Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do I reinstall all the store content

how do I reinstalled all the store content by redownloading, I cannot find out where to do this on the AE site. I am so upset I love the sims 3 and now I cannot play. I was playing a survival game and there is no tent and so many other sims, my sim is into martial arts and how there is no poll to continue. so where is all the content, I do not see it anywhere on the AE page where do I download the game. appreciate any help you can give.
I do not want to play the sims 4, I love the sims 3 Please if you can help me I would appreciate it so much. I am so hart broken as I cannot play.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have no idea how to help you as I'm still on 1.67 and don't have Origin or the new app.

You might find an answer, or a place to ask a question of someone who might know how to help you. It is pinned at the top of this forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003980/the-ea-app-and-the-sims-3-how-to-report-bugs-and-why-its-important#latest
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    Have you tried downloading from the Sims store?
    Doesn't TS3 still use the Launcher? The Launcher is what installs the Store stuff...
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Have you tried downloading from the Sims store?
    Doesn't TS3 still use the Launcher? The Launcher is what installs the Store stuff...

I have tried that but it says that a expansion pack is not installed. I think that my problem is that I deleted all Origin files and I am not sure if I can get it back. I have sent a help to EA about my expansion pk I am so down as I think that I will have to be playing the sims 4. or else play the sims 3 without of the stuff. and that is hard to do.
    edited April 2023
    I cannot find a way to reinstall Origin so I guess that is that. I wonder if I buy the world adventure pk again if it would work but I do not want to buy it if it still will not workl wonder what would happen if I bought the sims 3 again in steam
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I cannot find a way to reinstall Origin so I guess that is that. I wonder if I buy the world adventure pk again if it would work but I do not want to buy it if it still will not workl wonder what would happen if I bought the sims 3 again in steam

At this point, you have no choice but to download the new EA app, Origin is obsolete. I totally recommend rebuying on steam. However, make sure you reregister the games properly.

At this point, you have no choice but to download the new EA app, Origin is obsolete. I totally recommend rebuying on steam. However, make sure you reregister the games properly.

I would love to play on steam but when I went out there, to get all that I have on EA it would cost me 300 dollars to buy all that stuff, although I do have a lot of the sims 3 disk. I could do it that way. I already have the EA app, but I cannot get my stuff back. I have put into EA help and am waiting to see if the will reinstall World Adventure
    edited April 2023
    I hate to say this but I am looking into sims 4. do not know if I will like it or now, it is not as great as sims 3. do not know what I will be doing.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2023

I would love to play on steam but when I went out there, to get all that I have on EA it would cost me 300 dollars to buy all that stuff, although I do have a lot of the sims 3 disk. I could do it that way. I already have the EA app, but I cannot get my stuff back. I have put into EA help and am waiting to see if the will reinstall World Adventure

Hopefully steam will put them on sale again. I got all mine for 70.00 But origin is no longer available to use, only other option is disks or EA app, unfortunately. The store itself is also very glitchy, its been telling me I don't own half the items that I do in fact own.

As for Sims 4, it is free on steam I believe, you can always give it a try and see if you enjoy or it or not.=)
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited April 2023
    Even on a fresh 1.67 install, without Origin or the EA app, the store gave me fits installing my purchased items. First I would bring up the item in the store. If I couldn't download from there, I would bring it up in my Purchase History and use the download button there. If that failed (for exclusive content), I checked the box on the item in my purchases and use the download button at the top of the page.

I had to try some of them many times before they would finally download them to the Launcher.

Eventually, after two full days, I got everything installed.

Maybe perseverance will pay off in the EA app as well.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I just reinstalled Sims 3 after a couple years, and the only way I found to reinstall store items was in-game through the downloads dashboard. Which still has problems, I get a lot of download errors for no discernable reason. Also the interface is horrible, it just has pages and pages of random names, with very little indication of what is a set, and what's a single item from a set.

The Sims Store website is useless. Every where I go it says "You own this item, click to download". Then when I click it gets an error message "You don't own this item". Product page, purchase history, individual item page, don't work.

And now, I'm getting the "invalid email/password" error and can't even log in any more.

Back in '19, I went and downloaded every one of my purchases from the store onto a backup drive, for when they inevitably close down the store, and of course, now none of those work.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    I'm glad I am not the only one with issues navigating the new EA App. It's not as simple as going to the Sims 3 store anymore if tied to the EA app. It requires digging through the EA website to get to your account settings, navigating to your purchase history, sending a security code to your email that you must enter into the website, finding the serial number of your purchase, navigating to the Sims 3 store to enter in the number, then downloading it into your Sims 3 launcher, then installing it.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464