Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The infant's hunger motive is going down while eating finger foods. Is that supposed to happen? Works fine for the other feeding option though.

@JimG72 That's got to be a bug. Would you consider submitting a report at answers.ea.com ?

When I was playing yesterday, it worked fine. Each time the infant took a bite of the finger foods, there was a little improvement in the hunger meter. So I'm not sure what happened before but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    The infant's hunger motive is going down while eating finger foods. Is that supposed to happen? Works fine for the other feeding option though.

@JimG72 That's got to be a bug. Would you consider submitting a report at answers.ea.com ?

When I was playing yesterday, it worked fine. Each time the infant took a bite of the finger foods, there was a little improvement in the hunger meter. So I'm not sure what happened before but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

I tested it out yesterday too and found the same. Maybe something in the patch corrected it.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    edited March 2023
    I discovered that when I rotated to play another household then went back to the household I was previously playing the infant had lost all her milestones and it’s impossible to get them back again. I m so annoyed. I like playing rotationally and this is going to ruin it.

Before anyone mentions it. No I don’t have CC or mods. I never have, it’s a completely vanilla game.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @brackencat31 oh no! Why would they do that? EA really has no love for rotational players.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    @elanorbreton its really frustrating. I ve tested two households now, and both infants have lost all their milestones. There was a thread on the EA help page with lots of others having the same issue but I can’t find it now.
    I ve never used mods or CC so it can’t be that. I get bored playing one family so think I ll have a sims break and wait for update. If they ever do fix it, that is.
    @elanorbreton its really frustrating. I ve tested two households now, and both infants have lost all their milestones. There was a thread on the EA help page with lots of others having the same issue but I can’t find it now.
    I ve never used mods or CC so it can’t be that. I get bored playing one family so think I ll have a sims break and wait for update. If they ever do fix it, that is.
    I feel your pain. I just decided to do my rotations in different saves to keep from getting rotational hassles (one family per save). My sims already lose relationships if I rotate away, I don't want my infants losing their milestones.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @JimG72 @Lilia1971 Thanks for saying so, great to hear that it is fixed :)

I am very focused on bugs at the moment as I'm waiting for the loose tooth bug and the milestones bugs to be fixed before I buy the Growing Together pack. @brackencat31 here's the thread you are looking for with that milestone bug
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-resetting-disappearing/td-p/12394945

And here is the full list of Growing Together open issues, from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/12357394#M241746
    Bike

[OPEN] Sim just stands there trying to teach bike riding (X_xGamefyrex_X)
    [NEEDS SAVES] Sims riding their bikes through building interiors (Hemisphaerica)

CAS Asset

[OPEN] [GRO] Sweater makes child stretch to the side (Zoomed out) (Mtralk4)

Milestones

[OPEN] Milestone doesn't show up in one of the 2 sims (DeEchteVrouw)
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' milestone after giving birth at hospital rabbit hole (unicornpiggiez)
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' Milestone after having Science Babies (KinkyWelder)
    [OPEN] Pull to Stand Milestone Taking Several Times (GLambender)
    [OPEN] Study Numbers toddler milestone can't be completed (Odyssey81418)
    [OPEN] Toddler milestone 'Max movement skill' won't complete (Illandrya)
    [OPEN] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing (durango1906)

Outfits/Appearance/Voice

[OPEN] Child's appearance changes drastically when tooth falls out (cfish)
    [OPEN] Sims change appearance (furdypurple)

Splash Pads/Baby Rug

[OPEN] Immobile infants only use one swatch of baby rug (moxhollow)
    gen3-banner.png
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    On my saves my child sims lost the milestone for bike riding when played with another household.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Is everyone checking 'me too' on the bug report? Crinrict also wanted to know if this is happening only with rotational households or also when just traveling and returning to the same household.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member

I had no idea that they took anything into account for merbabies, especially since they aren’t true merfolk until the teen life stage. They need a merman or mermaid form for that. Maybe I could find a mod that can help with that.

Still really cool!

Historically, I have had a mermaid mother try and carry her son while swimming when he was a toddler, completely glitched when she did that. There’s an island on Mua Pel’Am where that can happen.

For now, I definitely think a lot more development is needed to really flesh out gameplay for merfolk younger than the child life stage, and merchildren require mods for their merman or mermaid form. MerNewborns don’t even have a bassinet!

This is something I will absolutely remember!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I'm trying to figure out just how much a sim can do with an infant on their back lol.

