Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited March 2023
    @RandomMicrowaveTM @hellohannah2 I can't say where the line is for offsite blogs since I post both of my stories entirely on the forums, but I have been banned twice for my story Under The Tartosan Sun. I know in the message I received both times notifying me of the ban it said linking to blogs or websites hosting adult material can get you banned too. If you're going to get into heavy adult material I would say be careful. Possibly DM EA_Cade or one of the other admins and see if they will give you some advice. I think a direct link could get you in trouble, but surely there has to be a way to notify readers here on the forums that new material is available offsite without getting yourself in trouble.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @DaniRose2143 oh no! I never knew that you were banned for UTTS, that must have been surprising! I can't even think of what those bans must have been for, and I can't call to mind any especially adult content - at least nothing stood out to me as being too risqué to be rated Teen. :hushed: This is actually exactly what I wanted to know, and i'm glad you warned us about this because I definitely don't think I'm going to be able to link certain chapters to the forums if that's the case. Better safe than sorry! I suppose I can just say that the chapter is there, but not link to it or provide any screenshots.

Thank you for the heads up :)
    s54gWQ5.png
  • RandomMicrowaveTMRandomMicrowaveTM Posts: 17 Member
    @DaniRose2143 oh wow, sorry to hear about that! but thanks for letting us know. i might take your advice and ask an admin directly to be sure, or just do what @hellohannah2 will and not link to any really extreme chapters. a good workaround that someone else here suggested is to just have a thread for your story updates so that you can notify your forum-only readers that a new chapter was posted offsite, and you just can't link it this update.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    @hellohannah2 It was and it wasn't. I won't go into detail on the open forum, but if you aren't 100% sure where the line is, please just play it safe. I don't blame the admins, their hands are/were tied.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited March 2023
    I thought I would pop in and say hi. I’ve been sharing stories on the forums for a few years now. I don’t know how many people are following it, but my current story thread is Metior_Ice’s Merfolk Story Thread.

I also created a general thread called: What are Your Merfolk Doing Today? and that thread is specifically for sharing merfolk content and sims related merfolk mods, cc, stories, and little updates. If you have anything Merfolk Related to share, I created that thread to give MerSims a spotlight. I do try to keep that thread alive.

Anyways, my favorite occult in the sims are merfolk. I honestly probably wouldn’t have gotten the game if I couldn’t play the Life State. So in many ways, every single pack I’ve purchased for the Sims 4 was literally and only purchased because Island Living came first. Merfolk, especially the inclusion of mermen, is extremely rare in Video Games. About 90% of the time, modern video games completely exclude the male gender of merfolk, and, if that gender is represented, mermen are generally depicted as monsters with very few human physical characteristics.

Adding more content to the spoiler because there is always so much I could go on and on about Merfolk. It’s my love of the Ocean, I hope this helps others get to know me.
    In fact, the Sims 4 is the one game that does playable merfolk best and it still made a critical terminology mistake calling MerSims Mermaids (the Exclusively Female Term for Merfolk as an Umbrella Term…)

Edit:Talking About the Umbrella Term in CAS. The game does show an awareness of this in notifications.

I’m that particular about Merfolk, but I like to think my passion helps me tell great stories!

Also, there are very large communities with an interest in merfolk, but the representation has been dominated by mermaids with mermen only recently getting the attention they deserve. For many people that I know that share my interest in merfolk, gender representation is a major topic of discussion and they are members of the LGBTQ Community and their Allies.

For Merfolk Lore, I’ve scoured the internet for content, and I can confidently say that, if there is a digital copy, I’ve probably seen it. I’m aware of books that I may never see because they only exist as physical paper copies.

Merfolk Lore is most commonly found before and after the Medieval Ages. It’s weird but true. The most well rounded sources come from before Medieval Europe. Everything that came after is mermaid dominated, largely excluding mermen, and heavily influenced by Hans Christian Anderson’s the Little Mermaid. Disney’s Little Mermaid influences a lot of pop culture, but it’s still not the original source material.

