We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming Simulation Games

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,459 Member
edited March 2023 in Off Topic Chat
So we've now seen a little bit of the three simulation games releasing in the future. Which game are you most excited for?

ETA: Changed which one would you purchase to which are you most excited for.
#EA CreatorNetwork
AHQ Champion
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Upcoming Simulation Games 44 votes

Project Rene (The Sims 5)
45%
AlexailisamwittGoodywoodkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010NinoosimBabykittyjadechongjasmineDianesimsSiggDiggitJustinB113manicobsessiveCassieb95hely0tcholesterolskipPrincess of Da'varhItsGamerRachZerelthJennhad 20 votes
Paralives
15%
Isb9175782341b77vltelemwillEleriafoxstaillittle1133MrManyIdeas 7 votes
Life By You
38%
CK213SimsILikeSimsdreamerz13cleo224alanmichael1pammiechickhappyopiChicklet453681Madachan88PeralWildIrishBansheePatriceSimSpocksn4phRandomTokenCodeebrietasJotaerre3D 17 votes

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,137 Member
    I'm not sure yet. I guess I need to see more of all three before making a choice, but they all look like they have potential.

I'll come back and vote once we know more details.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,730 Member
    edited March 2023
    Probably none

so far I haven't seen anything of particular interest in Rene

and I am actually lowkey hoping it stays that way 😅
    as much as I love The Sims I'd rather not get invested in another time consuming and expensive game after TS4

same goes for the other options
    although them not being The Sims means I am even less interested in giving them a chance

(+ as far as i could tell there was no promise for occult in either which is a big nope for me)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    I'm definitely really interested in what Project Rene will be like and if they'll give us some more things we've been asking for (example more apartments) and less paywalls for everything maybe although I doubt it 😅 But I've been watching Paralives trailers for a while so I'm definitely excited for that too, I just feel like Sims is more dependable than Paralives but I have strong hopes it will be better than Project Rene 🤗
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    If I had to be excited for one I'd be project Rene because I love ts4 so much. I can only imagine that Ts5 would but ts4 ADVANCED if they make it right.
    However,I'm not especially excited for any one in particular. I don't like modern style of gaming where it's just all about meeting players demands. And the ones who shout the loudest always wins so those of us interested in other types of features or packs can forget it if there is no demand for it.
    It's no longer about unique dev creative visions or ideas. At least not for these types of games.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    Paralives
    I'm interested in Sims 5 but we know basically nothing about it and I'm really happy with where Sims 4 is at (improvements to be made, always, but it's the best game I've played so far and I could easily see myself playing it for another decade), so I'm most excited for Paralives! I intend to play both Sims 4 and Paralives at the same time. I'm not sure Life By You appeals to me just yet, it has some exciting features but I'm actually happy without open world (though I love the idea of placing lots).
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,093 Member
    None, I don't think I need another simulation game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,863 Member
    TS5, because I have a Mac and it's the only one I'm sure will be available on Mac.
    Life by You is only gonna be available on PC, at least upon release, and I don't think they said wether or not Paralives would be available on Mac.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited March 2023
    Life By You
    Life by You all the way! That is 100% a buy for me on day one, once it's available for early access on Steam (I don't want to buy it on the Epic Game Store because I already have a Steam Account).

I need to have much more custom-ability options than what The Sims current model is. I don't want just another pretty to look at game but need some depth to the actual game play (and if by chance LBY turns out to be nothing more than a "modders/builders/decorators" platform, that too is perfectly ok with me because that's essentially all TS4 is for me now, and I'll only be out $40 which is the price of a TS4 EP or a fast food dinner for my family. So yeah, definitely a buy!

I'm also not too worked up about the graphics, but I'm not opposed to mods either to enhance them. (I've used mods/CC in every single The Sims games, so I know that eventually I would be able to tweak the visuals to more my liking if it doesn't happen officially). I also used to be a 100% Alpha Girl up until about 2 years ago when I switched to MM. I'm not too big on characters looking overly realistic, but I think with a little more MM-ish looking skintone and better clothing textures, the characters will be fine.

I know some of the animations are also janky! But I have high hope that those will greatly improve after reading about their latest job posting on Linkedin:

vFFZx6M.png

I also really love the transparency and interactions that Paradox Tectonic is engaging in with the community.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,459 Member
    I'm most excited for Sims 5 but I'm still interested in and will continue to follow LBY and Paralives development.

I think what I'd miss most with those games is the sense of community and shared gameplay that's been around for the last 23 years. The forums are an integral part of my simming experience and I hope it'll continue with Sims 5. Discord just doesn't cut it. I belong to several and only check in occasionally for announcements.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,425 Member
    Life By You
    I'm most excited for Sims 5 but I'm still interested in and will continue to follow LBY and Paralives development.

I think what I'd miss most with those games is the sense of community and shared gameplay that's been around for the last 23 years. The forums are an integral part of my simming experience and I hope it'll continue with Sims 5. Discord just doesn't cut it. I belong to several and only check in occasionally for announcements.

For me as well, I don't like Discord at all. It's spammy to me and your post gets lost in a million scrolling replies to stuff.

I'm hoping that LBY has a sub-forum on the Paradox Interactive Forums like their other games. I'm keeping an eye out to see (so far there is NOT one for LBY, but hoping that will change in the future).
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/

Right now I'm a member of the LBY Reddit that is filling my "community discussion thirst" (that so far has not been toxic, only saw one comment that was a little snarky to another person).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,459 Member
    @Chicklet453681 thanks for that link. I'll keep an eye out als
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • cholesterolcholesterol Posts: 21 Member
    I’m excited for The Sims 5 the most simply for the reason that I love the franchise and the lore, the silliness, the gibberish language Simlish and the NPCs like Bonehilda and Grim Reaper. The Sims has a charm that just cannot be copied. Unfortunately EA doesn‘t appreciate what they have and their greedy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are ruining everything.

I‘m excited for LBY too. I think Rod is genuinely passionate about this project and wants to release the best game possible. I‘m looking forward to seeing his (and his teams) vision come to life. I don‘t think LBY will kill TS but I can see it making a big impact on the genre and even may force EA to rethink some things…

Paralives… I don‘t know. Honestly I don‘t believe that the game will ever release. I don‘t think it‘s a scam or anything but it‘s more lucrative for them to milk Patreon.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    LBY looks soulless and I think it’ll be a tick box/bar managing exercise - propose, sim goes on one knee, sims are engaged and all benefits happen in a menu screen etc. No proposing up a mountain or at a festival or at a village fair. No emotion, no heart, no fun. Just strategy and micromanaging. Some people will enjoy that but it’s not for me. I like the character/fun of the sims more than I do the needs management/strategy.

Paralives has more heart and soul. It looks fun but I am concerned that we’ve still seen so little after all this time. I don’t believe such a small indy team can pull it off to the extent that people want and even if it’s good players are going to start calling for DLC and that’ll probably take them another 5 years. I hope it comes out and is good but I have a feeling it might flop. They’ve taken too long and the competition will be tough for them.

Rene hasn’t impressed me because I’ve only seen build mode which looks no better or worse than the others. But it’s the sims 5 so I’m sure it’ll be big. I’m still most excited by Sims 4 and hope there is no rush to stop supporting it. Growing together has arguably ensured Sims 4 will be better than all 3 of these for years to come yet.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Life By You
    Honestly, LBY has me more excited. Nothing I've seen of Rene has me excited, but if it's not a repeat of Sims 3, I'll probably buy it. So far, Sims 3 is the only Sims game I don't own - those sims, gah. But my trust in EA/Maxis is at an all time low as well.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Life By You
    Life By You l, I guess. I think I'm still reserving a lot of judgement on all of them. Paralives looks like it has potential and I understand its a much slower process with the size of their team compared to say EA and the Sims but it feels like it's taking forever and not going very far so I dunno I'm not putting too much faith into until it's here.

Don't know enough about Project Rene to say really at this point. Most of what I have to go on is my faith in EA which is non-existant at this point. I did not like the direction they took with Sims 4 and even since Sims 3 I've been growing frustrated with them (my fave of the franchise but there is no denying how buggy it was seemed sometimes like I spent more time fixing it than playing it).

Life By You hasn't like really wowed me so far but it seems like it could be okay at least. I don't have real issues so far with it. Just not sure its going to be as amazing as I used to find the Sims.

I'll be keeping my eye on all of them. Based on what I see now I'd try Paralives and Life By You if the prices are right on them which will remain to be seen at the time what I feel is worth it. Sims 5/Project Rene will really need to wow me and I'd be unlikely to try it early on anyway... I'll be waiting for feedback on performance no matter how good it looks.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,705 Member
    Too early to tell, so I might vote later if we will see more from these games and this poll will still be around.

All three games have the potential to be really good, what I'm most excited for is what we will be able to do with these games and what the community will do. I hope that we will see a wide variety of people.

I don't tend to pick a side so I am hoping that all three games will do well, I want to see more companies try out life simulator games or implement life simulator game mechanics in their games. So many games are about death and destruction, I don't just want to save the world, I also want to live in it. Let us build houses, hang out with friends and customize our characters more in games.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,513 Member
    Life By You
    Right now it's Life by You.
    I loved playing in the open world with the Sims 3 and I'm not sure if Project Rene will be open world.
    I also love how Life By You will make it easier for me to create my own version of my game (the world and game play) with all their customization tools.

