Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want updated the most?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2023
    Clothes/Hairstyles/Accessories
    I voted for clothes, hairstyles, and accessories for all packs before Seasons. To give all those sims summer and winter outfits. To have a free base game update to add some added coats and boots.

Also to be able to save combined outfits in CAS and to have the game pick those for game generated sims, without having to use a mod for this task.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Other
    Tbh I really want a medium sized dog option. That would make me ridiculously happy
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    A town and its townies
    I desperately want them to update Del Sol Valley with a new neighborhood with beach lots and add a couple lots to the other neighborhoods.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    A pack
    I'm with the ones for OR. I have loved that pack since its release and use it on a regular basis. I would love to see it get a makeover.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    A life stage
    I would like child sims to be able to request more things from adults. To be read to. To help cook. None of this would require new animations.

I would like child sims to be able to pay the bills, or have some sort of workaround that would get the bills paid.

I would like child sims to have the option to quit an afterschool activity.

I would like child sims to be able to work on the writing skill.

I would like more child aspirations.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2023
    I’d love to see some of the CAS assets updated since it’s been nearly a decade and the sims team has improved so much on their meshing and texturing. In fact, they’ve improved so much, some of the base game items look really odd contrasted against the newer options. I think it’s especially noticeable on some of the hairs.

That said, I’m not expecting anything because this would be a pretty huge undertaking. It’s not that the base game hairs look bad, it’s just that you can tell that the Sims team has improved so, so much over the years and the newer items really outshine the older ones.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    A town and its townies
    The town I would want to update is Copperdale but I really should've just voted pack. I would add an apartment complex where the motel shell is across from the fairgrounds. I would update the game so NPC sims would ride and walk around the pier area. I would get rid of the kid monkey bars on a High School Campus at the auditorium. I don't know why they didn't just make a pull up bar for the teenagers to exercise on.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I just remembered how badly I want swimmable oceans in Windenburg. The ocean and island are so beautiful. It's such a shame sims can't swim in it. :(
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Other
    I want build mode to be updated with more options.
    Although, if we had to update a pack or something, I would want outdoor living to be updated with more stuff.
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Jobs/careers
    I wanted to hop in and say a huge thank you to everyone for voting and commenting on my poll, it made me really happy! <3 Secondly, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone, there are even some things I hadn't thought about but hearing it from others, I can see why they can be problems.
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Packs Jobs and Life Stages.
    Packs Outdoor Retreat add hikes, GetTW add sick Sims going to the hospital like the pets go to vets, Dine Out more food options and have toddlers and infants join in the restaurant.
    HSY classroom gameplay and rabbit hole football game.
    Add more jobs like becoming a yoga instructor, massage therapist, hair stylist.
    Add more Lifestage like Preteens.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Other
    Some of the occults are in desperate need of an upgrade.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    A pack
    Outdoor Retreat
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Other
    The customisation abilities for the worlds as a whole.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Other
    Base updated, upgraded & refreshed for the following:
    Garden Plants fixed
    Ghosts that don’t always break things
    Permanent Plantsim Lifestate
    Tweens Lifestate
    Spiral Stairs
    Drums
    Drivable Cars/Trucks/Vans
    30 Color Swatches with Sliders for Hair & Outfits
    Sleepable Heartshape Bed
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Other
    I also still want dragons.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Jobs/careers
    Dorjidruk wrote: »
    Also, the game is still not good for brown skin colors. Most the "brown" skin colors" are gray, orange, or red. There's not enough brown skins that look brown.

I quite agree, they never look natural. White skintones are more than enough in variety, but the rest is straight up yellow, orange, or gray.

xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    A pack
    outdoor retreat and dine out!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    tangledwingstangledwings Posts: 8 New Member
    Jobs/careers
    If I could have anything, I would want to fix lag time between order and interaction, and the problem with Sims constantly cancelling interactions for no reason. Also simplifying the pie menus so there aren't so many choices. For example, the refrigerator. You could replace "make lunch" "serve lunch" and "cook" with just "cook" and put it on the stove, not the fridge. Fridge options would just be "eat leftovers" "clean out spoiled food" and "have quick meal." Salads should be folded into quick meals rather than under cooking. Baking should be on the oven. Cakes should be under the baking option for everyone who has this skill in their game. We just really need this kind of clean-up after so much DLC.