With the Modern Era, Mermen have regained a presence, but that presence is extremely recent. So, there is actually a huge chunk of time where there is little to no male representation with merfolk when merfolk started to regain popularity.

And, while there are lots of merfolk stories in existence, the use of correct gender terminology with merfolk aka the use of the word Merman, Mermaid, Mer, Merling, Merboy, Mergirl, Merchildren, and etc. is actually the most noticeable difference in any story I’ve read. It’s something that shows how aware an author is about the mythical creature they are writing about. The best stories I’ve read do not confuse the terminology and they don’t call all merfolk, mermen and mermaids, mermaids. They also don’t confuse merfolk with Sirens despite overlapping elements.

I mean, the word has a literal breakdown between the prefix that modifies a root word.

So with that tangent out of the way,

My biggest goal with sharing stories is to get feedback and see how other people play merfolk. I want to see more stories, read more stories, and play more games that expand on merfolk.

I want to get in the habit of writing more often, and one day, I want to publish a book about merfolk. For almost a decade, I’ve devoted a lot of time to researching merfolk lore and familiarizing myself with the mythical creature to specifically try and write stories about them.

Most importantly, I hope I’m sharing this in the right place. I mean, I’m still learning about where I can share everything in the forums. There are so many threads it’s hard to know where the best places for me to share things are.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to share my stories from my main story thread. I’m not exactly trying to absolutely control everything in my game, and my story thread is a mix of what happened in my game and a serial story… I guess you could say I brake my thread up into “Arcs” that focus on a more story oriented plot. I don’t know. I neither feel like I could just give it a book title nor simply call it “What Happened in my Game Updates?” It’s truly a mix of both.

Sorry about the few edits… I tend to be very picky about making sure I fix any autocorrect errors. I don’t think I’m perfect with grammar and spelling, but I do try to make sure I get that right too.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    Happy Saturday!

This is no April Fools (although the joke is definitely on me for giving myself such a gigantic task), but I have been working hard to reboot my Moonchild legacy from many years ago. It's probably in here somewhere in it's original form, I vaguely remember celebrating 2000 pages on here at one stage :joy:

Anyway, Generation One aka Lilliana Moonchild of the Moonchild legacy has been completely rebooted and is ready to read. Gen 2 is undergoing some reconstruction so the middle chapters have been removed from the site, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

@Metior_Ice welcome in I hope you're doing well! I haven't played with merfolk in the game very much at all but I will say I do love the IRL novel To Kill a Kingdom which plays nicely on the Little Mermaid and the differences between mermaids and sirens. I'd say you're welcome to share your story and its progress here, if it's writing it's welcome!

Happy Simming :mrgreen:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    @lizzielilyy Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I’ll share a link to my story thread with my newest chapter once I write it!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2023
    New chapter of my Disney Legacy story is out now. I'm curious is anybody else playing that challenge??

suRdkSd.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    So I ended up not playing the Peters family too long thanks to the patch and waiting for all my mods to be updated, plus completely rebuilding their house. Going to wrap up their turn with a short chapter then move on to the Katzes.
    I also edited the lifespan for all my saves via MCCC again, so a year is 7 days instead of four. Figure that might be enough time to get at least some infant milestones when the time comes.

mt2HCTz.png
    Chapter 5.42 Home Makeover
    image.png
    @swcheppes i haven’t played the Disney challenge but I’m a huge Disney lover and I think someone is adapting the original to make it go in film order so I might give it a go! I’d love to do it on Sims 3 I’m not sure if there’s a version?

I’ll add your story to my tbr!!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    @swcheppes I haven’t played the challenge, but it has been something that caught my attention.

I do enjoy following the challenges though.

I did start to read some older updates. I kinda wish those Sixams didn’t do what they did to Sebastian. Arial part of the update was not what I was expecting.

