Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @DaniRose2143, does this call for flogging or keel-hauling? :)

Like @mightysprite said... no deadlines here. We do this for the love of it and sometimes other stuff comes first. No judgement.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,649 Member
    @mightysprite @luciusstorm Thank you both❤️ I just felt an apology was in order because I felt like I failed to keep a promise. But everyone is so understanding and sweet and I love that about my readers.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Thirty Seven

It was getting close to sunset by the time the taxi dropped the ladies off at their temporary home, the Thebe Estate. Danielle and Londyn needed to rest, relax, and talk. The first order of business after getting the luggage in the house was to get dinner ordered, then grab a bottle of their favorite Avornalino and a couple of glasses, kick off their shoes and relax. Tomorrow they were going to stop by and see the progress that was being made on the renovations to their home. Liberty had texted them pictures she had taken from her patio showing just how fast the crew was moving. After they had a look it would be an afternoon of wedding planning with Liberty and Summer. Matteo and Darian had plans to go to another Tartosa FC football match while the ladies talked catering, dresses, and all the infinite details that go into the perfect wedding. At least all of the infinite details that go into their idea of the perfect wedding. Like most men they didn't understand all the fuss and they were visibly relieved when Liberty and Summer encouraged them to go have fun, just don't go playing hero and scaring them half to death like the last time.

Danielle was expecting to hear from her final prospective agent any day now. Blake Brown had sent word earlier that if Danielle preferred they could meet over video conference since he wasn't going to be available to meet while she was in San Myshuno. He didn't want her to have to make the trip again, and the use of technology fits in nicely with his pitch to Danielle. After they had finished their meal, Tordelli Lucchese for both followed by a sinfully decadent tiramisu, all of it chased down with a bottle of Famiglia Rossi Gran Riserva Avornalino.
    O7QSIRr.png
    After they ate they talked, laughed, and loved the night away.
    cgPEYnj.png
    XRUJgSh.png
    KxsD84q.png

The following day dawned warm and bright. The sun crept over the ocean, the vineyards, and the sleeping city. Danielle and Londyn started the day the same way they ended last night, snuggled together on the sofa. They wanted to get over to see the house before the crews showed up to begin work for the day. From Liberty's photos it was clear the contractor had been right when he said he and his men could have the work done quickly. It already looked like an entirely new place. All the windows weren't so good for privacy but they certainly provided stunning views.
    VAPrp5E.png
    AI7qmUh.png?1

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at the ocean! I grew up with the ocean just steps from my front door. There's something so spiritual about it." Londyn said.
    uvE0JN8.png

"Look at that kitchen! Giovanni wasn't kidding when he said he had a surprise for us! I love how it doesn't interfere with the views in the rest of the room. I can't wait until they're done. I'm ready to come home" Danielle said.
    F9nxzQU.png

"I really love how the place is coming together. We can have the living room over here and we can snuggle up and watch the sunset.”

“That would be so lovely. Oh! We could put a little bar in that corner."

“I was just thinking you could have a little grill back here too. Let’s go check out the upstairs.”
    IkjKztg.png

"There’s more room up here than I thought. Isn’t it nice to know we won’t have to get drenched just to go to bed on a rainy night?" Danielle said as she did a little happy dance. "Since they haven’t put up any walls yet do we want to rethink the layout a bit?"

"I don't know that I'd change that much. I still think our bedroom over here so we can catch the morning sun. I love waking up to the sunrise coming through the windows."
    HP1mp3V.png

"I just love waking up to you" Danielle said as she turned to give Londyn a kiss.

"Oh make me look selfish here" Londyn laughed. "I love waking up to you too baby."
    ZDeCLAT.png

"I still think an ensuite bath for us and a half bath for guests over there. And then an office where I can write and you can paint. Or maybe make the office a bit smaller and put in an area for our yoga?"

"I don't know about you but the balcony calls my name when I want to do yoga or meditate. Let's go check it out, and then we need to get out of here before the workers show up. I don't want to get in the way or anything."

"Yeah, and we don't want to keep Liberty and Summer waiting. Oh my god! Giovanni kept the original tiles for the balcony. Just like he kept the original colors in the living room. I love it. It's all so different and yet so familiar. Alright get me out of here before I decide to stay and make them work around me."
    7iO8A1i.png

Summer had just missed Londyn and Danielle as they were headed past the Rossi's place to go see their newly renovated home. Summer couldn't believe how different the place looked after just a few days. When she thought about all that was happening in her life, and Liberty and Danielle's too, she couldn't help wonder what Travis was up too. She was still hurt and angry at him over what he did to Liberty and her, but there was also a part of her that remembered that once the four of them had been friends. She hoped he was getting his life together and making something of himself, but she also wasn't going to waste time feeling sorry for him either. He made his choices and he had to live with the consequences. Enough about him. She was here to help another friend get ready for her wedding to an incredibly wonderful man. They broke the mold when they made Matteo and Liberty deserved him. She had lived in the shadow of Summer and Danielle as a teen and for a time after graduation, but now she was no longer living in anyone else's shadow. Liberty had burst out of her shell and was a fierce, full grown woman all her own. The incident with Travis could have crippled her but it only made her stronger, more independent, and more confident.
    "Knock, knock" Summer said as she stepped in. "I hope everybody is indecent."
    myoASom.png

The joke had barely escaped her lips when she spotted the pile of clothes near the open door to the patio.
    OEFOooo.png

It was then she heard the splash and a squeal of joy and she knew just how right she had been with the joke. She also knew she was the only one on the lot who was decent. It was wonderful to see Liberty being so free and having so much fun. Summer stepped into the living room making sure to stay over towards the fireplace and away from the door to give Liberty and Matteo some privacy.
    M2XoB6Y.png

"We'll be right in Summer" she heard Liberty say through the open door.
    bcGvf2w.png

"Take your time girlfriend" she said as she picked up the remote and started searching for the cooking channel. "You've got time for seconds if you want to have another manwich."

Liberty soon appeared, dripping wet, with a smile that went ear to ear. She gave Matteo's backside a playful swat as he went by, before he stopped to give Summer a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Darian said he'd be by about 10 to pick you up and head for the match" Summer said as he stepped back. "You two promised us you'd stay out of trouble and not scare us half to death."

"Promettiamo. We promise" he said.

"Let me get dried off and dressed and I'll be right back" Liberty said as she came in for a kiss of her own. "Have you heard from Danielle and Londyn? I know they were going to stop and have a look at their place before they came over."

"Let me text them."
    Summer:
    Where U 2 at?
    Danielle:
    Just about to knock. Open up.

Matteo had spotted Londyn as Danielle and Summer were exchanging texts. "Buon giorno signore! Make yourself at home. Summer is in the living room and Liberty will be right down."

"Buongiorno Matteo" they offered in return, with the obligatory kisses. Liberty soon reappeared looking casually splendid. The morning was already warm and the forecast called for it to be a fairly hot afternoon, but in spite of it they wanted to have the Simterranean ocean as a backdrop for their conversation. Everybody dressed light, cotton shorts, cutoff tops, and sneakers for everybody except Danielle who chose her favorite cotton dress and a pair of wedges. They were all used to warmer climates, Sulani and the swamps and bayous of Willow Creek so the weather was nothing they weren't used to. Darian arrived to pick up Matteo to head for the football match and Summer stopped to give him a quick kiss and wish the guys a fun day. Liberty did the same with Matteo before the girls all sat down at the patio bar.

"Okay, I'm dying to know, where did you two decide to have the wedding?" Danielle asked, unable to contain her excitement.
    KMgGriC.png

"We decided to have it at a little spot on the other side of Lani St. Taz from the Sun Goddess where you two got married. It's called Laka Gardens. Laka is the goddess of beauty, love, and fertility. I know you said you didn't mind us going to the same place, but Matteo and I both agreed it just didn't feel right."
    lmLDVu4.png
    Laka is the Hawaiian Goddess of beauty, love, and fertility. She's also the inspiration behind Hula from what I've read. Like a lot of people I consider Sulani to be a Sims Hawaii so I used her as the inspiration for Matteo and Liberty's wedding venue. It also means, once again,I have another build I need to do.🤦🏻‍♀️ It's like an addiction with me.🤣

"If it's what you two want then that's all that matters. It's your special, magical day and you should do what you want. We looked at that one too, before we chose The Sun Goddess. Laka Gardens is very lovely and I know you will have so many wonderful memories there. We're all so happy for you and Matteo!"

"Ok, so that's out of the way. Now I have a favor to ask" Liberty said. She looked at her three best friends, her soul sisters, "I want the three of you to be my maids of honor. I can't possibly choose just one or two of you. All three of you are special to me and I want you to share in this."

"Oh my god, yes!" Summer squealed.

"Oh Liberty, sweetie, of course." Danielle said.

"I'm touched. We haven't known each other nearly as long as you've known Danielle and Summer, and yet you refer to me as a best friend and a sister. Absolutely I will. Now get over here and give me a kiss and a hug."
    a2RNQin.png

"The next decision, who is going to officiate? I don't suppose we could Venessa again?" Liberty asked. "She was priceless."

"How in the world could she top that performance?" Summer said as she nearly doubled over laughing. After the wedding Venessa's performance as the officiant was the second hottest topic. That only intensified once word got around that it was all an act. Londyn had joked with her that she could start a lucrative side hustle doing hilarious wedding ceremonies.
    1TzL7fQ.png

"Venessa assured me that was a one and done deal for her. She said she didn't want that kind of pressure now that everyone had seen video clips of it. She'll stick with trying to impress judges at the Accolades."

"I think we're going to have to come back to this one."
    2JuGzmD.png

"What about catering?" Danielle asked.

"Oh, I'm catering this one too" Summer said. "Though I might need some help since my wingman is the groom this time."

"My mom might be able to chip in some ideas for caterers in Sulani" Londyn said.

"I since I'm a one woman operation this time, how about I handle the wedding cake and some smaller desserts?" Summer asked.

"I love the idea" Liberty said. "You're all also forgetting Laka Gardens has caterers they can call on." Everyone seemed to pause before busting up laughing. They have always been a self contained supportive circle of friends that it just seemed natural to divide up the tasks amongst themselves instead of delegating them to professionals.

"Oh my god, I can't believe we didn't start with what style you wanted to go with for the ceremony? Traditional? Bohemian? Fairytale?" Danielle said.

"Oh, yeah. Matteo and I discussed this and we want to go with a barefoot, toes-in-the-sand beach style. Everybody can be fairly casual. Nobody has to wear heels. Unless they just really want to. When we first started talking about where to have the wedding at one point we were torn between here in Tartosa and Sulani. We had considered having it in his family's vineyard. Even that was pretty much the same theme, barefoot and dressy casual. We decided to have a beach wedding and then in a few years renew our vows here in the vineyards."

"God that sounds so romantic" Summer said. "A Bohemian wedding in these hills..." as she drifted away with the daydreams in her head.

"Aaand, we lost her" Liberty laughed, everyone else joined in. The laughter echoing across the bluff overlooking the ocean.

"So who do you want to go to for your dress? Do you want to stay here with Bianca De Luca? Do you want to go to Siobhan Fyres? Or do you have someone else in mind?" Londyn asked.

"I really loved Siobhan. She did such a beautiful job on your gowns, and weddings are her specialty. I adore Bianca, but I think Siobhan is the one."

"She really did outdo herself with our dresses, and she and Luna are amazingly attentive to every little detail on their dresses." Danielle said. "So that's dresses settled. Venue settled. Style settled. Catering, still needs work. Officiant still up in the air. Oh, music. I assume you two have songs picked out?"

