Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do y'all build such huge bathrooms?

Comments

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Future Here is the link to Bienchen's mods list. https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=0 The list is in alphabetical order and look for the PrivacyTweak mod which is, of course, pretty far down on the list. Happy Simming! :D

Worked like a charm, thanks!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Great!! You're very welcome, @Future. :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Future Here is the link to Bienchen's mods list. https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=0 The list is in alphabetical order and look for the PrivacyTweak mod which is, of course, pretty far down on the list. Happy Simming! :D

How have I missed this mod?! I use several of Bienchen's mods. I may have to add one more to the list. Thanks! :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bienchen is pretty much my go-to mod creator. She has the best mods for how I play my game. Even though she has a family and a demanding job, she does her best to update her mods quickly. With her mods I have managed to nuke 90% of the annoyances that drove me up the wall for years. All the way back to when Seasons was released. So, any time I can point someone in her direction, I point. Because she has quite the collection and I know some of you will come to use her mods as much as I do. Using mods from one creator means you will seldom see a mod conflict pop up, too.

@SweetieWright_84 You're very welcome! :) I know that list is long but take a few minutes and go through it in your spare time. I'm currently using over 70 of her mods and my game plays beautifully without a truckload of little annoyances and glitches that break my immersion.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    The smallest I go for a full bathroom is 2x4. If I include a half-bath in my build then I will go down to a 2x3. I used my current apartment which has the smallest bathroom I've ever had to live with for the measurements. The tub/shower enclosure takes up the 2 tile side. the toilet right beside that and a double wide counter top for the sink. I am a hopeless sims builder because I cannot be in a room I like the looks of for any length of time that I don't try to figure out how many tiles it would take to recreate it in game.🤣

I usually make every room in my builds at least one or two tiles wider than I need because cramped rooms drive me crazy. Some of that is routing issues, but taking screenshots for my SimLit and my preference for playing with the walls fully up are the big reasons why I build bigger rooms. I spend hours decorating so that my sims have a nice environment and that the place looks lived in. I want to see all of those decorations while I'm with my sims. And when I take screenshots I want the shot to look like you're in the room with them instead of hovering above it.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I could ask the same question about entire houses. I see so many people scream for joy whenever a new world promises a 64x64 lot, and I'm just like: "Please be occupied, please be occupied!" Because I simply don't know what to do with that much space, but don't want to leave it untouched either because then there's just a huge empty void in the world.

I usually use the 64 x 64 lots for community activities. For example, I made "Observation Park" for Newcrest - it has microscopes & telescopes so that my starter Sims who need logic skills can develop them without having to purchase equipment.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I could ask the same question about entire houses. I see so many people scream for joy whenever a new world promises a 64x64 lot, and I'm just like: "Please be occupied, please be occupied!" Because I simply don't know what to do with that much space, but don't want to leave it untouched either because then there's just a huge empty void in the world.

I usually use the 64 x 64 lots for community activities. For example, I made "Observation Park" for Newcrest - it has microscopes & telescopes so that my starter Sims who need logic skills can develop them without having to purchase equipment.

So do I. Only few 64x64 lots in my game are residential, inhabited by exceptionally wealthy families, and only one of those was built by me. Public lots are a little easier to fill, but even they can be a pain to build on if they're too big. I deliberately sought out one of Henford-on-Bagley's 50x40 lots the other day to build a (by my standards) huge park on it. When I was done, half of the space was still empty...

But back on topic: I'd like to challenge anyone to build a (nearly) 64x64 bathroom. :D
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'll usually do a 2x3 or 3x3 for bathrooms, but I might go larger if I think having a big one suits the household. I also do half-baths of 2x2, but I don't like going smaller if I don't have to.

I'm also frequently playing with cats, and a 2x3 bathroom doesn't leave a lot of room for a litterbox (Sim cats may not need the box for every cat +1 rule that real life cats do, but a box on every floor they can get to is actually a pretty wise idea, as they're less likely to "need a clean litter box" when there's one on each floor.)

Where I tend to get excessively large is bedrooms, specificially kids rooms because I like to give them their own desk, bookshelf, and reading chair in addition to the bed, dresser and toys.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I typically do a 3x4 or sometimes 3x5 for a bathroom. Almost never do any 2x3 anymore.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't care about sizes I do what I want just because it is my game no other reason. That goes for all things it really can't be too big if it all fits on the chosen lot after all.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2023
    I like to build 3X3 bathrooms. Usually I'll have the shower/tub combo and the toilet on one side, separated by a wall, and then counters on the other side or just a sink if I need space for a litter box for instance.