In terms of DLC refresh, I want a Dine Out/Retail Lot overhaul that opens up more businesses for Player ownership, improves employee AI, allows played Sims to work in all roles, allows the use of player-grown produce in restaurants. Adds specialized displays to really be able to do a nice grocery store or florist (buckets of flowers, stacks of produce, dairy fridge etc.). Incorporates all of the types of foods into the restaurant kitchen in matching stations (confections, ice cream, drinks, roast meats, expresso and tea, etc.). Lets you create and name recipes, brew alcohol from produce, adds a drunkenness effect with a euphemistic name, improves mixology profits and buffs, adds a décor score to the rep of your venue etc. etc.
  • Options
    OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    Other
    I definitely would like more careers and even more so an overhaul of freelance careers, they just feel repetitive and without much to gain over time because there is no real overview. Something like the pop up for the dream decorator career would make so much sense and just add to that.
    What I am thinking is:
    - an overview of tasks you have done and clients comments
    - meeting other freelancers so you can also have work buddies
    - possibility do team up with other freelancers, if they aren't good enough then you can get a bad reputation \
    - tasks by companies with a potential of them hiring you afterwards
    - relationship effects if you did a bad or good job
    - the option to hire a freelancer for a painting, an eco object, or even a website for your store/restaurant/brand etc
    - more rabbit hole tasks so your sims are gone for a little bit and more active tasks e.g. paint Sulani skies from reference

BUT I voted for other because what I really want the most is an update on some worlds to make them more immersive. I feel several neighborhoods fall short on opportunities outside of lots. An overhaul to add more food stalls and vendors (especially in Evergreen Harbor and Del Sol Valley) would be absolutely amazing. Especially for those who don't want to change lots too much because it takes them too much time, these outside activities help making the worlds feel more lively and add to the gameplay.

I'd also really would love an overhaul of hotkeys to use in live and build mode. At least the option to set them myself.
    Oh and the household manager, (ai... this list keeps getting longer), I just want to know more about the relations amongst household members, like who are the parents of those kids, and what are the parents jobs? Would help so much when you want to chose a household or want to exchange household members.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    A pack
    Spiral stairs
    Clothes ironing
    Lawn mowing
    Water heating
    Swimming pool cleaning
    Attic room tool
    Hobbies system

Outdoor Retreat refresh
    Dine Out refresh
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A life stage
    If you mean updating what we currently have?
    Kids! Kids need the most updating in my opinion.
    If you mean new content I'd still say think of the children!!😩

If given the option preteens! I know it's not something I wanted before but the more I think about it it's the only way we could ever get officially short heights.
    Height slider works fine but you have to deal with the visual glitches since the animations don't match.

Every pack could benefit with a refresh but I'm pretty satisfied with them overall.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Jobs/careers
    I would like the Archeology system from Jungle Adventures updated. It gets boring to be an archeologist but you go to the same jungle over and over again. Expand on this career by offering different archeological dig nodes in different locales. Maybe you could find pirate artifacts in Brindleton Bay, and Oni masks and Japanese swords in Mt. Komorebi. Maybe there’s dinosaur bones in Oasis Springs (Yes, that’s paleontology, I know, but anyway … I want a dino skeleton!), and Native American pottery in Strangerville? Every world has a story, let us help tell it through the archeology findings. Or, give us new worlds with new collectibles to discover – Africa – tribal masks, totems; the Far East – those gorgeous Chinese-inspired vases from Sims 3; Greece/Mediterranean – classic marble statues and busts; Norse – shields, weaponry, Viking helmets.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other
    the laundry day stuff pack with the addition of retro topload washer with matching dryer as well as modern topload washer with matching dryer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    A pack
    I would like the Archeology system from Jungle Adventures updated. It gets boring to be an archeologist but you go to the same jungle over and over again. Expand on this career by offering different archeological dig nodes in different locales. Maybe you could find pirate artifacts in Brindleton Bay, and Oni masks and Japanese swords in Mt. Komorebi. Maybe there’s dinosaur bones in Oasis Springs (Yes, that’s paleontology, I know, but anyway … I want a dino skeleton!), and Native American pottery in Strangerville? Every world has a story, let us help tell it through the archeology findings. Or, give us new worlds with new collectibles to discover – Africa – tribal masks, totems; the Far East – those gorgeous Chinese-inspired vases from Sims 3; Greece/Mediterranean – classic marble statues and busts; Norse – shields, weaponry, Viking helmets.

This is a great idea. I wouldn't be mad if they came out with another GP specifically around archeology that added what you've mentioned above as well as another vacation world to explore, Egypt would be amazing, Thailand would also be great.