Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Roadmap Announced: April-June

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm very much looking forward to the new roadmap! I love how they seem to be themed too to give you little hints at what's to come.
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Already time for the next roadmap? Wow time flew by quickly :o Looking forward to it!
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    April perhaps, or May
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Life By You is on its way and are about to knock on the door, so EA better come up with someone to keep their customers interest
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Based on prior knowledge, they like to drop a GP or EP around June or July. So... I expect that at the least. No clue what theme though.
    Future wrote: »
    Based on prior knowledge, they like to drop a GP or EP around June or July. So... I expect that at the least. No clue what theme though.

Lately they have been dropping huge expansion in July ( but it looks like they want to return to spring-autumn system) but game packs are usually Mayish-Junish
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I'm hoping for a game pack in May. Fingers crossed for Castaway!
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Life By You is on its way and are about to knock on the door, so EA better come up with someone to keep their customers interest

Not that many people are excited for Life by You...it's either Paralives or Project Renee, Life by You is ugly, they call their characters "your humans", they expect us to code everything and not everyone will enjoy it smoothly because the specs are really demanding.
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Future wrote: »

Lately they have been dropping huge expansion in July ( but it looks like they want to return to spring-autumn system) but game packs are usually Mayish-Junish

I honestly think Horses can fit in a much bigger pack than just a game pack like some people speculate. They can be integrated in so many themes (sports, hobbies, royal lifestyle, ranch, haciendas, etc...)
  • TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    I just hope we can still get more harvestables and crafting activities in the game. With the exception of werewolves, the last few packs seem to have given up on incorporating collectibles into the world itself, and even those were tied to the lore and didn't really serve much purpose beyond that (also the moonpetal is a gorgeous piece of decor, but why, oh why, can't you replant it???). Snowy Escape had the vending machines, but we've seen so few new fishing spots, dig sites, rocks, etc. Cottage Living was probably the last crafting intensive pack with all the new recipes, but I was a little disappointed that canning wasn't a separate skill.

My biggest fear is that we've lost our chance to get nectar making in TS4 now that we already have juice fizzing, a Mediterranean-inspired world (can you imagine how much nectar making would have boosted MWS popularity?), and farms.
  • Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    I think horses are coming next either as a GP or a EP and then maybe either bands or fairies. There probably will be patch updates, maybe some kits and hopefully a roadmap for the second quarter in April.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I just hope we can still get more harvestables and crafting activities in the game. With the exception of werewolves, the last few packs seem to have given up on incorporating collectibles into the world itself, and even those were tied to the lore and didn't really serve much purpose beyond that (also the moonpetal is a gorgeous piece of decor, but why, oh why, can't you replant it???). Snowy Escape had the vending machines, but we've seen so few new fishing spots, dig sites, rocks, etc. Cottage Living was probably the last crafting intensive pack with all the new recipes, but I was a little disappointed that canning wasn't a separate skill.

My biggest fear is that we've lost our chance to get nectar making in TS4 now that we already have juice fizzing, a Mediterranean-inspired world (can you imagine how much nectar making would have boosted MWS popularity?), and farms.

I would really love more collectibles, and I agree, they seem rather sparse lately. Canning would be an awesome skill, and I would love nectar making as well! Candle making should have been a separate skill too, with soap making or something.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping the Next GP will be one of these

Amusement Parks They put 4 rides in the High School Years and even though they were rabbitholes that's a start.

Waterparks They added splash pads which are a start in Growing Together but we need slides,dumping buckets and rides for the full expierence.

A Romance Pack long overdue.

Hotels Need I say more?

Horses should be an Expansion Pack.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm hoping for Horses too, in either May or June. Then maybe another GP to go in August or September for a Medieval pack. The two could go together as an EP but split up it could be two GPS. Then have hotels in the November EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Cars expansion pack
    Hotels game pack
    Horses game pack

I think these themes have all been slowly worked on since Cats and Dogs, Island Living, and High School Years but didn't quite make it into them - so they will release them as separate DLC.

Personally I would adore a romance pack with horoscopes, blind dates, dating apps etc, as well as updates to the existing game to make vacation worlds livable, let played sims have and keep active careers at local community lots/in the world (mail/pizza delivery, bartender at y bar, librarian at x library, etc, and toggle the amount of autonomous travel between worlds so that immersion is not broken by walkbys, I would be soooooo happy!

If we could also add having to pay for clothing and travel between worlds, that would be even better!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Peral wrote: »

So far I'm not interested in opening that door. Having a great time with Growing Together and looking forward to the next roadmap.
    Perhaps this week we'll get the Roadmap.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would be happy to wait until May for a new roadmap. I'm still exploring Growing Together now. I think this would be a good month to fix bugs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I would be happy to wait until May for a new roadmap. I'm still exploring Growing Together now. I think this would be a good month to fix bugs.

May is last month of spring, if we get any roadmap at all in May, I think it will be for summer. But maybe those behind the sims livestreams have replaced the roadmaps.
    One thing we should be getting this month is an SDX. They promised us an SDX every month.
    I have a feeling hints and news are coming veeeery soom
    Today is Tuesday. Don't Roadmaps generally drop on Tuesday and Thursday?
    Today is Tuesday. Don't Roadmaps generally drop on Tuesday and Thursday?

Yes, it's either tuesday or thursday. But they usually post on Thursday to announce something the friday too...so we'll see. I don't think this week will be the week they announce something but maybe last week of April
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2023
    Not holding my breath yet
    I think more so end of April cause the roadmap likely begins in May

edit: okay nvm I stand corrected
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free