Like this one I built the other day.

tJ2NLiU.jpg
  • AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    I usually make my master bathroom big because I treat it like I'm building my dream bathroom... Like, my builds usually include plenty of counter space for a pile of towels, scented candles, and the basket of bathroom stuff... Plus, need plenty of room for the jacuzzi tub lol
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    I hate small bathrooms irl it feels claustrophobic and I have to leave the door open. My sims bathroom use to take up half the house. My rich sims had water fountains shooting from the floor all around the tub, plants as far as the eye can see, hot tub, shower, bath, vanity table mirrors, fireplace, statues, tv, radio, glass windows and more. I needed a BIG bathroom 😂😂😂😂
    And i use to like giving every bathroom a theme like the jungle or whatever i came up with. And that would be like the hang out relaxing area lol.
    These days i mainly only do apocalyptic builds so the bathrooms are smaller but still a nice size.
    If it's a really neglected build i don't do a bathroom at all and just put cc toilet buckets and a cc wash up bucket outside between the grass😂

Last time I checked one of my saved bathroom rooms in the library it was like 24×20😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    happyopi wrote: »
    IMO people build *everything* too big and then play the game in speed 3 constantly despite all the obvious problems it causes, because it takes forever to get anywhere in their builds ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

😂😂😂😂 I'm glad you said this because this drives me crazy about my sister's game. She is obsessed with living on 4 level 64×64 lots and it takes a full sim day to get from the basement to the 4th floor😭😭😭 I use to do that when I started sims but then realized there was a problem here lol.
    And sims could never find eachother. Now my ideal lot for living is 40×30 one floor. And most is filled with clutter.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    i mean, if you want your sims to live a humble lifestyle then by all means, make the house a small, but still liveable house.... but the way i play the sims is with a lot of money and freerealestate cheat... so, i typically build like 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a mid-size dining room... if im filling fancy, ill put a study together and add a reading corner in a nook somewhere... my current playthrough is just a test for the legacy challenge i came up with, so there's like 3 stories but the third story is like an attic....
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Malfoy Luxury!
    12-04-22_10-52-45_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Weasley....,
    you call that a bathroom?11-19-22_8-03-48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    i love that! lol i read the weasley part in malfoy's voice lol
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Also, honestly, some countries just genuinely have bigger bathrooms irl. Where I live it's pretty common to also store the laundry machines here, for example. Gotta have some space for that.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited March 2023

I'm totally okay with and actually prefer small bathrooms. There's usually only one person using it at a time anyway, so I don't have to worry about sims getting stuck as long as everything they need is reachable. Unless it's an en-suite bathroom for a couple, then I make it bigger and sometimes put two of everything in it, or inside a huge mansion inhabited by rich and pompous people, then the bathrooms have to reflect that lifestyle as well.

But the worst bathrooms have to be the ones in early EA builds, before they hired simmers to build for them. They were usually very big or very long for some reason, but empty and boring, no decoration except for maybe toilet rolls in the weirdest places, always on the second floor of any public building so sims took forever to get there, with high walls and at least two doors (I've never seen that in real life).

I feel the same about lot size. About the only thing I’ve used a 64x64 lot for is a mall. Even my farms with all animals and plants ( which are few ) are big enough at 50x40. My favorite sizes for homes are 30x20 and 40x30.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I like to build 3X3 bathrooms. Usually I'll have the shower/tub combo and the toilet on one side, separated by a wall, and then counters on the other side or just a sink if I need space for a litter box for instance.

Like this one I built the other day.

tJ2NLiU.jpg

That's about how I always make my bathrooms, always 2 cabinets (what I consider a double vanity), toilet, and tub/shower (I'm a bubble bath lover in RL so can't imagine just having a shower only)
    i give my sims the option of both... shower and tub (unless the bathrooms really tiny and can really only fit a shower
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2023
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I'm totally okay with and actually prefer small bathrooms. There's usually only one person using it at a time anyway, so I don't have to worry about sims getting stuck as long as everything they need is reachable. Unless it's an en-suite bathroom for a couple, then I make it bigger and sometimes put two of everything in it, or inside a huge mansion inhabited by rich and pompous people, then the bathrooms have to reflect that lifestyle as well.

But the worst bathrooms have to be the ones in early EA builds, before they hired simmers to build for them. They were usually very big or very long for some reason, but empty and boring, no decoration except for maybe toilet rolls in the weirdest places, always on the second floor of any public building so sims took forever to get there, with high walls and at least two doors (I've never seen that in real life).

I feel the same about lot size. About the only thing I’ve used a 64x64 lot for is a mall. Even my farms with all animals and plants ( which are few ) are big enough at 50x40. My favorite sizes for homes are 30x20 and 40x30.

My favorite house size is 20x15. And if we had smaller ones I’d like those even better! 😄
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

My favorite house size is 20x15. And if we had smaller ones I’d like those even better! 😄

I have a few of those as well, usually small 2 stories, but a one story one I had on a 20x15 lot, I just had to move to a 30x20 lot to increase a teens bedroom, make the bathroom big enough to accommodate a tub/shower combo, add some indoor planters in the kitchen ( I love using the tall 2 planter ones from eco living inside.), and have a little back yard for BBQue’s.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member

I'm the same - I wish there were more 20 x 15 lots available.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Then you should get High School Years if you haven't already, there are plenty of 20x15 lots. I personally thing they're too small, it's fine for a starter but not for a family home (imho).

I'm the same - I wish there were more 20 x 15 lots available.