"Yes. Our couples song has always been 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri..."
    "Ok, I'm just going to start crying now if that's okay?" Summer said. "I love that song. It's so beautiful."

"My song to Matteo is 'Love Me Like You Do' by Elle Goulding."
    That one raised three sets of eyebrows. Those raised eyebrows brought a bit of color to Liberty's cheeks when she realized they had instantly made the connection between the song, a certain movie and book, and their friend and her soulmate. It was no secret that their love and its physical expression could steam up windows on the other side of Tartosa. Liberty cleared her throat and took a big gulp of water.

"Sweetie, I think that one has major honeymoon vibes all over it" Danielle said.

"You may be right. I might go with 'Slow Jam' by Usher and Monica. As soon as Liberty said it Londyn started singing, 'And when you touched my hand'. After that all four of them were into the flow...

'I knew you were the man
    To turn my world around'
    They all began laughing as they stopped singing. Liberty said, "Anyway, his song to me is 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz."
    "That's so sweet. It's really catchy and upbeat. It's so Matteo. Girl you found a good one with that man. Summer did too with Darian" Londyn said.

"Speaking of dedicating songs to men. I was just thinking about Travis on my way over here. Liberty and I are living our best lives since we kicked him out of our's. I was wondering if he ever learned anything from what he did to us or not. Just now I was thinking about how Adele's 'Rolling In The Deep' fits him. 'Think of me in the depths of your despair, Make a home down there as mine sure won't be shared'. Even if everything hadn't gone so totally sideways I don't see how I could have been anywhere near as happy with him as I am with Darian. Thanks to him being a worm I met my soulmate."

"I wish him well, but we are so much better off with Matteo and Darian" Liberty added as she looked around at the lovely home she shared with Matteo and the gorgeous backdrop of Tartosa.

"You know who else I wonder about, Leonardo" Summer said.

"Whatever happened to him?" Danielle asked.

"I don't know. I wasn't mad at him when I broke up with him. I just knew we weren't meant to be lovers. I could be friends with him" Summer said.

"No. Girl, trust me, there's something off about him. I briefly shared a house with him when I first hooked up with Matteo. He might be worse than Travis. Everything changed when I moved in. It was like, in his mind, I was breaking up his good thing. He was running some game with Matteo. Leonardo had a good thing going, for himself. He was freeloading off of Matteo and I broke it up. He started putting distance between us. I wanted to be with Matteo, and Matteo wanted to be alone with me. We didn't want him out of our lives entirely we just wanted our house to ourselves. That ruined Leonardo's game. Trust me, I got a glimpse of a different side of his personality."

"Don't forget, he mysteriously showed up in Sulani while we were having our bachelorette party and ignored us. Not even a wave, a smile, or even a quick hello. Just like we were total strangers" Londyn said.

"You got to see a side of him that we didn't, and frankly we're probably better off not having to deal with somebody who wants to act childish because he was asked to respect boundaries. To blessings in disguise girls!" Danielle said. At that moment Danielle's phone buzzed indicating a text incoming. She checked it and said, "Sorry, I really need to take this text. I'll be right back."

The text was from Blake. He wanted to meet with Danielle tomorrow morning by video conference if that worked for her. That was perfect, she could spend the rest of the day with her friends and she and Londyn could go back over what Jasmine and Meghan had offered her. Could Blake even compete with their offers? Danielle had a hard time thinking of what he could offer that Jasmine and Meghan hadn't. Right after her meeting with Jasmine she had wanted to just go with her, but Meghan had given her something to think about. The girls spent the afternoon bouncing from one subject to the next. As the sun reached its zenith they did move the conversation indoors. Matteo and Darian returned unharmed as they had promised. Matteo had a delicious surprise for everyone, handmade pizzas in his wood fired oven that he had built on the veranda.
    HhjEjWg.png

The meal was backlit by the beautiful Tartosan sunset.
    f3sRhP1.png
    The following morning Danielle was ready to have her final agent interview. She was ready to get this settled and get back to releasing books for her fans. She and Londyn had discussed Jasmine and Meghan's offers again and they were in agreement on who they thought had made the best case. Londyn sat in to hear what Blake had to say. She was just as curious as Danielle what Blake could possibly have to offer that might compete. The screen on Danielle's laptop lit up and the welcome message from Blake's feed greeted them.
    Nb3X4ZH.png

"Good morning Danielle. I'm Blake Brown. I'm so happy we could finally meet."

"Good morning Blake. It is a pleasure to meet you too. Do you mind if Londyn sits in with us?"
    Lnczihk.png

"By all means. This affects her too. You have a lovely home I must say."
    211yqop.png

"This is a rental. Our home is undergoing renovations."

"Wonderful. Let's see if we can help you earn some money to pay the contractors. Let me go ahead and kick things off. I remember you said you had a couple of meetings when you were here in San Myshuno the other day. Meghan Gillespie and Jasmine Trudell I believe?"
    pzimJvp.png

"That is correct."

"You certainly know good agents when you see them. I personally have twelve years of experience in the publishing business, the last six of which I've spent as an agent. Like Jasmine I'm still a long way off from having Meghan's rep. This agency is relatively new, but it was founded by dozen of us who had either worked together directly or had collaborated. We're young and some would say idealistic. We wanted to innovate and help push the publishing industry in new directions. When we were putting together our idea for this agency we also wanted to embrace ideas like going paperless. We feel like the digital realm is where the publishing industry is headed. It's not going to get there overnight though."
    sO9uguv.png

"I have heard several readers mention they love the feeling of having a book in their hands instead of the tablets. Does your agency just do E-books?
    l3anRy5.png

"No, we still make deals with publishers that will have traditional books in hands. What we want to do at the same time is find ways to make digital more appealing, to both authors and readers. We know that E-books are a fraction of the price of traditional books and that authors don't earn as much in royalties. On the other hand we can get your books on the market in a fraction of the time too. And if it's a hit there's no wait time for a second printing. We don't deal in just E-books, it's still something we offer to authors who are concerned about the environmental impacts of cutting down trees to make paper for books. Or who want to move the world of books into the digital age. That's where we come in. Traditional publishers aren't interested in catering to that market. Another way we can streamline the process for you is we handle all of the work in house. We cut out the middle man."

Danielle was wanting to move the meeting along but not appear like she was rushing to brush Blake off. She could feel Londyn's vibes too. This wasn't a winning pitch, nothing against Blake. "What do you charge in commission?"
    3XTHk7D.png

"I charge 12% for digital sales and 20% for traditional hard copy. Let me stress again, we don't just do E-books and we will be happy to work with traditional publishers on your behalf. The digital content is something we want to innovate on and grow to where it becomes the standard."

"My concern is not having a repeat of my dealings with Faith Middleton. I'm a proud lesbian and I write lesbian romance novels. I want to know that the publishers we're going to deal with are okay with those topics."

"I understand your concern and you have my assurance that we will get you the best publishers who will support your artistic vision and won't ask you to write something you don't believe in and that won't punish you for following your vision and your heart."
    CbNth6h.png

"Thank you Blake. It's been a pleasure talking to you. Londyn and I have three really strong offers to consider. We're going to take a few days to go over everything and weigh all the pros and cons. Whatever I decide to do, I will let you know. It has been nice talking to you. I hope you have a lovely day."

"Thank you Danielle. I enjoyed our chat and I encourage you to take all the time you feel like you and Londyn need to reach a decision. I hope you two have a lovely day as well."

Danielle and Londyn were waving to Blake as the popup window closed. They waited a couple of seconds, then turned and in unison said, "He's out."
    WsJvAKQ.png

"He seems like a genuinely good guy whose heart is in the right place, but you deserve an agent who is dedicated to helping you manage and grow your career, not an idealist jousting at windmills." Londyn said.
    mvXsOYA.png

"I wish him and his partners all the best, but yeah, I think he just can't compete with Jasmine and Meghan. Just like it was this morning when we woke up, it's all down to them. Jasmine and her connections in the LGBTQ publishing world and who understands me as an artist and a person? Or Meghan and her decades of experience?"

"We have a lot discuss baby."

Summer had received a text from her idol Hannah Taylor while she was with Liberty and the girls. She had told Hannah she'd give her a call when she got home. Hannah had long been the reason Summer pursued her career as a chef. Summer had other heroes and influences, but no one was a bigger influence than Hannah. In her Summer saw a kindred spirit and a sister who wasn't going to be stopped by those who believed women weren't cut out for a professional kitchen. The dinosaurs that held to that belief were dwindling in number, but every once in a while they still made trouble. Hannah was all about keeping an eye out for promising young chefs, and especially for young female chefs. More than anything she wanted to inspire others to follow their dreams like she had. Summer had become one of Hannah's favorite up and comers. "Hey Hannah! How are you?"
    eWOvm84.png
    "I'm doing great, and how about you? How's work on your web show coming along?"
    wskeWSJ.png

"Great! Darian and I finished building our home studio to shoot it in. We fell a little bit behind though because of other...He proposed!"

"That's fabulous! I'm so happy for you two. I can't wait to meet him some time. And he's helping you shoot your show right?"

"Yeah. He and some friends of his from college used to do a web show where they did all kinds of stupid stunts, and he was the man behind the camera. Most of the time anyway. I didn't entirely believe it at first but he showed me almost all of their videos and he hardly ever appeared in front of the camera."
    AP5ar7I.png

"Well at least he has smarts. And it helps to have a cameraman living with you. I wouldn't ordinarily recommend sleeping with your cameraman, but in this case..." Both of them burst out laughing.
    tPOLxGR.png

"How's work on your TV show coming?"

"We start filming in a month. That's part of the reason for my call. I am genuinely interesting in seeing what one of my favorite young kitchen superstars is up to, but we are wanting to bring in two or three lesser known chefs to appear in an episode each and I want you to be one of them. Are you interested?

"Absolutely. Do you have a date?"
    gDFt5kL.png

"Not yet, but I'm thinking probably sometime in the next two months or so."

"Two months could be tricky. One of my dear friends is getting married then and I'm taking on two roles, cake maker and maid of honor."

"That's one of the things I love about you, ambition. I'll let you know an exact date, but we can work with your schedule. Our filming schedule runs for at least four months so we can push your appearance back a bit. By the way I forgot to ask you what you're planning to do with your first episode?"
    l3GuoYm.png

"I'm going to do an homage to my home of Willow Creek. I want to show people how to do the dishes I grew up eating, gumbo, jambalaya, étouffée, things like that. But I want to put my own spin on the ingredients and preparation."
    In my mind Willow Creek is a stand in for New Orleans. I thought it would be fun to have Summer, as a chef, be influenced by the cajun and creole food New Orleans is famous for.

"I'm looking forward to it. The heritage of rustic dishes that are exploding with flavor is so much fun and I love to see new takes on it. So many young cooks try to wow everybody with new, edgy, experimental dishes which is good, but sometimes it's even more groundbreaking to revisit old classics and update them. New techniques, new ingredients. Not everything new needs to be edgy, haute cuisine. I love that you're wanting to show people how to do these dishes at home for themselves. Tell me you've been soaking up that knowledge of Tartosan cuisine too?"

"Definitely. I'm learning from a wonderful man named Matteo Rossi, he's the man that's marrying my friend. He grew up here and learned his love of cooking from his mother and grandmother. You can imagine how good he is. If you close your eyes and taste his cooking you can almost draw a mental picture of his nonna."
    JLrZj0n.png

"He sounds interesting. Tartosans do love food and they have every reason to be proud of the dishes they've introduced to the rest of the world."

"Matteo is a spectacular pizza chef. I know some people look down on pizza chefs, but his pizza's aren't just crust, tomato sauce, and cheese. He's always experimenting with fresh, locally sourced meats and vegetables. I know someday he wants to open his own ristorante and I've mentioned to him a couple of times he should at least consider a pizzeria. Or make pizza a big player on his menu. If your in Tartosa I will introduce you two and he can wow your taste buds."

"How about you? Have you ever considered opening your own restaurant?"
    GRaDeth.png

"Not really. I have thought about it, but I'm not sure I want the headaches of the business side. I love cooking too much. I want the to be in the fire so to speak."

"I hear you. I'm the same way. That's why I hired a team of people I trust to handle a big chunk of my 'business' so I can just cook and be in the kitchen. I may not own a restaurant or an office building but I'm slowly becoming a brand. Or so people tell me. Look I need to run. It's been great talking to you and I will be in touch soon. I really want to have you join me on the show. Take care of yourself Summer. Bye."

"Take care of yourself too Hannah. See you soon. 'Wow, I just got asked to be on a TV show' Summer said after she hang up. 'I wonder if I should ask Londyn for pointers?'
    eQgRwLI.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    @DaniRose2143, I have to say it's nice to visit the sunny side of Tartosa again. I hadn't realized how much I missed it until I started reading.
    Things certainly seem to be coming together for our couples. Londyn and Danielle will soon have a new home and Danielle's literary career seems to be heading back on track. Liberty and Matteo are a great couple... and I love seeing Summer growing in her career.

Just wonderful all around.
    @luciusstorm Thank you so much as always❤️
    It was nice to get back there to see my girls. That detour that S&D took left me feeling…uncomfortable. I don’t know how else to describe it. It’s just nice to settle back into my groove. I’m really loving it when I work Summer into the story. There’s something about her that makes it really easy to add the comedy part of Rom-Com. Her personality and facial expressions are perfect for getting laughs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    That was a long one. I see why it took you a while. 😄 But definitely worth waiting for.

I do agree that Blake's offer was the least attractive. I have quite a few titles on my iPad but I much prefer the feel of a hard copy.

You've got a lot of work ahead of you. A wedding to plan. A house to decorate. A wedding venue to build. 😲

Looking forward to the next episode.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    edited March 2023
    @DaniRose2143
    Lisa bets her all 836 simoleons on Jasmine :D

Okay, Im in flu and my brains escaped, better comments later :)
    Great, warm chapter, as always. <3

And same, I prefer old fashioned paper inside covers when it comes to books :)

eta:too many typos in small reply, ugh
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Great update, it's down to two for Danielle!🙌
    The house is going to look beautiful when its filled, the view alone is stunning! Haha I like how the two said together, “he’s out”. But he was very underwhelming compared to the other 2. OO exciting! Hannah asked Summer to be a guest on her show! It’s understandable why she doesn’t want to open a restaurant, the business side can be chaotic.
    I'm really happy both of you enjoyed this one.❤️

@simgirl1010
    At first I was excited that Blake may have something that could give Danielle something to think about. Then I got to digging deeper into the pros and cons of e-books from the authors perspective and realized that they really don't benefit at all other than saving the environment, which we all need to do, and the fact that their books make it to market faster. Other than that the reader sees all the benefits. E-books are cheaper to produce and distribute which hurts authors because there is less in royalties for them. E-books are also easier to pirate which hurts the author again. Someday innovators like Blake will find a way to combat these things to make it where there is a tangible benefit for authors, but that day is a ways off.

@Ellupelluellu
    I can't say much, but at least she didn't put all of her 836 simoleons on Blake. She has a 55/45 chance of being right betting on Jasmine.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    That was lots of fun to read :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    This was great :) You covered a lot in this chapter and it was really nice to catch up with all the girls again and see how they're doing.
    i agree with Danielle and Londyn - Blake is out. His offer just wasn't as appealing as their other two, like, at all. I think he seems like a nice person and like he knows what he's doing, and I do see the appeal of the ebooks, but i think the other offers are more focused on exactly what's right for Danielle and her career. It will be tough for her to choose between them but I'm certain she'll be in good hands regardless of what she decides.

All this talk of weddings is making me excited!! I loved the conversation about all of the songs. I was at a wedding a few years ago where they used "love me like you do" as the entrance piece and it was honestly gorgeous. You're certainly about to be doing a lot of building in the next little while, what with completing Danielle & Londyn's house and creating a whole new wedding venue!! It'll be fun though, I'm sure.

Very exciting for Summer to be offered that TV job by Hannah! It sounds like she'll be very busy but she'll just have to find time to squeeze that gig in.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Loved this line of description The sun crept over the ocean, the vineyards, and the sleeping city.
    I, too, am glad to be back in Tartosa reading about this delightful group of close friends. I enjoy their comradery and the support they give one another. This was a fun read.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thank you both so much❤️

@hellohannah2
    I love that song and it really fits my new fully grown up Liberty, but it's also tied to 50 Shades in my imagination. That's why I had Danielle and the girls speak up like they did. Liberty may still choose to go with that song, and I know Danielle and the girls will fully back Liberty if she chooses to use it. As I wrote that part and started playing that song...I can't describe the images I had in my head. Not if I don't want to get banned anyway.🤣 I love to play songs like that when I'm writing this story. They help me find my muse and help me write all those romantic moments.

@GalacticGal
    Every ounce of my heart and soul is in this story. I'm not a confrontational or dramatic girl so this story is a great refuge after writing a chapter of Schemes & Dreams. It may not be realistic, but I love how all four women in the cast have each others backs. They really are a sisterhood except for Danielle and Londyn. I don't feel like soulmate even begins to describe their connection. They really are two perfectly matched halves of one whole.
    So, I think I may have gotten lucky and not been hit with the face bug. I can't see any difference between the before and after photos. I thought I'd get some second opinions.

