Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants! Share Your Gameplay and Discoveries

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I don’t know if it’s my game that’d buggy, but I’ve still not managed to take à photo of an infant with the Moschino stuff camara and tripod. And « take photo of sim carrying….. » doesn’t work either :(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Infants don't need hazmat suit for one specific reason
    (major Strangerville spoilers)
    Ql9mHOs.png
    3MdFVja.png
    w1Nu9Id.png
    I was also hoping we could feed infants motherplant fruits but it seems like thats not an option :<

@Simmingal This reminds me much of my favorite Strangerville adventure, where I brought along my sims' kids. The angles of your screenshots are perfect though :D
    CLNtrMW.png
    0OxmpnB.png
    0yn9V7S.png
    J8blBya.png

Also kids can eat mother plant fruits but aren't affected
    tnpgyJ0.png

Also this bonus image :D
    PipMacx.png

Oh these are very lovely
    it just goes to show that Strangerville is the best family holiday destination 😎
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I suppose it could be a glitch, and if so I hope it is never fixed but has anyone been playing rotational and noticed when they get back to infants they hadn't played with they seem to have a boost in learning skills? Almost like the sims were taking care of them while you weren't around? Cause I left one of my couples alone and their baby is way behind in age one of my new toddlers but she is just snagging milestones.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The infant's hunger motive is going down while eating finger foods. Is that supposed to happen? Works fine for the other feeding option though.

@JimG72 That's got to be a bug. Would you consider submitting a report at answers.ea.com ?
    gen3-banner.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member

Nice onesie but what really caught my eye was the pacifier. So fitting to have a pacifier for the infant age. I wish we had them in the game officially, not as cc.
  • Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    My infant was developing really well, nearly nailed crawling. I play rotationally and when I switched back from playing another family all the infant milestones have been reset. Seems it's a bug that's been reported. Does anyone know of cheats to get the achieved milestones back? I'm gutted.
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The infant's hunger motive is going down while eating finger foods. Is that supposed to happen? Works fine for the other feeding option though.

@JimG72 That's got to be a bug. Would you consider submitting a report at answers.ea.com ?

I’ve noticed this with mine too.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Pebbles_75 wrote: »
    My infant was developing really well, nearly nailed crawling. I play rotationally and when I switched back from playing another family all the infant milestones have been reset. Seems it's a bug that's been reported. Does anyone know of cheats to get the achieved milestones back? I'm gutted.

I've heard about this bug, and yeah, cheats to get them back please!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hmmm... I finally had my first go with an infant today and it seemed somewhat buggy. I had put little Mya on the baby play mat (the one with the toys) and later queued up some actions for the mum, such as cuddle, chat etc and she put the infant back down on the mat in between each interation... SO annoying. That got old really fast.

Then I have stretching after changing outfit or diaper:
    03-25-23_2-11-30%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Not a bug, I guess, but it sure bugs me how the magic mat appears even if I put my infant on a regular rug. I don't want to see an appearing and disappearing mat every time I put her down somewhere.
    03-25-23_2-02-49%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Edit: Did I mention these?
    Not sure why my infant is stretching so often... no cc clothing in my game.
    03-25-23_6-53-59%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

And, OMG, my sim is standing around ignoring me SO often. It's starting to get very frustrating. Never had that before, though I have seen other people say it.
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Not a bug, I guess, but it sure bugs me how the magic mat appears even if I put my infant on a regular rug. I don't want to see an appearing and disappearing mat every time I put her down somewhere.

If you play with CC maybe you can find some invisible recolor for the magic baby mat.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

Hehehe thanks for spreading the word <3 I did not realize how many people need the invisible version LOL
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I just had a really appalling situation in which I forgot to take pics. My sims' kitchen caught on fire, and they all rushed out, leaving my poor infant Saffron to face the flames. Grandma Aalis was nearby so I meant her to grab Saffron and leg it to safety, but she abandoned her to save herself. Next, her husband Diego Lobo had the option to "save Saffron from the flames." He picked her up and put her down again. At that point the flames were spreading and poor Saffron was in danger of being surrounded. The flames had also somehow seemed through the wall to the living room. Fortunately Saffron's dad Lucifer called the fire brigade and she was saved, but those were a few tense minutes. The household currently consists of Saffron's parents, paternal grandparents, and teenage aunts yet all of them placed their own safety first.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Oh no. 😲 Poor little Saffron. To be honest though I wouldn't have thought anyone named Lucifer would be in a hurry to put out a fire.
    edited March 2023
    Oh no. 😲 Poor little Saffron. To be honest though I wouldn't have thought anyone named Lucifer would be in a hurry to put out a fire.

Ha yeah. I think Sims 3 had a pyromaniac or "likes danger" trait but there's no equivalent in 4, unless it's in one of the packs I don't own. With toddlers in the past, sims have always been quick to get them to safety in the event of a fire, so their failure to help Saffron was a shock.
  • QueenKamishaQueenKamisha Posts: 34 Member
    blaq797 wrote: »
    So, mods are working fine for me, mostly just eyes after all...

I discovered that the target sim for the science baby interaction has to be on the lot for that specific interact to work. One needs their permission I guess otherwise its science baby from self... And sadly, at least not w/o grotog, science ones do not seem to give random multiples currently.

I also noticed that they added little icons to the tops of skillbars, nice touch.

Once my game downloaded I had my sim self have a science baby with my hubby and we got twins... a boy/girl. I haven't gotten back to them in a few days as life has happened.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 We have the Adrenaline Seeker lifestyle (with Snowy Escape) which causes sims to be excited by fire instead of scared. They don't run away, and they still can extinguish the fire if you direct them to.
    Anyhow that is quite an appalling situation! I wonder if maybe multiple caregivers were trying to save little Saffron and started interfering with each other?
    gen3-banner.png
    @Mariefoxprice83 We have the Adrenaline Seeker lifestyle (with Snowy Escape) which causes sims to be excited by fire instead of scared. They don't run away, and they still can extinguish the fire if you direct them to.
    Anyhow that is quite an appalling situation! I wonder if maybe multiple caregivers were trying to save little Saffron and started interfering with each other?

I think at one point 2 of them were trying to help. It happened again and I got poor Saffron away more quickly this time. That oven seems to be always catching fire.

I don't own Snowy Escape. I played the trial download of it a while ago but didn't like it enough to purchase.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Sims can't ride a bike if an infant is in the back carrier.

Oh that would have been cute.
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 74 Member
    I don't have growing together but I decided my male sim would have a science baby just to try it out. Luckily he came back with one new born.As I've never played with babies before it was a relief not to have twins or more.I fell in love with the infant when daddy fed him in the high chair.I have played with toddlers before but usually make them in CAS
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Just checking, are you not able to bathe infants in a CC tub at the moment? No matter what I do, when I tell a sim to give my infant a bath, it just glitches out and my infant is suddenly on the floor?
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    My infants after playing with another family are down the street my sim has to go pick them up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top