Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Suggestions for BASE GAME

• for part of the Sim Profile , I would like to see . See previous Jobs, in the Career/School section.

Comments

• LaddyBoyLaddyBoy Posts: 2 New Member
    Could they include the feature is CAS mode to allow players to change the height and other body types of their sim (s). I think with this feature, it could recognize that everyone comes in different sizes and shapes.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited March 2023
    • for part of the Sim Profile , I would like to see . See previous Jobs, in the Career/School section.

I agree with this suggestion since the sims can get laid-off in Growing Together or quit their jobs in neighborhood stories. I would like for them to be able to go back to an old job in their work history. I end up flagging sims in MCCC so they won't change jobs. There should be a way for them to return to their chosen job profession after changing jobs.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! EA Maxis,

As i have been pleading all along, spiral staircases would be
    sweet! just like in sims3, i think and feel i would be apt to
    play more :)
    I'm just saying... A true Simmer
  • DrearyMaeDrearyMae Posts: 9 New Member
    I was thinking greeting cards. There is no traffic of mail. I would think it should be base game to be readily able to be crafted by kids and craft from favorite received cards. Older sims can too. Cards could also be ordered of any style to be written for any genre of expression. A jack-o'-lantern card for christmas and good fortune for good wishes.
    I was thinking of this, because Sims don't have printer. It makes sense if there was it to get stationary to do like cards. Sims can print out anything like coloring pages, origami, and stationary. Everyone can design there own including kids from the crafting by hand. Being able to write letters to anyone. I think a printer/stationary would be a stuff pack along side of the ice cream and popcorn appliances.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Water heaters for BG, more drama and more interactions for plumbing

Also lawn mowing and pool cleaning
  • YasminaYasmina Posts: 1 New Member
    I think new options for roofing types should be a thing. Or easier ways to build different kinds of roofs.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    I would like to see my sims (Christopher and Celeste Michaelson) at work on location as tech gurus newspapers a newspaper delivery person npc a newspaper delivery route a police officer npc a garbage man npc a garbage truck a taxi driver npc a taxi cab a taxi boat unmade beds a burglar npc and burglar alarms from build mode in the base game please
    Post edited by mollie1998 on
  • GrnEggsNSamGrnEggsNSam Posts: 1 New Member
    So the Sims 4 team has made great strides to make players of all kinds feel represented in their gameplay and I feel has done a great job. I would love to see a basegame update that introduces step parents!
  • Blackjax918Blackjax918 Posts: 1 New Member
    this morning i discovered a major problem in the sims that really needs fixed. It is currently not possible to set relationships outside of a household. I'm building a youtube family with 16 kids so i need multiple households and i moved a few from one household to another and then i still couldn't set the parent child relationship. this raises the question of broken homes where mom and dad live in different homes and also what about stepparents and siblings? thinking about it this is a huge misstep and needs to be fixed. perhaps a master relationship panel over the entire saved world.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    1. Long way overdue almost 9 year Base Fixes & full Refresh
    2. Spiral Stairs
    3. Heartshape Beds
    4. Permanent Plantsims
    5. Ghosts that don't break things & can be more useful
    6. Tween Lifestate
    7. Base Game helping all the other packs
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    1. Vechiles
    2. Preteen Lifestage
    3. Burglars brought back
    4. Vacation Pack
    5. Pack refreshes like Done out more foods, toddlers and infants can visit with family, more hikes in Granite falls and jungle adventure, sick Sims go to the hospital. HSY classroom gameplay and a rabbithole football game.
  • DrearyMaeDrearyMae Posts: 9 New Member
    I think I would like a new world, like an alternative one for THAT world. I filled that for save with my lookalike who lives in there. Mostly or by half the map, I have placed Maxis lots down. The big lot by the water and the two are still free to use. I'm not fully using the others, but the spell casters feel cramped.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited April 2023
    • Lawnmowers
    • Water heaters
    • Swimming pool cleaning
    • Spiral stairs
    • Attic rooms
    • Composting bin
    • Pre-teen lifestage
    • Mid adult lifestage
    • Hobbies system
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Another BG world would be nice. We have so many lot types and lot sub types, we need more places to put stuff.
  • AlaeraVixenAlaeraVixen Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been playing more recently and one of the things that I would love to see is ramps for when you have a raised foundation so puppies can get in and out the house without being carried. It would also be great to add a bit more depth to the game by allowing for people in wheelchairs to exists. The want of ramps for dogs is based on a real life expectation for my puppies who have a ramp to reach the dog door which is significantly higher then them due to a raised foundation.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Spiral stairs
    Better size up & down
    More world
    Permanent Plantsims
    More use of mail like send letter/gift/newspaper/coupon
    smarter sims
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    My suggestion is an update to family trees across the game so that we can have fully fleshed out family connections. Aunts & Uncles, daughters & sons in law, step siblings/parents/children, great grand parents. Even if it is a simple as manually assigning relationships between sims ourselves, i would like it so that my related sims know each other. It was a real downer on growing together when i realised that to create a family to play with, with multi generations, i was going to have to create them as one 8 person household to begin with and then move them out of the home once they were created. This placed limitations on how many family members i could create!

