Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting all of your infants milestones is hard work!

So far so good! But there's only 2 more days until she ages up to toddler. I may have to turn aging off until she's gotten all the milestones.

Speaking of...Does anyone know/have a link to somewhere that shows all of the infant milestones?

Comments

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I've been playing with aging off this whole time. It feels so natural and realistic the progression of the infant milestones and firsts, I haven't been grinding them at all and my infant has gained a few all on her own in her own time, I am just enjoying the experience.
  • Options
    VeijariStarlingVeijariStarling Posts: 14 New Member
    I've been trying to get all the milestones myself before aging up. It has been quite difficult that's for sure.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    is not enough time if play on default normal to get all milestones on the infants so i play on long.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I got 28 milestones in four days but not sleep through the night. But it did take one of the parents working with the infant every time she was awake!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I've never been so glad that I play with aging off.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I've never been so glad that I play with aging off.

I play with aging off and still found it frustrating lol. Plus infants seem like they take forever to gain energy bar but it drains super quickly.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am enjoying the infant life state and how hard it is and hope they don't change the difficulty of this stage. It makes it fun and a great story telling for my sims.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Is there any advantage to getting all the milestones?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Toddlers get skills and extra traits based on milestones achieved. So yes and no lol.
  • Options
    JungleEmpressJungleEmpress Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim had twins, hard work getting all the milestones before they age up. I hadn't gotten all of them and all of a sudden (after visiting another lot) my twins are back to square 1. They cant even sit in a highchair or learn to crawl anymore. Two days until age up!

Also, is anyone else getting annoyed at how the parents keep putting the infants in the crib or just doing what they like rather than follow the instructions given? I'm getting so frustrated!
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    My sim had twins, hard work getting all the milestones before they age up. I hadn't gotten all of them and all of a sudden (after visiting another lot) my twins are back to square 1. They cant even sit in a highchair or learn to crawl anymore. Two days until age up!

Also, is anyone else getting annoyed at how the parents keep putting the infants in the crib or just doing what they like rather than follow the instructions given? I'm getting so frustrated!

Yeah, mine keep putting them on they play mat and just totally ignoring what I’ve told them to do. Even if I cancel it they still do it, then have to pick them up again.
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    The preference for the playmat is annoying. I had one poor toddler with a very red energy bar, finally got mum to put him in the cot, dad picks him up and puts him on the play mat! Infant was understandably cranky.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    So far so good! But there's only 2 more days until she ages up to toddler. I may have to turn aging off until she's gotten all the milestones.

Speaking of...Does anyone know/have a link to somewhere that shows all of the infant milestones?

So is in real life :D
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I've been playing with aging off this whole time. It feels so natural and realistic the progression of the infant milestones and firsts, I haven't been grinding them at all and my infant has gained a few all on her own in her own time, I am just enjoying the experience.

Perfectly said! I'm having a blast with my infant. It's not meant to be rushed.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My infant didn't seem to want to learn crawling. Is there a trick to that? I was having her do tummy time, practice standing and also learn to crawl as often as she could do them.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My infant didn't seem to want to learn crawling. Is there a trick to that? I was having her do tummy time, practice standing and also learn to crawl as often as she could do them.

May just take awhile. I had to do learn to crawl a LOT to get that.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

May just take awhile. I had to do learn to crawl a LOT to get that.

She aged up and I feel like a failure. :D Hopefully I will have more luck with the next infant. :)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    @Sharonia it takes a bit of tummy time on the mat and they learn to turn over and do some other, grab toes, etc. It took a bit for my infant but he did finally learn to sit up. It was hard for him all wobbley. I have my aging off too to enjoy this first infant in my game and am having fun with the whole family. Grandparents staying over this is so enjoyable. I had the infant ask for tummy time from the adults at various times.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

I don't know the link. But, I asked Siri for sims 4 growing together Infant milestones and I did get a list that way.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I love, love , love this pack. BUT, they need to tone done the adult sims to infant. I just started a 100 Baby Challenge and my first baby was twin girls. I would be fine but I fought with mom on the twins. One was fed and diapered but the other after 2 sim hours of arguing with mom was in desperate need. She wouldn't go to the second twin, but kept trying to pick up the one that was ok. Mom's need was all green ( she's pregnant. But by the time she did what I told her to she peed herself, her hunger dropped down to very hungury and she went into labor. And I'm screaming at her to "DO AS I TELL YOU" and insert bad word here.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2023
    To be honest, outside of the milestones that allow the infants to sit & play, I don’t really care about the rest of them, lol. There’s just so many.
  • Options
    uquiuquiuquiuqui Posts: 23 Member
    I haven't gotten them all so far. To be honest I'm not sure if its even doable with aging turned on and normal life spans... But I did manage to get the Top Notch Infant trait and I'm pretty happy with that.