Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What city do you think these Sims 4 maps come from?

I've seen gallery Sims and Lots inspired by real places or towns. What city could be based off of Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and/or Newcrest?

I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    New Orleans. Phoenix AZ, Boulder City NV, or Simi Valley CA. Any small midwest town like Gas City, Anderson, Frankfort, Springfield, Peoria...
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    In my opinion, I feel that Oasis Springs has a Nevada feel to it (Area 51). The reason is, that if you own Get to Work, which has the Science Career. The Science Career building is set in a desert location that looks like it could be just on the outskirts of Oasis Springs. If you have played this career, eventually your sim is able to go to Sixam, an alien home planet, and interact with aliens.

With Newcrest, not sure what town(s) it could be based on, but to me Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade (which comes with Get to Work) feel like they could all be in the same town.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I agree that Willow Creek and Magnolia Promenade are Deep South, probably outside New Orleans. Oasis Springs and Strangerville are Southwest. I agree Nevada makes the most sense for all of the reasons listed above.

I think Newcrest is Mid-Atlantic, not Southern, not New England (Brindleton Bay), but somewhere in between. It could also be Midwest, but I get an East coast feel from it. Maybe Delaware or Kentucky.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The Weather Realism Overhaul mod I use tunes weather in each world to match real world locations. I adore this mod. It's staple in my game and pretty accurate in my opinion.
    Oasis Springs, Science Lab: Phoenix, Arizona

Willow Creek, Hospital, Police Station, Magnolia Promenade: Shreveport, Louisiana

Newcrest: Vancouver, BC

Granite Falls: Lungern, Switzerland

Windenburg: Rostock, Germany

San Myshuno: Istanbul, Turkey

Forgotten Hollow: Reykjavik, Iceland

Brindleton Bay: Portland, Maine

Selvadorada: Manacapuru, Brazil

Del Sol Valley: Los Angeles, California

Strangerville: Roswell, New Mexico

Sulani: St.Lucia

Glimmerbrook: Cascade Gorge, Oregon

Britechester, Henford-on-Bagley: Oxford, UK

Evergreen Harbor: Trieste, Italy

Mt. Komorebi: Sapporo, Japan

Tartosa: Palermo, Italy

Moonwood Mill: Sinaia, Romania

Copperdale: Ticonderoga, New York

San Sequoia: San Francisco, California

The Sims team has a location in mind when they create these worlds even if it's loosely based on a place. Example: It was confirmed that San Sequoia was supposed to be inspired by San Francisco, CA.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited April 2023
    Oasis Springs still reminds me of Mexico & Spain. ;)
    As for Willow Creek & Newcrest, they just remind me of Sunset Valley. Zzz...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I don't see Henford as Oxford, that being a major university city. Somewhere in rural Oxfordshire or another Cotswolds county seems more fitting.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Sulani: St.Lucia

That's ... that's the wrong region, Sulani is very polynesian coded. Polynesia and the Caribbean are not even remotely close to each other, and though they both have tropical climate with two seasons, they're not interchangeable and don't even happen at the same dates.

(I'm aware you're not the modder, I was just pointing it out)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Oldeseadogge Probably similar weather, though? which is what the mod is for

Switzerland is an interesting choice for Granite Falls... but why not just use Granite Falls?

(I continue to maintain that Granite Falls is the best Granite Falls)
    https://www.alltrails.com/us/washington/granite-falls
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYWxsdHJhaWxzLmNvbSIsImtleSI6InVwbG9hZHMvcGhvdG8vaW1hZ2UvMjkzMTc0NDQvYzFkZTI0ZjYyMWZjN2RiODM0NjRlMTZjYmE1YTg5ZmEuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsidG9Gb3JtYXQiOiJqcGVnIiwicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjo1MDAsImhlaWdodCI6NTAwLCJmaXQiOiJpbnNpZGUifSwicm90YXRlIjpudWxsLCJqcGVnIjp7InRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pc2VTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZSwicXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uVGFibGUiOjN9fX0=
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I always think of Oasis Springs as the outskirts of Las Vegas.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have downloaded the mod and excited to see how it works. I have never really used mods before but I'm enjoying trying various ones out.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    One of the locations in Oasis Springs references Yuma. This can be a reference to a city, a desert or a tribe, but all three are located in Arizona.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    I think Copperdale is lower Appalachia. Mining is prominent in that region. Also Ash Harjo used y'all in the advertisements. Don't think that's New York.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I agree that Willow Creek and Magnolia Promenade are Deep South, probably outside New Orleans. Oasis Springs and Strangerville are Southwest. I agree Nevada makes the most sense for all of the reasons listed above.

I think Newcrest is Mid-Atlantic, not Southern, not New England (Brindleton Bay), but somewhere in between. It could also be Midwest, but I get an East coast feel from it. Maybe Delaware or Kentucky.

I'm amused at your words, regarding Newcrest. I use that for the Settlements in the 18th century, that ultimately became East Tennessee. It's so non-descript, I would be hard-pressed to assign an actual location for it. But, we all have our own ideas on the matter. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    telemwill wrote: »

I'm amused at your words, regarding Newcrest. I use that for the Settlements in the 18th century, that ultimately became East Tennessee. It's so non-descript, I would be hard-pressed to assign an actual location for it. But, we all have our own ideas on the matter. :)

Yes, that's the awesome thing about it.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    San Myshuno is Japan
    Willow Creek is Louisiana
    Oasis Springs is either Arizona or Nevada
    Strangerville is either Area 51 or Roswell
    Sulani has to be Hawaii or somewhere in Polynesia
    We know San Seqouia is San Francisco
    Always thought Tartosa was Greece. If not somewhere close by
    Granite Falls is like Seattle or PNW in general
    Selvadorada is South America
    Del Sol Valley is Los Angeles
    Windenburg is in Europe somewhere
    I heard Britechester is supposed to be in England specifically, that was surprising to me
    Henford-on-Bagley gives me Ireland vibes
    Mt. Komorebi is Japan

That’s all I remember
    Post edited by Future on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Windenburg & Henford always reminded me of England, Germany, France, Ireland & Scotland.
    Tartosa reminds me of Greece & Rome.
    Sulani to me is Hawaii.
    Brindleton Bay always seems to look like Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia, Canada.
    Copperdale, Granite Falls & Moonwood Mill reminds me of British Columbia, Canada.
    Selvadorada is like South America.

PS: These worlds are so my favorites. <3B):p;)

• RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2023
    Willow Creek: As everyone else said, New Orleans

Oasis Springs: Either Arizona or specifically Palm Springs, California

Newcrest: I feel like despite the scenery being nondescript, there are a lot of background buildings that are reused shells from Willow Creek, so also New Orleans

Granite Falls: Anywhere that Yellowstone covers, so maybe somewhere like Wyoming

Magnolia Promenade: New Orleans, again

Windenburg: Germany or maybe Switzerland

San Myshuno: Sometimes I see people say it looks like New York, but as someone who lived in New York, I just don’t see it. San Myshuno screams West Coast to me, so I’d say it’s a San Francisco stand in

Forgotten Hollow: Honestly, I feel like this could be anywhere. It’s just that one spooky street in the neighborhood you grew up in lol

Brindleton Bay: Maine

Selvadorada: Brazil

Del Sol Valley: LA

Strangerville: Roswell, New Mexico

Sulani: Samoa or Hawaii

Glimmerbrooke: Pacific Northwest USA

Evergreen Harbor: Seattle

Moonwood Mill: Pacific Northwest USA

Copperdale: Rust Belt USA or Appalachian USA

San Sequoia: San Francisco again