So far, Project Rene has me more concerned than excited.
    The ties to mobile gaming bothers me.
    The wanting it to be a shared experience bothers me.
    EA's love of money that micro-transactions and live service gaming brings bothers me.
    And the focus so far seems to be about building and sharing, not game play.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,084 Member
    I have been playing The Sims since The Sims 1 and I am currently more obsessed with it than I have ever been! I am so looking forward to trying out Sims 5. The only thing is that after playing The Sims 4 with all it's DLC, it will feel very empty to start with. I will probably end up playing them both at the same time for quite a while.
  • MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 202 Member
    Paralives
    Voted Paralives because I think it would be interesting to try something new.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,090 Member
    None of the Above.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Paralives
    Right now I find Paralives the most charming. However, we haven't seen any gameplay from Project Rene yet. If it has the same quirkiness as prior Sims games with the ability to play occults, it may be the best. For now, I can't get past Life by You's art style, the use of English conversations, and the more adult rating.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'll buy any of the three. I've invested a lot in Sims 4 and I'm in my 60's now. Starting over would be hard.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Paralives
    Paralives

Sims - always ALWAYS glitches! So done with glitchy Sims! Sims 3, glitchy! Sims 4, glitchy! Why should I believe that Sims 5 will be any different?

I want a game that I can PLAY! Not laggy or locked up! No more Sims! Sims 4 was my final Sims game. Sims 3 was my first. I spent hours watching my younger sister play Sims 1 & 2 on her console! She was the reason I got into the Sims in the first place.

I'll keep my Sims account activated for as long as possible so I can torture... I mean... VISIT y'all as long as I can, but my Sims playing days are over. Time to move on.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I have a bunch of RPG games installed on my gaming device. All of these titles are produced by different companies, and all of these titles have unique themes, unique stories, unique gameplay features and unique graphics. I can enjoy each of them for all these different reasons. This will be the same for me when it comes to life simulators. I’m not necessarily going to stick with just one. It depends on my mood and man, I’m one moody duderino. I must admit though that I haven’t yet had a “chance” to play Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures…

I’m interested in the life sim genre because these games offer innovative creative tools within a simulated environment.
    I can create characters, build entire worlds and place all of these assets into a live environment to tell various stories. That’s what excites me most about a life sim. It’s a live creative tool and it inspires me. If I can have access to 2 or 3 different (and hopefully interesting) life simulators, I won’t complain. Let’s go on an adventure or 2 or 3 then! The only enemy I could possibly encounter along the way is my limited budget. 😅

I purchased early access to Life By You because it promises a vast array of creative tools that I’m eager to play with.
    Even though I’m not a fan of the current graphics - especially the agents (good grief) - I don’t mind the fact that LBY is realistic and aimed at a more mature audience. In fact, I hope that the existence of LBY & -possibly- Paralives too, forces The Sims to re-embrace its quirky & satirical identity and develop even more fantastical gameplay. That’s what I love about that game. Here’s to hoping that The Sims will focus a little less on Uber Uber realistic social/ cultural representation and let games like LBY or even Paralives deal with it if that’s what folks really want. Personally I don’t need it at all.

It doesn’t bother me (yet) that LBY has no occults (it’s got open world and cars…myea I’m a bit of a sucker for that stuff…) as long as Project Rene aka Sims 5 will give us plenty of weird. Asking for a bit of fantasy & occult mayhem in Sims 4 sometimes feels like pulling tusks from a frozen mammoth stuck in a submerged and very much hidden ice cave on a mythical island, but interestingly enough the team always manages to implement occult gameplay quite well and the dedicated gamepacks are usually launched with very little to no bugs, at least in my experience.

Whichever life sim(s) I’ll be playing in the future, I just hope I can turn off the friggin’ phones. 😆

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,272 Member
    edited April 2023
    I need to know more, but I find LBY and Sims 5 the most interesting. LBY will have deep AI that could be very cool, and that it's open to lots of modding and CC is definitely great! The graphics doesn't impress me so far, but the game is still in development so anything can happen. Don't know much about Sims 5. EA have taken a lot of FlaK through the years and I hope they have learned their lessons. They have made my favourite games of all time, Sims 3 and, before that, Sims 2, so the potential is there. We'll see. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 956 Member
    I haven't seen or heard much about Paralives (other than that it exists) or TS5. The information released on Life by You definitely has my interest piqued. I will be waiting for reviews, though.