March 25th
    q3M7VJG.png

Today: Straight into live mode, take the photo, then save and exit
    DYM0yV7.png

After I saved and then re-entered the game
    h8NWyFQ.png

The only differences I see are lighting. But maybe somebody else can see something I don't. Yesterday evening after I learned of this bug I went into CAS and had a look at them, and I thought maybe Londyn's mouth looked a bit different, but now I think it was just my mind projecting things that weren't there. The things I read happening to other simmers suddenly were happening to my sims, which I don't think is true now.

The question I have to answer is do I go ahead and take my chances that if it hasn't happened yet it means that it won't? Or do I sit it out and wait until a fix comes along? I'm going to spend today and tomorrow writing and building while I think it over. I am curious what others make of those photos, if you all see anything off.
    Looks the same to me. I don't know if the bug manifests immediately or lurks around then jumps out at you... so, no idea if playing is a good idea or not. I'd say do the obvious... back up your save somewhere else, cross your fingers and keep a good thought. Worst that happens then is you have to go back to the backed-up save if something goes horribly wrong.

Personally, I'm going to avoiding updating for as long as I can (even though it means fighting the EA App, which doesn't seem to understand that the reason it can't connect to the internet is that I've told it not to).
    Could it be that Londyn's eyes are ever so slightly closer together in the second pic?

That is one of the things that happens with the glitch.

Whether it affects your sims or not, someone had a pretty good explanation on AHQ about how the issue is with the sliders in CAS and how the game is graphically interpreting the slider settings. Right now it is not interpreting the slider settings correctly, but the slider settings are still saved, so at whatever point in time the glitch is fixed the game won't have forgotten our original slider settings and the sims should return to how they looked before the glitch.
    gen3-banner.png
    Could it be that Londyn's eyes are ever so slightly closer together in the second pic?

That is one of the things that happens with the glitch.

Whether it affects your sims or not, someone had a pretty good explanation on AHQ about how the issue is with the sliders in CAS and how the game is graphically interpreting the slider settings. Right now it is not interpreting the slider settings correctly, but the slider settings are still saved, so at whatever point in time the glitch is fixed the game won't have forgotten our original slider settings and the sims should return to how they looked before the glitch.

Maybe...

Last night where I thought her look had changed was around her mouth. Like the corners were a bit lower and her upper lip had lost a tiny bit of width. I'm not seeing that so far today which makes me think what I thought I saw last night was just subliminal. I went into the game thinking to myself, 'How badly did this bug change them?' What do they call that...self fulfilling prophecy?🤔
    I honestly don't see any difference. I draw people, so I'm quick to catch something that might appear to be off. Londyn's eyes appear to be the same, too. I think you can stand down from your fears.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    Looks the same to me. I don't know if the bug manifests immediately or lurks around then jumps out at you... so, no idea if playing is a good idea or not. I'd say do the obvious... back up your save somewhere else, cross your fingers and keep a good thought. Worst that happens then is you have to go back to the backed-up save if something goes horribly wrong.

Personally, I'm going to avoiding updating for as long as I can (even though it means fighting the EA App, which doesn't seem to understand that the reason it can't connect to the internet is that I've told it not to).

I would make a back-up. That way, if things go wonky, there is a fall-back save to use after they fix their 'fix'. Oi.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Thirty Eight

"Let's talk" Danielle said as she patted the spot beside her on the sofa. They had been back in Tartosa for a little over a week, but this was the first night back in their newly renovated home. The contractor said he would have them back in their home in less than two weeks and he had been true to his word. They had spent the day putting the finishing touches on the new look and now it was time to settle in and enjoy. Londyn had a big audition coming up, a role that the potential to make her a superstar. She and Danielle had spent time running lines earlier in the evening. Danielle was well on her way to completing her newest novel, 'Undeniable'. She was already finding her new office really inspired her with the views. It felt like just the place that a romantic muse would feel at home.
    2LWF9fI.png

"I've been thinking a lot about the offers from Jasmine and Meghan. I feel the time is right to make a choice but I wanted to go over everything one last time" Danielle said as Londyn made her way over and slid in beside her.
    GEDim0q.png

"Ok. I still think Jasmine is the best choice. She's totally committed to allowing you the artistic freedom to write what you want and she knows where to find publishers who want your novels."

"That's who I've been thinking of. Every time I've gotten close to calling her I've stopped because I have that little voice of doubt in the back of my head."
    The sunset was breathtaking as always. It highlighted the beauty of the Tartosan coast and turned it into the stuff romantic dreams are made of. They paused to take in the scene. Londyn pulled Danielle in as they sat and enjoyed the artwork that nature was painting on the canvas it made from the Tartosan sky.
    Ud62jVT.png

"It's ok to have doubts and fears. This is a big decision. It's your career. I would be worried if you didn't."

"It's not just my career, it involves you too. I feel like that's where a lot of the worries are coming from. I want to get this right the first time. Jasmine is the riskier option but she could really catapult me. Meghan is safety and security, but I'm a small fish in a big ocean with her. With Meghan I feel like I will have a bit of a safety net underneath me."

"Baby, you don't need a safety net. You're right, Jasmine comes with less security but she gets you on a personal level and I feel like you'll have an advocate. She can sell you and your books. I'm not saying Meghan is a bad person, or a bad agent, but I think you'd be missing a golden opportunity to join your star with Jasmine's. She's already making quite a name for herself and she's in a position to really grow her profile, and I feel like she's prepared to bring you with her."
    MgxXwCy.png

"Ok. I've made up my mind. I'm going to call Jasmine in the morning and tell her I'll take her deal."

"I believe with all my heart you're making the right choice. Now slide over here and kiss me."
    HRB8IWK.png

“Ok” she said, then gave Londyn a quick kiss, followed by a more passionate one, “but I have an even better way of showing you how much you mean to me.”
    H9IRU3c.png

Afterwards they cuddled and talked the night away. "I love the changes to this place and it's bought us a few years before we have to think about making a bigger move" Danielle said. "I'm in no hurry, but when the day comes it's hard to imagine being able to build on any more here. And there's simply not enough room for kids."

