Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Science babies a joke?

I was expecting my sim to go to a fertility clinic and come back pregnant, not disappear for a few minutes and come back with a new born :(.
I enjoy watching my pregnant sims and going to the hospital to give birth.
I'm very disappointed. I wanted to try a single mom but found the experience lacking.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Yeah there's a whole discussion of that here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006849/science-babies/p1

If you're on PC and not adverse to using a mod you could try this.

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    They probably did it that way to be gender neutral because men can't....
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    since it is a rabbit hole you could imagine they are going anywhere it is a process that takes a few seconds to like a minute no need to design too much for it just realistically with other things they were working on.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »

I mean, they obviously can in the Sims, because they do all the time with alien pregnancies.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I mean, they obviously can in the Sims, because they do all the time with alien pregnancies.

Yeah, That's why I stopped what I was saying. lol
  • EleriEleri Posts: 548 Member
    @Amapola76 a while back in the Sims 4 Ideas section I had proposed that they provide a way for Sims who don't want physically intimate partners to get pregnant. It wasn't like science babies. Basically, I was suggesting that they add IUI as a fertility option. At the time I thought this was inclusive enough because even someone who has masculine gender settings across the board can be changed in CAS to allow pregnancy. I can see how it might be interpreted as excluding men though. At the end of the day, I'm glad my asexual sims have something.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My male sim just had a baby with a human a few days ago. :)
    My only sim who couldn’t have a baby was an elder female. I had to age her down first.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: