Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do y'all build such huge bathrooms?

124...Next

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited March 2023
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I like to build 3X3 bathrooms. Usually I'll have the shower/tub combo and the toilet on one side, separated by a wall, and then counters on the other side or just a sink if I need space for a litter box for instance.

Like this one I built the other day.

tJ2NLiU.jpg

That's about how I always make my bathrooms, always 2 cabinets (what I consider a double vanity), toilet, and tub/shower (I'm a bubble bath lover in RL so can't imagine just having a shower only)

it absolutely sucks having only shower no tub I have the situation irl
    so I often like to add bathtubs for everyone :lol:
    yeah, you might die horrible death
    but at least you got a bathtub if you live in Simmingalverse
    I am such a kind and loving simgod
    why aren't my sims worshipping me yet
    it must be the lack of saunas
    I should give them more saunas
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I like going with the 3x3 for my bathrooms. But if I'm allowing room for pets and small children I'll make it a 5x5 just to allow room for routing.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a huge house on a 20x15 lot. I built several stories both above and below ground.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited April 2023
    When I build large bathrooms, it's just to look luxurious. Down at game-level or looking around at sim-height, it feels like a big, fancy room. Maybe there's a bathtub under a large window with sheer curtains, a separate shower, a toilet in its own little room with a tiny trash can and a shelf, but it's definitely for the aesthetic.

I'm trying to learn to build smaller rooms while keeping that nice, real-ish look. I love the appearance of large rooms, but it's silly to need 15 minutes to walk across the house.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Growing up 5 kids 4 of them girls plus Mom with only one small bathroom.
    LOL Always wanted to have a big bathroom or two or three. So now I give my sims what I can't have.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    LOL Always wanted to have a big bathroom or two or three. So now I give my sims what I can't have.

I'm the youngest of 5 kids and we had 1 bathroom for 7 people. It was a nightmare. Now, I still live in a house with 1 bedroom but it's just 4 of us, my husband, kids, and me.

I do try to make sure my sims have more than one bathroom except in starter houses. I still dream of the day I have a house with at least 2 bathrooms. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited April 2023
    Bluegayle wrote: »

This made me think about the sim family I have with Mom and Dad, 2 teens, 2 children and a baby, and one bathroom! But I do have a pee bush ourside, just in case.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I'm another 2 x 3 sort. Occasionally 3 x 3 if there needs to be a 2nd toilet.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    For me, the bathroom size depends upon the build, and who it's for. If I'm making a posh build I'll usually go big, but a modest build might be 3x4. And if it's a sim I don't like, they probably won't even get an indoor bathroom--everything will be out by the sidewalk
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    A habit from The Sims 1 days when everybody on a lot would gather into the bathroom, get each other stuck in there, and die of starvation unless I resorted to move_objects on.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    A habit from The Sims 1 days when everybody on a lot would gather into the bathroom, get each other stuck in there, and die of starvation unless I resorted to move_objects on.

Yup, and after Sims 2 as well, that habit is firmly ingrained here lol. My houses are much bigger then they probably need to be (Sims 2 style) because of it lol.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2023

Yup, and after Sims 2 as well, that habit is firmly ingrained here lol. My houses are much bigger then they probably need to be (Sims 2 style) because of it lol.

I remember Sims 2 sim's hand waving whenever something was in their way, and TS3 sim's toe tapping whenever their path was blocked.
    TS4 sims don't have that problem since they can walk through walls, railings, and each other. Tight spaces aren't much of a problem.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds