Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Love Bed Reassemble?

ยซ13
Will the new basement lovebed reassemble? Can the broken items be repaired? Maybe even the greenhouse it a kit that can be assembled like the treehouse and the rocket?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    edited April 2023
    I haven't seen any of the team address any functionality for these broken objects. We'll find out tomorrow!
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I expect it to be clutter and nothing more. Gameplay kits are dead.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I expect it to be clutter and nothing more. Gameplay kits are dead.

Sad but true
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Will the new basement lovebed reassemble? Can the broken items be repaired? Maybe even the greenhouse it a kit that can be assembled like the treehouse and the rocket?

Iโ€™m brave enough to say that Iโ€™ll purchase the Modern Menswear Kit if any of this is possible. In other words, I hope so, but I highly doubt it.

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    I use very little clutter. Clutter raises taxes and bills and does not contribute to skill building and meeting needs. I cannot afford to have clutter on my lots. I have no use for an unusable bed!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I use very little clutter. Clutter raises taxes and bills and does not contribute to skill building and meeting needs. I cannot afford to have clutter on my lots. I have no use for an unusable bed!

Same. Clutter does nothing but contribute to the item limit on a lot. Too much clutter aka too many items on a lot will make your game lag. And I play with walls down so I donโ€™t need wall art, curtains, none of that. Iโ€™d rather place gameplay objects my Sims can use than random items they donโ€™t even acknowledge.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    This is just a kit. I would be very surprised if we got a new functionality in a build kit. I won't make a bold statement like @CAPTAIN_NXR7 however. Just for the small chance there might be more to this item. No men in skirts in my game (unless we ever get scotts in kilts)
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    My guess is that weโ€™ll get the full heart bed in the hot update they mentioned a while back
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    My guess is that weโ€™ll get the full heart bed in the hot update they mentioned a while back

Unfortunately there was a Guru tweeted response to this suggestion saying that people thinking in that direction were "getting colder".
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    People are always talking about hints at future content.
    If that isn't one, then they are trolling us.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I love the look of a lived in home. I couldn't imagine no curtains, wall art, bathroom and kitchen clutter for my sims. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I'd imagine a lot of storytellers and builders feel the same way.
    I love clutter, even more with the new slots!

I like the bed being broken, I always thought it was too tacky to use haha.
  • Options
    If the bed cannot be reassembled, the people that have been asking for the bed will feel worse than if they had been given nothing.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2023
    I don't think so and it makes me sad
    and yeah i be angry if the heart bed never shows up as useable item after all this

I however think that if they add actual heart bed it should be base game update and maybe this item could support being fixed into that

then not only would it make sense its not in this kit (as it is also mostly about broken stuff not functioning stuff) it would also make sense as heart bed has been there since ts1 and it would hardly make sense to lock it behind kit completely

that all and they did say hot update... i do think heart bed would make splendid addition on side of hot update
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2023
    I love the look of a lived in home. I couldn't imagine no curtains, wall art, bathroom and kitchen clutter for my sims. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I'd imagine a lot of storytellers and builders feel the same way.

Yeah I would not build house with 0 decor and 0 clutter thats just kinda sad

but I also wouldn't do the full on maximalist/slob builds some people seem to like those stress me out :sweat_smile:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I think they have a habit of doing these things without fully considering the consequences. If it were me, I'd have kept this kit back until after the update, or released it at the same time as the update and had a feature that if you own the kit you could have a sim fix the bed and phone to the working ones if you wanted to (or just buy the working ones for extra simoleons).

Of course, that's assuming the update comes with the heart bed and landlines, which it may not. In which case, they were really not thinking at all.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2023
    I doubt it but I do actually think this could he a hint to future content perhaps ๐Ÿ‘€
    It's such an in your face (halerious) tease that I can't imagine it not being one.
    I love some people's reactions on Twitter ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I doubt it but I do actually think this could he a hint to future content perhaps ๐Ÿ‘€
    It's such an in your face (halerious) tease that I can't imagine it not being one.
    I love some people's reactions on Twitter ๐Ÿ˜‚

Agreed.

If the heart bed isn't a part of any "hot" update (as quoted by a guru), then maybe it'll be in one of the other two upcoming kits? Or a future pack? I can't see them torturing simmers with an unusable one after so many people have been asking for them to bring back that iconic bed to the Sims 4.

Not only would that be an asinine decision on EA's part, it would also be a counterproductive one....

Angry simmers, angry simmers everywhere. :|

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I like the bed being broken, I always thought it was too tacky to use haha.

I rarely used it, but at this point it has a big nostalgia factor because it was in every game. It was in Sims of course (Livin' Large), but also in Sims 2 (Apartment Life) and Sims 3 (High End Loft).
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Will the new basement lovebed reassemble?

No
    Can the broken items be repaired?

Nope
    Maybe even the greenhouse it a kit that can be assembled like the treehouse and the rocket?

Nah. But they did add a greenhouse as a room you can place using all the objects from the kit. Nothing for your Sims to assemble, sadly.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hiiii
    Of course I got both of the Kits hahah
    Ohhh I also read the description of the Love Bed and it seems like it is hinting at its return (the actual bed) in Finnish one day... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Hiiii
    Of course I got both of the Kits hahah
    Ohhh I also read the description of the Love Bed and it seems like it is hinting at its return (the actual bed) in Finnish one day... :open_mouth:

@ULIBABA66 after your previous comments I definitely wasn't expecting you to purchase the kits. ๐Ÿ˜„ I hope you enjoy them.
  • Options
    This is mainly about the basement kit, because the green house kit looks decent for what it is.

Let me start by saying I do want some of the items. As a builder I can already see where I'd use them. But, I'm also disappointed. I need some time to get over my disappointment.

The disassembled decorative love bed is, I think, supposed to be funny. And I guess it sort of is... but it's also a bummer. The plant from Sims 1 is nice I guess, but it's just a plant and I have tons of those now. I like the crate of vinyls and the console tv, they look like things I saw as a kid, but everything else is just okay. The furniture doesn't look like anything anyone I knew owned or anything from past games. It's just ratty like the werewolves stuff. One tweet implied we might know the Sims in the photos. Are they Sims from other games at least?

I don't know. Something about their tweets made it sound like this kit was going to be very nostalgic, and it just isn't hitting me that way.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sounds like it'd defeat the purpose if these said broken items could be fixed. Hence the nostaglia behind them showing how outdated they are. I love the look of them. Love the broken tv, BUT I also wish there was a functional one of it though a tv sitting on top of a broken tv hits so close as I remember when my grandmother's had broke and the new one was on top because she wasn't going to throw it away along with putting other crap on top of it.

I like clutter in sims homes. Enough where some look a little lived in to a lot lived in. Found the inside of homes to look very boring and bland without some hint of home life of personality in a sims home. Making money in the sims is easy.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    I bought both kits. I buy everything. Mostly I end out using things in a way that is not intended. I enjoy irony and dichotomy. I have no idea what I will do with some of this stuff yet, but I am sure I will find a use for the most unuseful things.