"You've been thinking about that too?"
    npiGkek.png?1

"I'm not ready to start a family yet, but I do think about it now and then. I know we've discussed this before, but I don't feel like anything has changed with the timing of it."

"I haven't thought about it much since our little conversation back in Mt. Komorebi. I feel like you do though. I want to start a family at some point but that time definitely isn't now" Londyn said.
    XyymomA.png

"The one thing I've thought about recently was how we would start our family. I think I'd like to try IVF and carry the baby myself but my mind is far from made up about that. If we decided to do that and you wanted to carry the pregnancy I would be happy too."

"I'm torn between that and adopting. There's something to be said for both options. Of course there's no reason we can't eventually do both. I'm where you are on the whole idea of IVF and who would be the one to carry the baby. There's plenty of time to sort it all out though. You're right it is fun to think about. All I know is I want to have a family with you, no matter how we go about it."

"I feel exactly the same. You are going to be such a wonderful mom."
    vkpwdwr.png

Liberty was up early, enjoying the traditional Tartosan breakfast Matteo had prepared. He made his best crispy, flaky, buttery Ventaglio and Cornetto, the latter filled his own wild blackberry jam.
    usyiwAJ.png

He made cappuccino and mimosa to go along with the sweet pastry treats. He came out on the veranda to enjoy the meal, the sea breeze, and Liberty. He greeted her with a morning kiss. "Buongiorno amore mio."

"Buongiorno tesoro."
    MUyHTxO.png

"Molto bene. You are becoming more and more Tartosan every day."

They made their way down to the outdoor dining bar. As they at down Liberty said, "This is my home now, so I'm going to do my best to fit in."

"There is something special about Tartosa. I believe it is now eight generations of Rossi's have called Tartosa home. The same for my mother's family the D'Angelo's. My mother and my sister could tell you for sure how generations have of our families have lived here. Even before the success of our vineyards, when the Rossi's and D'Angelo's didn't have much, they never dreamed of leaving Tartosa."

Liberty's boss, Director Bridges had surprised her with a promotion. Shantel wanted Liberty to begin training in field operations and she gave her a choice. After completing the first phase of her training in Newcrest she could choose to finish there at headquarters, or she could transfer to the Windenberg office and finish her training and begin working from there. In Windenberg she would be working with the head of cybersecurity, Johannes Leitner. Liberty's work in that field was getting noticed by many people within S.I.M.S.. She had been thinking about where she wanted her career to go and this was the work she truly loved. It's all well and good to be James Bond or Jason Bourne, physically taking on the bad guys. She enjoys matching wits with clever bad guys in the cyber world so much more. She had been thinking about the opportunity it provided her, not only to advance her career, but to be closer to home. She could get to and from Windenberg in no time at all, where Newcrest was a far longer trip. There would always be those times when she had to travel to headquarters to meet with Director Bridges, but not as frequently as now.

"This is a pretty big promotion for you, isn't it? I'm still a little worried about you learning how to work in the field."

"I will be properly trained and it's not like I'm going to be running around getting into dangerous situations like James Bond. I agree with Director Bridges though, a good agent knows how all aspects of this business works."
    Lc6qJ1t.png

"I trust your people to train you well, and I have no doubt you can handle yourself, but it's the thought of possibly losing you that scares me. You are going to be close to some of the worst, most dangerous people in the world."
    JkJL00d.png

"I'm touched, and I wouldn't want to lose you either, but I will be perfectly safe. The training is really thorough and tough. Truth be told all these delicious sinfully decadent meals are more dangerous. My cholesterol will be off the charts."

"I trust you when you say you'll be well trained and I know you can take care of yourself. But it's hard not to be at least a little bit worried when you love someone as much as I love you and they go and put themselves in harms way."
    ZZb6fKA.png

"Thank you amore mio. I am a lucky woman to have you to share my life and my love with. I will always be sure that I make it home to you in one piece." She clasped her hands behind his neck, looking up into Matteo's brown eyes. "Look, I'm not going to be making a career out of working in the field. I will be back at my computer in my office, whether it's in Newcrest or Windenberg, or wherever eventually. I will be fine and no harm will come to me."
    PemUxuK.png

They lingered together on the veranda dancing and talking as they enjoyed the fresh morning air. Liberty was waiting until she was confident everyone was awake before texting them with the day and time for her appointment with Siobhan to pick out the dress. She'd spent the previous evening sorting through the images Siobhan had sent her so that she could have a few dresses ready to try on. Siobhan had also included sketches of two dresses and a jumpsuit she had been saving for the right client. She felt they suited Liberty's style and the location for the wedding. In the meantime there was the promotion to consider and a couple of details for the wedding. An officiant was the big item left to check off the list.
    vuGsvFq.png
    mU7legY.png
    r2lWJof.png

Liberty hadn't given Director Bridges an answer yet about whether she would take the position in Windenberg. She hadn't been entirely honest with Matteo either. She hadn't told him exactly why she hadn't formally accepted her promotion. On the face of it what wasn't there to like? She would be closer to home. Not that Newcrest was on another planet or anything like that, but Windenberg was so much closer. Then there was the opportunity to work with one of the world's leading experts in cybersecurity. So what was it that was making her feel so apprehensive? She sat on the sofa vaguely looking at the tv while she thought about things.
    gW2AjaO.png

"Mind if I join you? You look like you've got something on your mind and it isn't a cooking show" Matteo said.

"I've been thinking about the promotion at work. I can't figure out whether to yes or not."
    wzoU7N7.png

"Well, let's pro/con this then. What's so good about staying in the office in Newcrest?"
    N3dPAeq.png

"There is a lot of prestige with having an office at headquarters."

"I know you better than that. You aren't that superficial."

"Ok, true. It is satisfying and enjoyable to work closely with Bella and Director Bridges'. They are tough but fair bosses."

