modthesims.info/d/602770/global-gender-preference.html

With the mod installed, if you click on a Sim who is the same gender as your selected Sim like to start a conversation, there are no interactions under the Romance social pie menu. So they cannot flirt, kiss, nothing. So if I select a male Sim and invite my Sim's male friend over, there is 0 chance of them trying to flirt with each other. It's fantastic. No more swapping to another household to find out my Sim has a romance bar with Mortimer or Don.

I actually checked and I don't even have the mod installed anymore, but it seems the setting is still in effect across my game which is nice.

People in the comment section are saying it's giving them an LE now so idk if it still works or not. But look for that "type" of mod. I'm sure there are others.

Thank you very much
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    I can't stand that cheating happens so much. it might keep things interesting if it happened once a year, but it happens every few days and they don't have alluring traits. I get so annoyed with the relationship fears because talking it out doesn't usually help so my Sim is just stuck with their fear.