I’m going to go back and try to see what happens with the other parts of the challenge. I’m very curious about the legacy leading up to Aurora.
    edited April 2023
    Happy Sunday! Today Chapter 13 of the Evergreen legacy is out for public reading! (Discord friends get a sneaky early reading <3 )

screenshot-45.jpg

Generation One of Lilliana Moonchild is also fully rebooted to read if you fancy, and Generation Two is very nearly finished, you can read the first 11 chapters now and hopefully the remaining four by the end of the day!

cropped-cropped-cropped-header2.3-1-e1678704091247-1.png

cropped-cropped-header-gen-2.1-2286571908-e1680253750198.png

Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited April 2023
    Hope you're all having an amazing week!

Chapter Fourteen is up now to read :blush:
    screenshot-137-2.jpg?w=1920

Aurora heeds a young Landgraab's advice and takes a tour around the mausoleum, only to find a few things mysteriously missing. An interview with Mortimer Goth enlightens her as to why her grandfather left Sunset Valley but before she can put pen to paper, the newest addition to the Evergreen family arrives!

Generation two of my Moonchild legacy is also fully rebooted and I have started with the third generation! I need to decide what pose I will use for the graphic first though, she's an acrobat so any ideas are welcome! :blush:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited April 2023
    Happy Thursday!!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Wanted to get this chapter of Box of Chocolates posted before Easter. So here it is 2.43 Back to Normal
    image.png
    edited April 2023
    Happy Easter all!!

Chapter Fifteen: Cursed Bonds is up :blush:

Aurora and Henry navigate their new lives as parents and find themselves on the guest list for the wedding of the century. Bella & Mortimer tie the knot but not everything is as it seems.
    y6kgjszifo0e.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Hi, all!

I usually don’t do this. Buuuuut. I did a thing 🙈 This is a little side project that I'm working on when time allows. I figured it was time to share. Tales of Camelot is my absolute passion project, but Henford-on-Bagley is such a wonderful little neighbourhood that I can’t resist taking screenshots in it and turning it into a story. For those of you who like stories that start at rock-bottom and slowly climb their way up to happiness, please give this one a try! 😊

NGWlWMP.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Two more chapters of Box of Chocolates are up. 2.44 Karaoke
    2.45 Skills

y184yCF.png
    image.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Happy Monday!!

I hope you’re having a great start to the week and are feeling creative :blush:

Chapter 11 of my latest story can be found by clicking my signature and I’m working hard to get the first half of Gen 2 underway. I have all the screenshots and none of the story :joy:

Turns out my Sims Through The Ages and Astrology challenges are quite popular at the moment which is fun. Are any of you challenge/legacy style players or if not how do you prefer to play??

Happy Simming :mrgreen:

ITS TUESDAY. SORRY COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. I AL;SO APLOGIES FOR THE CAPS.RECENTLY OUT OF THE HOSPITAL SO STILL GETTING BACK HERE,
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Startingg tomorrow I will be updating the Gen 1-7 Chapter "blog" posts And then I will get down to business to write "Remember Me" chapter
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    A good way to describe my real life at the moment is "everything, everywhere all at once". However, I have managed to squeeze out a chapter of Sim 66 amidst all the chaos. Joanna gets to grips with student life...both academically and socially in chapter 192: College Girl.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/04/chapter-192-college-girl.html

GfKDXB6.png
    Happy Wednesday!!

Chapter Sixteen: Final Draft is up :blush:

Aurora doesn’t have long to process Mortimer’s outlandish claims since Blair is growing so fast and about to be a big sister! Thankfully, the final draft of her masterpiece has been submitted for publication.

screenshot-261.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited April 2023
    I'm going to make new chapter times for all 113 posts I have currently so if you want to read my SimLit when i'm looking on the remaking the chapter titles banners- you might want to either click the link in the blog or see if you can acess the single link on Swanson Forum thread

new chapter heading for Prolgoue Part 1:
    t60EX6O.png

sTC1m7I.png[/URL}
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2023
    @MadameLee good luck with this! I’m currently on Gen 3 of 7 of my Moonchild reboot which is I think about 40 posts in, it’s a lot of fun but I’d advise lots of snacks :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top