Other people's suggestions that i would love to see also:
    • A new basegame world- we have so many packs now and so many lot types, with our worlds getting smaller i need more real estate for residential and community lots!
    • Pool heaters - so we can have outdoor swimming pools year round
    • The heart shaped bed
    • Previous jobs/careers in the sim profile

pack suggestions:
    • a summer gardens kit with lawn mowers and pool cleaners - bust the dust might have had its issues but i think for most people it's ironed out now and i'd love those functionalities brought to my garden spaces!
    • Vacations pack- i want hotels. soooo bad!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    [*] Pool heaters - so we can have outdoor swimming pools year round

You can have outdoor heated pools all year round if you use the geothermal energy lot trait.

One thing I would really like is the option to make tomato juice on the stove. It could be used as an ingredient for cooking or drinking.
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2023
    GAMEPLAY

• Neighborhood Stories: Progress romantic relationahips;

• Buy venue lots (Library, Saloon, etc.);

• Festivals in Willow Creek (Mardi Gras and Jazzfest);

• Simstagram app;

• Create an Event mechanic;

• New interactions:
    - Complain about visitor's bad manners
    - Ask permission to use bathroom/cook/sleep while visiting a sim
    - Hire mechanic for improvements
    - Feed/Pet/Talk/Observe/Free collectible pets.
    - Herbal bath in the bathtub
    - Cleanse room's energy with spray/incens

• Notepad:
    - Recipes: Inform where the discovered item is used.
    - Profiles: Build profiles based on discoveries about other sims.

• School bus animation;

• Newspaper delivery and Burglar NPC;

CREATE A SIM

• "Add background" mechanic;

• Poses for sims;

• Aspirations: Integrity category. Healthy lifestyle and good familiar aspirations;

• Likes and Dislikes:
    - Attraction category: Hairstyles, Hair colors, (No) Facial hairs, (No) Muscles.
    - Interests category: Economy, Supernatural, Fashion, Sports, Vacation, Crime, Work, etc.
    - Convert hobby traits to hobbies and interests likes and dislikes.

• Sideburns;

• Saturation and Brightness slider for hair colors;

• Body:
    - Yellow, pink, orange, green and red variations skin colors.
    - Yellow eye color.
    - No smile line for adults.
    - Build muscles separatedly
    - Anatomically correct muscles..
    - Different belly buttons and abs.
    - Surgical body scars: Appendicitis, gallstones, hernias, autopsy, heart, thunderbolt, sutures.

• Body painting and free tattoo placement;

• Clothes:
    - Back accessories: Backpack, Cloak, Baby carrier, Wings, Quiver, etc.
    - Choose which finger/hand to wear rings and bracelets.
    - One-sided earring option.
    - Layering clothes: Jacket, Sweater, Sweatshirt, Button up top, Suit jacket, Vest, Apron, Bib overall.
    Post edited by Thornwillow on
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I think it used to be that when you hovered over a sim, it said your relationship. I miss that, although I suppose it has been replaced by age.

My main thing I’d like to see are cars and garages.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    GRAVEYARD LOT.. our sims need a resting place.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    1. Long way overdue almost 9 year Base Fixes & full Refresh
    2. Spiral Stairs
    3. Heartshape Beds
    4. Permanent Plantsims
    5. Ghosts that don't break things & can be more useful
    6. Tween Lifestate
    7. Base Game helping all the other packs

I bolded the ones I want the most. I'm not sure what you mean by 7. Could you explain more please?
    Other ideas:
    • Ladders that can sit on the edge of a floor (like stairs) without having a box around at the top
    • Attic spaces with retractable ladders
    • Trap doors that open up above ladders or stairs- can be hidden or visible
    • Floor doors (like trap doors but can have glass or other styles)
    • Cellar doors (angled ones that sit over stairs or ladders)
    • Windows able to be placed on foundations
    • Window wells
    • Floor doors (like trap doors-- some hidden-- or glass doors)
    • Vents/deco object placed on sides of foundations
    • The ability to place objects off the lot with cheats instead of mods
    • Go straight to build mode without having to create a new sim or family
    • Choose swing direction of doors
    • Customize doors to be able to have different hardware on different sides
    • More options for customizing roof trim
    • More options for friezes & (I'm blanking on the term for the things that sort of look like fences but hang down from the ceiling)
    • Half walls of different heights that can hang down from the ceiling & have wall cabinets, windows, & decor on them (maybe they are bulkheads?)
    • Windows without glass- sort of pass through windows where pets & sims can climb through or pass objects through
    I've included pictures of some of the ideas
    c5aebe589dd2593589c0d8ac9cd71b0daa772e89.jpg
    3cf8861ffbe6538773bc29a883b7d001a6bec271.pnj
    0633348a693457d08120683076572116db7dea4c.jpg
    64a81c799e9723b242d0fff56fb382bdbc43391f.jpg
    9cca9cd921a6cf9fe806a4e40021f94aa1a0d264.jpg
    10fc8cdf85b9007e8c2d6fe997fe17633ed02d9d.jpg
    bf2ac3338413a561bf6e4940bdad158249607d5b.jpg
    f8428c98e8a9a551957ceb95394b470875180f66.jpg
    7a6102b981c5a6437c988d365daaefc2074ba5f1.jpg
    5b870bcff2b9798d8718c52dc9ad9bccb8bcd77d.jpg
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I think it used to be that when you hovered over a sim, it said your relationship. I miss that, although I suppose it has been replaced by age.

My main thing I’d like to see are cars and garages.

It still does this? Unless it said more at one point that I don't remember.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Graveyard
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • LowriderslugLowriderslug Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently just realized that TV’s do not emit light, this is such a little thing but it would be so cool if they did! They could flicker a little bit, similar to the lamp from the basement kit. It would be cool for when all the other lights are off besides the TV. It just seems more realistic as well.