Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone been able to make Create A World work with the new EA App? Update 3/19/2024

2...Next

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    @MadDoctor61,
    No, there is not unfortunately as far as I can tell. I was able to stay with Origin for awhile thanks to this trick I learned, however what I was hoping would be a permanent solution, turned out only to be temporary. Luckily, I finished Harvest Township, but the next world I started on after finishing that one, I had to stop in the middle of, because I have no idea if EA is actually going to fix CAW so that works with the new app. This may be the end of CAW unless someone releases a mod to make it work again. I normally hate using mods and don't trust them to ever be updated if something goes wrong, but if its the only way that I will be able to enter Edit In Game again, than so be.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Has anyone heard if they intend to patch CAW so EIG will work with the EA App? ... or are we all doomed to never use EIG again?
    @tammyjo329 Unfortunately, EA hasn’t confirmed that they will ever patch CAW again. That means unless some modder makes it work with the EA App, you may have to either hack the Steam version of the Sims 3 to work with CAW, which some people have done, or start using the disk version of the Sims 3, and download the previous version of CAW for that. Sorry, I know that’s not what you want to hear. I was able to dig up my old Sims 3 disks and go that route, so it is possible
  • InfexisWifeInfexisWife Posts: 1 New Member
    I discovered CAW after updating to the EA app so imagine my surprise after hours of work crafting a world just to find it won't export!

I found a workaround that no one seems to have posted anywhere.

Once I exported the world file to the game file, I was able to see it in the launcher under uploads (extremely frustrated to see it there when it was uninstallable!).
    I uploaded the world to my Sims 3 Community page and was able to then REDOWNLOAD and install as custom content into my game.

Not sure if this is the same issue everyone else has been having - but it worked for me and I haven't found anyone posting about it on any forums!
    @InfexisWife Unfortunately no. Unless you figured out how to get "edit in game" to work you haven't fixed it

• earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited February 19
    I only managed to make it work for 1 day.... yesterday.
    I moved the CAW installation folder where the Sims 3 and Sims 4 install folders were and it worked. It was like a dream came true.

But sadly I had to go to bed at some point, turn off my computer and when I woke up this morning and tried to get into EIG again to finish furnishing a house, the darn Launcher was back!

Hello, darkness my old friend.

I tried to do what I did yesterday, again, re-installed CAW, moved it to the sims install folders, but to no avail.
    I believe that now, just like everyone else, I have to wait for a miracle to happen with EA updating the app to fit the Create-a-world tool, since Origin won't install on my computer anymore.
    NK4koaX.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    So it works once in a blue moon or something it seems.. then maybe, just in case, I should try to remember load up my town in EIG once a day just in case the planets should decide to align or something..... then quickly place all the lots I have already built and saved to the library in town, hit save and watch that flashing screen as it saves.... thanks for that bit of information. For the record, just tried it now and it didn't work, so of course, today is not one of those days... maybe in a month or two...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    @earthgirl
    @Sprottenham

I can't believe I forgot about this thread that I created. It turns out someone was able to get it to work, but maybe not consistently given what you guys posted here https://www.tumblr.com/damienf519/724840433017061376/create-a-world-now-with-the-ea-app-im-stunned?source=share
    edited February 22
    This whole thing with restarting my computer gave me an idea that I'm going to try and see if it works.

I'm thinking about quitting the EA app - which actually happened upon restarting my computer - trying to open EIG with the EA app opening along with it, then quitting it again when the launcher pops up, and repeat this process over and over until EIG eventually works.

I don't know. It's just a thought that popped into my mind because it working at some point and not the other has something to do with the way the EA app is started for whatever reason.

EDIT: Okay, looks like yesterday it randomly worked again!!!
    I guess it's a once-in-three-days thing for me, lmao
    Post edited by earthgirl on
    NK4koaX.png
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    It works for me if I use the EIG batch program to start EIG instead of using the EIG button in CAW.
    edited March 11
    What is the EIG batch program? Where do I get that?

It worked again for me for a couple of days last week and made some progress on my current world, which I'm quite proud of. I'll still keep on building in-game, play-test it and drop the new lots in the world file when I can. I'm pretty content with that right now.
    NK4koaX.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited March 14
    I found this thing but haven't tried it yet (so I guess it should come with a "use at own risk" warning! :P). I haven't tried to open the Create a World tool or 'Edit in game' lately because I've spent time playing the game instead, but I may try this thing one of these days when I should feel like it again..

Link: Mod The Sims - Batch file to easily open EIG

*edit: There is a user there who says they can no longer open their world after trying this, so as always, don't try anything new without having a safe backup of your stuff...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited March 22
    So far so good, EIG has been working for me everyday lately and I managed to finish the unpopulated version of the world I had in the works.
    Don't ask me what happened or how I managed to make it work because I have no idea. I believe the creative gods really wanted me to complete this world since it meant so much to me.

There is hope. I believe flexing the muscles at the EIG button pretty often while I open CAW did it. I'm not sure. Just sayin'
    NK4koaX.png