(I love that they can carry toddlers while having an infant on their back)
    Rn0686l.jpg

You can drag the whole family along for the mountain excursion even though only teens and older can actually participate in the climbing.
    eDP4NOx.png

As for routine activities, there's really no rhyme or reason as to what they can do with infants as far as I can tell.

They can do laundry, dig up collectables, fish and cook, but they can't do things like paint or wash dishes.
    cb51YTq.jpg
    PlPHRiM.png
    HCm50Qu.jpg
    nqFoPCC.jpg

I'm still exploring this too, let me know if there's anything you want me to try with an infant LOL.
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    I'm trying to figure out just how much a sim can do with an infant on their back lol.

Rn0686l.jpg

You can drag the whole family along for the mountain excursion even though only teens and older can actually participate in the climbing.
    eDP4NOx.png

As for routine activities, there's really no rhyme or reason as to what they can do with infants as far as I can tell.

They can do laundry, dig up collectables, fish and cook, but they can't do things like paint or wash dishes.
    cb51YTq.jpg
    PlPHRiM.png
    HCm50Qu.jpg
    nqFoPCC.jpg

I'm still exploring this too, let me know if there's anything you want me to try with an infant LOL.

Can they bike around with them on their backs? Would be funny if they could do something crazy like rocket building and upgrading with infants on their backs.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Can they bike around with them on their backs? Would be funny if they could do something crazy like rocket building and upgrading with infants on their backs.
    It would have been awesome if we'd had little seats appear on the back of the bikes for them. Or upgrade your bike to fit an infant seat.
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    It would have been awesome if we'd had little seats appear on the back of the bikes for them. Or upgrade your bike to fit an infant seat.

My mom had one of those little wagon/trailer things you attach to bikes and she'd bike around with me and a friend when we were little. That would be adorable to have in the game (though I'm not sure how well that would work with some of the maneuvers the bikes make sometimes...)
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member

Rn0686l.jpg

eDP4NOx.png

cb51YTq.jpg
    PlPHRiM.png
    HCm50Qu.jpg
    nqFoPCC.jpg

I've given up on the back carrier at the moment because my sims will not keep their infants in them for love nor money! They just take them out all the time. It is giving me strong high chair vibes! I think I will try again though after seeing your post. I absolutely love it when you post any pictures because I think you have the cutest little family and I love how the children seem to be involved with everything that you do. My poor sim children often must feel very neglected!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @KestrelDC Sadly they cannot bike or build rockets with infants on their back.

@kerryemmiebeth Aw, thanks. I do love having the kids involved but also it's just fun to see how much kids, toddlers, and now infants can interact with different items/in different worlds. I've honestly brought them everywhere at this point - the jungle, mountain excursion, and on the Strangerville mystery haha. The infant carrier is kind of annoying, definitely a bit glitchy because half the things I tell my sim to do, apparently they can't do it with an infant on their back
    edited April 2023
    @KestrelDC Sadly they cannot bike or build rockets with infants on their back.

@kerryemmiebeth Aw, thanks. I do love having the kids involved but also it's just fun to see how much kids, toddlers, and now infants can interact with different items/in different worlds. I've honestly brought them everywhere at this point - the jungle, mountain excursion, and on the Strangerville mystery haha. The infant carrier is kind of annoying, definitely a bit glitchy because half the things I tell my sim to do, apparently they can't do it with an infant on their back

The mental image of a group of Sims in hazmat suits fighting a mind controlling, sentient, alien plant while their babies chill in carriers on their backs is absolutely sending me! :D
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member

Rn0686l.jpg

eDP4NOx.png

cb51YTq.jpg
    PlPHRiM.png
    HCm50Qu.jpg
    nqFoPCC.jpg

Those images are great. Thanks for sharing so many ideas for activities to do with toddlers.

The one thing I miss is being able to take an infant into a tent while camping. The entire family can take shelter for the rain in a tent except infants who have to sleep out in the open. It feels so weird to leave the smallest member of the family out in the rain. I know people in real life who went camping with an infant so I know it is possible.
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 263 Member

Rn0686l.jpg

eDP4NOx.png

cb51YTq.jpg
    PlPHRiM.png
    HCm50Qu.jpg
    nqFoPCC.jpg

OMG! GREAT! my sim cant do any of this! they always take the infant out and put them on the floor lol!
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    awwwww the toddler and the infant are so cute
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    i love south park its an ok show

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top