Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be included in the base game of The Sims 5?

YumengYumeng Posts: 122 Member
Multiple choices or others, please reply.

By the way, can cats walk or sleep on a wall in The Sims 4?
I need zodiac signs, half-tile walls&half walls&foundations, half walls&foundations with a height of 0.5 times, inverted half walls&foundations, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
Post edited by Yumeng on

What should be included in the base game of The Sims 5? 76 votes

Season/ZodiacSign/Hospital/BloodType/Alien
14%
bandit5PlayerSinger2010GothangelBariSaxyTeeSeaLewanaM00nmeepweepMikayla_Rose_GrahamskipItsGamerRachLeucosiaX 11 votes
Daycare/Primary(High)School/Restaurant/Zoo/Pet
10%
becks1112BeethabeautymikaSAEldarinSupercoolrubyjuloks2AthenaditeTabiCaitlin 8 votes
Want/Fear/Memory/LongTermAspiration/HalfAGrid
26%
EvvieSimmerJueJueCynnaSerraNolwenSuniroseAeroprincess87coldplay2233Glimmer50tangledwingsbizuktagLiELFmusteniHorrorgirl6SimTrippyOceancatYumengPotsaesimmeroriginProvidentiaAnna879 20 votes
MoreCeilings/SpiralStaircase/Elevator/Escalator
2%
Paulmarch76SHKatzchen 2 votes
WashingMachine/VacuumCleaner/Broom/Mop
5%
ChangkraSarah26CatDorjidrukstylesdruk 4 votes
AirConditioner/RainGutter/Downspout/Tatami
0%
Car/SwimmingPool/Landline/Newspaper/Bookstore
17%
bekiCinebarLizzychicagoClassicalSimChadSims2EnkiSchmidtDianesimsCoconut27Mread1wickerpeachAnnieGoesThedasMillerMeteorCharlieBleu 13 votes
Others
23%
BluegayleCK213catmom1987simgirl1010goodcakebaker62CoryMachwaterywatermelonrjssimKrayzieStrykerLenny_Oggking_of_simcity7FlapSERVERFRALady_BalloraWildIrishBansheeTStimberwolfebrietasPandoraTO 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    YumengYumeng Posts: 122 Member
    I am very looking forward to be able to use walls and various items with half a grid in The Sims 5.
    And I am also very looking forward to Zodiac Signs, more ceilings and the Wants/Fears/Memories/Long Term Aspirations in The Sims 5.
    I need zodiac signs, half-tile walls&half walls&foundations, half walls&foundations with a height of 0.5 times, inverted half walls&foundations, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,108 Member
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 171 Member
    Well, LBY is already confirmed to have Laundry in the base game, so the chances are high it will not be another dlc again.

As to the others, Zodiac signs I never used before, not my thing, so I'd appreciate them having little to no effect if included again. Cars would come naturally with an open world, which I have wanted since TS3. Editable ceilings could be nice, but I wouldn't mind if they waited until an expansion pack, or later patch.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    I think the Zodiac Signs would be a cool edition and Seasons should be free on principal, and having to pay for hospitals is a little weird. Mostly what I want to see in Sims 5 is more doctors offices like eye doctors, dentists, and such. Like only going to a hospital but not anywhere else is kind of weird to me. Spiral staircases would be nice too though 😅😅
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,459 Member
    Want/Fear/Memory/LongTermAspiration/HalfAGrid !!

Wants and Fears tied to an Aspiration Meter with core aspirations (Fortune, Family. Popularity, Creativity, Romance, Knowledge, Exploration, Pleasure) are really what I want
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,208 Member
    Others
    Horses & weather I can dream can't I?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,153 Member
    Others
    Way more than their competitions, otherwise who even cares.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I will not purchase another Sims game without cars I learned my lesson so this will always be my top want. At this point if they don't add cars to Sims 5 I will switch to a game that gives me it be it Paralives or Life by You which both have said I get cars I won't settle for less again thinking they will eventually deliver such a basic life simulator feature to the Sims after release.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Others
    I would like at least weather (rain and sun), even if they choose to add proper seasons later, and I also expect that pets will become a free update so they can monetize more pet items without gatekeeping ppl.

and cars, ofc. they made us wait a whole generation for it, hope next gen cars to be present since day one ;)
  • Options
    MillerMeteorMillerMeteor Posts: 26 Member
    cars and garage doors are very important to me. There is a lack of car models in the game, and the existing ones are ugly.

In the hypothesis of a Sims 5 with the return of an open world (I hope so), I find it interesting to redevelop cars as objects to be maintained (accidents, brake checks, workshop repairs) and customize.

Beside hoping for half-tiles walls, I still wish that we get the return of spiral stairs. And concerning the walls, I think it's important to modify their thickness, especially because the walls would have a certain relief with the incrustation of the windows and doors. And it's more realistic.

I also wish the come back of the possible association between walls and foundations, counting as a level of the build, in the goal to have an underground like on the picture (it's way more difficult to make in the Sims 4, especially on consoles)
    https://amazsims.fr/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/tuto-garage-9-carreaux-10.jpg

Reworking the rounding system of the walls/pools seems as well very important to me.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    Others
    of course everyone wants everything included in basegame.
    but we all know that this won't happen because EA wants to sell their packs ;)
    i don't put my expectations high after all the disappointments of sims 4 😱
    and i don't think it will get better with sims 5.
    my hopes are with the other competitors and hopefully EA will wake up anytime soon.
    a plain base game would do it for me if it is well done.
    there will be enough to explore.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Others
    Well alot more than Sims 4 Base Game at the least. Advancing the franchise. And bring back Open World and Cars ;)
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I mean all of the above would be the most amazing and ideal, but I know EA would never :D I chose my answer mainly because cars and swimming pools are a must. I really hope with all of their competitors in the life sim genre making their games open world, that they would choose to do the same. But even open neighborhoods is better than what TS4 has given. Also in regards to the bookstore, I think there should definitely be active shopping lots that let you shop for multiple things, or at least have a basic shopping district to buy basic things such as new books, instruments, clothing, groceries and flowers for maybe different table centerpieces or just bouquets to give as gifts. The possibilities seem endless, but also my bar is so extremely low because of how EA seems to cut corners and rush things just to make quick money, so yeah haha.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Aliens are critically important for me in the game. I need to know that EA hasn't forgotten the occults that have been in it from the beginning.
  • Options
    tangledwingstangledwings Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't care that much if features are included with DLC rather than the base game, I only want the DLC to be well integrated into the existing game rather than off on its own separate island. We shouldn't have multiple farming/growing systems that don't overlap, or farming not effected by seasons, or multiple cooking skills/jobs that don't overlap. We shouldn't have a university degree that doesn't give you access to high-education jobs like professor and doctor. The problem with putting this stuff into DLC, for me, is not the money, it's the disjointed "flat" experience from not integrating new DLC properly into existing content.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    Others
    Wants-Fears/Memories/LongTermAspiration/Weather-Seasons/ALIENS
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Others
    Bugs :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    I really like how completing wants give you rewards points to be spent in the reward store. I like being able to give my sims special traits and potions so they can do better. Fears is okay if I only get them once. I can't stand getting the same one 5 times.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    Also all the life stage
    Baby (but no object baby but babies in Sims 2 and 3.)
    Infants
    Toddlers
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young Adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder.
  • Options
    TMone54TMone54 Posts: 36 Member
    All of the above.

ditto... :)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,715 Member
    I feel like seasons and pets should be included in base game. of course all life stages.
  • Options
    stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    I think it should be top priority for the base game to include all life stages of the past, and to include adequate clothing , shoes, glasses, hearing aids, etc. in base game. I also think base game should give height personalization, including dwarfism and gigantism possible. And, I think base game should include everything of the basics of the house, such as laundry, dish-washing,, vaccuuming, dusting, mopping, sweeping, window-washing, mirror-washing, etc.

If Sims includes everything in basic hygiene of the house and sim in base game it will increase the player's real-life hygiene of self and home. Kind of like Sims 4 taught players to wash their hands after using the toilet.

Also, we should have to use a grocery store from base game onward, or use grocery deliveries. With it realistic, where they aren't always out of stock or close to it in everything.

I think base game should also include weather, seasons, and yearly aging that's realistic. But, these kinds of parts of games are traditionally in expansion packs, so I'll be okay if they're an expansion again.

Most importantly is including the whole family in life stages they did in previous games, and giving us all basic chores of our home so people don't hate and neglect real-life chores. And, make the chores multi-taskable. Let us listen to music, books on CD, or learn languages while we clean. Let us sing and dance while we do chores, too, it could mean we're happy.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    To me, making the Sims seem as if they live and breathe is most important in any life simulation game. It doesn't make sense to have to wait years for particular emotions or trait types. For example, TS4 is nearly ten years old and a shy trait still doesn't exist. (Shy and loner traits are not the same at all, if that is what EA was thinking.)

I would like EA to hire a psychologist again, in order to help them to create believable and distinct personalities, right from the start. If they can do that, I would consider the base game complete, as TS1 and TS2 were complete games upon launch. Everything else would be icing on the cake.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,344 Member
    Others
    Seasons and Pets for sure.