"You wouldn't be part of Director Bridges' team anymore if you transferred to Windenberg?"
    cQhldpR.png

"No, I'd still be part of her team. I just wouldn't see them face to face nearly as often."

"I'm still failing to see the problem. Are you worried about the training for being a field operative?"

"I am a little. But I'd still be going through the same training in Newcrest. Alright, I haven't been entirely honest with you. It's what Bella said that is keeping me from saying yes."

Liberty paused, and when she failed to say anything for a few seconds Matteo took the lead. "Oh? What did she say?"

"That Director Bridges has big plans for me over here. Beyond just my cyber work." Once again Liberty paused, but this time Matteo was going to let her break the silence when she was ready. "Bella said Shantel wants to train me to take over running the office in Windenberg. Not tomorrow, not next week, but eventually. She wants to put me in charge someday." Matteo's mouth dropped open. "The current head of the office will be retiring in a few years and Director Bridges wants me to be his replacement. Or so she told Bella anyway. She hasn't said that to me yet, but she did say she wanted to sit down and have an important conversation when I'm ready to give her my decision on the promotion."
    LxLlgu3.png

"Eccellente! I think you would be amazing at something like that!"

"Thank you sweetie. I'm just not sure I'm ready for that kind of responsibility. Maybe someday. I never dreamed of ever getting to that point in my career. I was happy thinking I'd an agent doing investigations for my entire career. I never even thought about being the head of a department let alone on entire field office. That would put me on the same level as Bella and only a rung or two below Director Bridges. They've both been very complimentary of my work but I didn't think they had been this happy."

"If you say yes, it will still take time to get you trained and ready. It's not like all of this responsibility is going to be placed on you tomorrow. I don't know them, but the way you speak about them I know they would not pick you to train for something like this if they didn't feel like you could handle it."
    kW56TpC.png

"It's not just the responsibility that would be on my shoulders, but also how the other agents with more experience would feel about taking orders from me. Some of these agents have been working here as long as I've been alive. That's my biggest worry right now. The other stuff will scare me if and when I get closer to that day."

"Age is a number. Some people just have a natural leadership in them. I think you're one of them. Who knows, maybe someone else takes over for a time before you step in. You have time to show the agents you'll be working with that in spite of your age and experience level that you are the right person for the job."

"Bella said that's why Director Bridges wants me to learn field craft, so that I can earn respect. Part of it anyway. Also I need to know what it is I'm going to be asking others to do on my command. It's funny, are you sure you aren't Bella Goth? She gave me almost exactly the same talk when she laid this on me. And I've never seen the two of you in the same place at the same time" Liberty said mischievously.

"You got me. Now you know my real identity." Matteo couldn't keep a straight face to save his life.

"Haha, funny man. Ok you convinced me to at least sit down and talk to Director Bridges."

"Jokes aside. I think you should walk in there and just say yes, I want the transfer. I understand if you need to hear something more from your boss before you do. This not a trivial thing."

"Alright, I need to change the subject. We need to find an officiant for the wedding. It's just over a month away."
    HcoTZWc.png

"I can ask around at the restaurant. I think the bartender on weekends, Paolo, used to officiate at weddings."

"Do we really want a bartender being our officiant? I don't think so. No offense to Paolo. I could ask Londyn to talk to her parents. She offered to contact them to see if they knew of someone in Sulani."
    98uRfL0.png

"That sounds like a good idea, better than any ideas I have." They sat quietly for a time, just watching tv. "What about my sister Allegra?' Matteo suddenly put in. "We have hosted weddings at the vineyard and she has been the officiant for several of them."

"I can't ask your sister to do that. Surely those couples were guests at the vineyard, not family members."
    LD6bfCc.png

"Not all of them. She officiated our uncle Vincenzo's vow renewal."

"You're serious about this aren't you?"

"Totalmente. My sister thinks the world of you. We can call her, or I think she's going to be in Tartosa this weekend and we can ask her in person."

"Ok. I can't believe I'm going to ask my sister-in-law to officiate my wedding. I love Allegra, but I must be out of my mind."
    v7XxhrG.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    Danielle sounds really happy with her choice, that is the most important thing :)
    It was fun seeing two of your couples in the same episode talking over career things snuggled on the couch with the loving attention of their partners. <3 We should all be so lucky when it comes time to make our big decisions!
    gen3-banner.png
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Wowzie! Big news and big plans all around. I think Danielle is making the right choice and Liberty should at least try. She can't know what the senior agents at that branch will think of her until she at least meets them. Go there, work with them a while, see how it works - then she will have a much clearer idea if she wants to step up to a leadership position or not. It's totally likely some of those senior agents will be glad it doesn't have to be them taking over. (Talking from experience here, I don't want a promotion either, since I loathe paperwork with a burning passion. I wanna do my job, not direct others to do it.)

And then there is the builds! The renovation really did go amazingly... that house totally deserves a Sunny Aspect or Great View or both right now. But also, I remember Matteo's pizza oven, but not the inside of that house and it is magnificent! Those adorable koi artworks are what caught my eye the most, but everything is super pretty from the walls to those sheer curtains to that chess table... didn't even know something could be cute and elegant at the same time, but this interior absolutely is.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Big decisions, I'm sure they made the right ones :)

I love the painting at bedroom! I would like to see more of the house layout.. it's perfect so far what I have seen :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @DaniRose2143, oh my...
    Well, I think Danielle made a great choice about a literary agent. Jasmine was the clear front runner from the very start. I've always thought we make our decisions within seconds and then spend ages second guessing ourselves. :)

... and I'm pretty sure that, somewhere out there in the multiverse, there is a future were Danielle and Liberty are fantastic moms and Liberty is an amazing agent and leader. Somewhere on there. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Great job with the renovations. Definitely seems to suit their personalities.

I can't remember and I'm too lazy to scroll back but what career is Liberty in?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top