Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers - do you level them to level 3 or level 5 before aging them up?

For me it depends on my family and story. WHat about you guys?

Comments

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    5. I play with aging off and and as soon as all 5 skills are maxed out, they get aged up immediately after.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2023
    Yep. Unless it's the odd one off where I need them to not be their best (or I'm testing something). Otherwise, I strive for success.

I usually play on long, so it's usually level 5. Then I take advantage of collecting points for whims and pick away at character values.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I play with normal aging, so up to level 3 is usually about as high as I can get. I've only been able to get all the skills up to level 5 two or three times with very good circumstances.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I also play with aging off so they get to skill level 5 before they are aged up. Now that we have milestones I also try to get all of those I can before aging up also.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Level 5.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Used to be level 3 but now that all the ages are longer think my todds will easily reach 5.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so give my toddlers the highest toddler skills & I also give them some traits thanks to the cheat codes. (That's through Vanilla play) :p
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    On normal aging with my playstyle, most toddlers get to 3 on everything, and only a very few get to 5.
    Which I like. I like having only a few be gifted children who learn skills really easily. Similarly, I often don't manage to complete a child aspiration, and that's OK too because I don't want to have only gifted teens/adults.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It depends on the toddler. I typically have the first born max their skills because I have less sims to worry about. Usually by kid 3, I just cheat their skills or let them do their own thing. Same thing with child skills as well, even though no one asked. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    At least three, but lately I just go for level 5. I find that normal lifespan is juuust enough time to get them to max all the skills if I micromanage them, and I've gotten pretty good at it.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I mostly go to 5 to earn the reward trait. Unfortunately that is not working anymore but I add the trait with cheats if my toddlers meet the requirements.
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    The highest they can get to on each skill, and then age them up.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    3. I play on a normal lifespan.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I level them up to 5. I like to think that the levels represent age appropriate skills. So having mostly level three skills means the toddler is around three years old. When all the skills are level 5, they are ready for school and ready to age up to children.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I get the Happy Toddler trait regardless if my toddlers get to level 3 or 5 since an update a while ago.

So unless I feel like "cheating" and changing the trait after my toddler get to level 5 and still end up with Happy Toddler, I just don't try to get it anymore.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Normal lifespan is how I usually play so I hardly ever get it to 5. More likely they age up with 3.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I usually aim for level 5, on normal lifespan, and can usually get it though with the slide and stuffed toy glitch recently, one of my sims didn’t max two of her skills 😔.
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    I like to get to 5.I use the long lifespan
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

If I'm playing the toddlers, yes, I work on getting their skills up to lvl 5 if I can. (no cheats)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Depends on the sim and what I have planned on the future for them. I always max walking and potty and communication, the other two I leave at 3 depending of if they’re going to be like… a musician or painter or a scientist. My “smart” kids tend to get higher thinking skill.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,555 Member
    5. I play on Long with autonomy on. For the most part, (other than Potty Training) they manage to skill themselves up. Only upon occasion need I step-in, as it were.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I play with aging turned off and always max out the toddler skills to get the Top Notch Toddler trait.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I micromanage the toddlers and they can all get to 5 within in the normal lifespan.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    For me, it's however far they can get on a normal lifespan. Depending on my current storyline and the number of sims in a household, that can be anywhere from level 1 to 5.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I mostly play on Long now, so it’s plenty of time to get all level 5 skills, particularly since I have the Education Overhaul mod which helps raise skills when toddlers are at preschool. I’ve never had them get to level 5 on Normal with all of the skills, usually Movement and maybe one other. I do usually manage to get level 3, though. One thing I have noticed is that you don’t actually have to max out the Potty skill, although it is useful to get it to level 2 so they can go on their own (if they don’t have the Independent trait).