Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera Bounce 2023

Can anyone please tell me how to stop my camera from bouncing to higher buildings? I have researched this for several days now and none of the resolutions work post-new update. I do not have access to a "camera.ini" file nor can I find a way to stop the bouncing camera via any other option. Please help? Or please share with me where I need to go/look for a solution that works? Thank you so much.

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Are you on a console?

On PC, the camera.ini is usually in your install directory > The Sims 4> Game> Bin> Res

Then find every "IgnoreLotLevel" (without quotes) and change them all to true and save.

That's the only way I've done it. And it worked for the most part (still had a tiny bit of bouncing but nothing like it was previously), but I haven't checked since the latest patch/pack because I haven't played the game beyond to look at the CAS stuff.

• SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    If I remember right, at some point they fixed some lots with this problem and asked to make a bug report for any other lots we are experiencing this. So if it's some specific lots you always experience this, maybe consider making a bug raport at AHQ forum? Otherwise I'm not a lot of help, sorry 😅
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Are you on a console?

On PC, the camera.ini is usually in your install directory > The Sims 4> Game> Bin> Res

Then find every "IgnoreLotLevel" (without quotes) and change them all to true and save.

That's the only way I've done it. And it worked for the most part (still had a tiny bit of bouncing but nothing like it was previously), but I haven't checked since the latest patch/pack because I haven't played the game beyond to look at the CAS stuff.

@Chicklet453681 My apologies! I'm sorry I did not designate that I am on a pc. Thank you!

You are my heroine lol! I was able to find the path I needed using your guidance! I am on a 14 core gaming laptop and I feel as if the Sims were thrown into an abyss. I honestly could not find the correct path for where I needed to be. Thank you so very much for your help and again, my apologies for not mentioning what device I am using.

Have an absolutely wonderful day!
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    If I remember right, at some point they fixed some lots with this problem and asked to make a bug report for any other lots we are experiencing this. So if it's some specific lots you always experience this, maybe consider making a bug raport at AHQ forum? Otherwise I'm not a lot of help, sorry 😅

@SanniSilli Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I truly appreciate it! Have a great day :)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @Jonalin Awesome! And quite welcome! So glad you found it, hopefully that helps.

For me there was sometimes just slight little bounce on occasion but all the time, and definitely not like before, at all. It really did help.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Chicklet453681 I really appreciate the insight. I can't wait to try it out. I lost track of how many times I missed the best screenshot because when I moved the camera that fraction to get the perfect shot it ended up flying up so high what I was trying to shoot was no longer even visible let alone framed just so.

Edit: Hmm, there doesn't appear to be a camera.ini on Macs. It has to be in here somewhere, it's just a matter of where.
    @Jonalin Awesome! And quite welcome! So glad you found it, hopefully that helps.

For me there was sometimes just slight little bounce on occasion but all the time, and definitely not like before, at all. It really did help.

I agree with you @Chicklet453681 ! And thank you again :)
    @Chicklet453681 I really appreciate the insight. I can't wait to try it out. I lost track of how many times I missed the best screenshot because when I moved the camera that fraction to get the perfect shot it ended up flying up so high what I was trying to shoot was no longer even visible let alone framed just so.

Edit: Hmm, there doesn't appear to be a camera.ini on Macs. It has to be in here somewhere, it's just a matter of where.

@DaniRose2143, here is where I found mine :)

5EillOj.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    @Jonalin Thank you for the information.🙂 I play on a Mac and the files and folders are different. There isn't a folder called Game or Bin with MacOS but seeing the picture was still helpful. I have a folder called ConfigOverride and in it is something called GraphicsRules.sgr and I think it's hiding in there somewhere.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I really hate that camera jumping!
    Are you on a console?

I don't see a "Game" folder. ???

I'm on PC.
    oXEDpDH.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    That’s because you are not in the correct directory. Try:

This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin > res
    edited April 2023
    g01denswan wrote: »
    That’s because you are not in the correct directory. Try:

This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin > res

I did try that. :|

There's nothing in Program Files (x86) either.

nE4vX3G.png

EDIT: Doing a full search for camera.ini

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited April 2023
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\res is where mine is: @Admiral8Q

I don't know why mine is still Origin but thats how it went when I updated to App
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2023
    If you can't find where your game is installed to find the directory then check the EA app.

The Sims 4 > Manage > View properties > Install location

That's where the game is installed. Find that drive location on your computer. You should see Origin (EA app) or even SteamLibrary for Steam users.

edit to add screenshot:
    3VzZXjH.png
    :warning:Your drive letter won't be the same as mine.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Mine was completely different because I purchased Sims 4 through Steam.

E:\Brad\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\res
    The cake is a lie

I know where my install is. There are two ways to get to the same folders. (I miss the old days of direct folders and files without this so-called "User Friendly" banta poo." :smirk:

There is no "Game" folder or "camera.ini" file.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2023
    Are you on a console?

This doesn't seem to work for me. It makes the camera fall through the floor of a house when on an upper level.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Those of you who cant find the folder. Have you tried selecting the show hidden folders option. I recently had to do that to find the engine.ini from Hogwarts legacy to remove the fog in game. I could not see the folders needed, then youtube'd it and saw that I had to actually show the hidden folder. Some people see it and some dont ;)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Those of you who cant find the folder. Have you tried selecting the show hidden folders option. I recently had to do that to find the engine.ini from Hogwarts legacy to remove the fog in game. I could not see the folders needed, then youtube'd it and saw that I had to actually show the hidden folder. Some people see it and some dont ;)

Ah. I'll have to try that. Can't find the option menu for "show hidden folders", but I'll look into it. Thank you @mcrudd.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2023
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Ah. I'll have to try that. Can't find the option menu for "show hidden folders", but I'll look into it. Thank you @mcrudd.

@Admiral8Q Here is a print screen to hopefully help you. There are two pictures, the top one shows you how to access the hidden folders. You click on view, which is circled in red and then you tick the box (mine is unticked sorry) that is circled in green. Once you tick that box more folders should start showing. The second picture shows you my pathway I used to reach the camera file to change. I did not find mine under programs(x86) it was just under normal Programs ;) My pathway is circled in blue and the purple is the end result file you need :)

lDHXppv.png

I do hope this helps you a little more, happy simming :)