Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite and least favorite aspects of Sims 2?

becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
I'll start.
Favorite: The sims themselves. They are never better than in TS2, IMO.
Least favorite: No one else ages. Big bummer.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited October 2022
    favorite: the drama the romance
    least favourite: body preset labeled fat is not even fat and it gets me everytime how they could even call that fat in early 2000s

like am fat aight but that ain't see bread sims 2
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Favorite: The interactions between sims. They are so well animated, varied, and fun. I miss the play menu as well as interests when talking.
    Least favorite: The inability to correctly use objects when placed at a 45 degree angle (e.g. sofas no longer sit 2 people).
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Favorite - the great attention to detail, even the little things that makes this version the best of the bunch. That and the sims themselves, so expressive and like little people.

Least favorite - will think of something eventually
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What used to be my least favorite is now my most favorite, and that is how they age in the game.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Most like is the ability to create our own neighborhoods. I had several custom neighborhoods I loved playing, using maps I'd created in SimCity 4, and I can't reproduce that experience in either TS3 or TS4. Most dislike would be the amount of notifications that popped up, and having to constantly (manually) buy groceries.
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 78 Member
    I love the little sims people. The least fav would be the lifespan but you can cheat and have aging off
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The neighborhoods is a serious plus! Every lot there functions. No set dressing unless we choose to put it there for a specific purpose. No wasted space and community lots are multi-purpose if we want.

Actually, going grocery shopping can be one of the fun things. It gets the sims out of the house, is a real game play activity, real shopping basket, actual exchange of money with a clerk, and the possibility of meeting either new sims or friends so is a social boost. Things have purpose, not an everything is automatic la-la land.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My favorite aspect is definitely every household being its own save. Knowing I will return to the exact moment I left my sims returns so much control over the time flow that got lost in Sims 3 and 4.

I think I would have put Wants and Fears as my least favorite aspect, but now that I got used to how Sims 4 venues work, my new least fav aspect is not being able to edit community lots while being there with my sim.
  • ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    My favorite...It's a hard one, I love almost everything about The Sims 2 xD Hmmm... I guess I can say the thing I miss the most whenever I play the other Sims games is the personality system of The Sims 2. I love how every sim I've played was different from each other and I love the sims themselves :3
    And my least favorite issss... I guess, no one else aging up?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    My favorite aspect is definitely every household being its own save. Knowing I will return to the exact moment I left my sims returns so much control over the time flow that got lost in Sims 3 and 4.

I think I would have put Wants and Fears as my least favorite aspect, but now that I got used to how Sims 4 venues work, my new least fav aspect is not being able to edit community lots while being there with my sim.

Hi :)
    boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
    will allow you to edit the lot with your Sim there. It won't be permanent and it will cost your Sim (kaching); if you don't mind cheats.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    @Rflong7 Oh, good to know! Thank you!

Having a non permanent-solution is good enough in many cases (like that one time when a lot divider blocked access to a cash register). I can continue playing and then permanently edit the lot later.
  • Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    I love the worlds in Sims 3 but in a way also appreciate the simplicity of editing neighborhoods in The Sims 2. I also really liked the idea of having a main neighborhood and being able to add a Downtown and a Business district to create more room for living and community lots. The Sims themselves and the animations are also great.

Loving The Sims 3, I find it hard being restricted to one lot in The Sims 2 now whenever I do play, and how much less easily the game is designed for controlling life spans and aging.
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Favorite: I love the different life states, they are all unique & fun to play as.
    Least favorite: comparing it to the Sims 3 & 4, the gardening & fishing aspects are pretty basic.