Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wants & Fears Discussion Thread

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > The one I use is MTSJungle Sim Fearless_All

Thanks you so much for this info!

You're very welcome. It gave me back my sanity, is all I can say. Now I can fulfill wants whenever the opportunity comes up without any worries my Sims are going to turn into Neurotics.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    Anyone still using Wants & Fears in TS4?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I am :)
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Yup, actually when you mix it with daily tasks and aspiration goals plus extra interactions you want your Sims to do throughout the day it got a really really nice flow
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

I am. But I wish they would tone it down a little. sometimes it feels like I have to give them a want every five minutes. Not to long ago I had a sim have a tantrum back to back to back. Seeing red, ok do this are you happy now. Yes, for five seconds. and that went on a couple of times. Really, kids are better behaved then the adults.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

Yep. My gameplay usually centres around them <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Are there something new in the latest EP?

I think there's 2 or 3 new Wants a at least 1 new Fear.
    Nowhere near as many as I'd hoped for, if I'm honest.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »

If that's the case I must wonder what the point was of even adding this system. I mean why bother updating/adding this core personality system if it's just going to end up like whims, ignored and neglected.
    edited March 2023

Same, I'm a wants-based player so I've always gravitated towards Sims 2. The only way I get enjoyment out of Sims 3 and 4 is with your mods :D
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

If that's the case I must wonder what the point was of even adding this system. I mean why bother updating/adding this core personality system if it's just going to end up like whims, ignored and neglected.

And not even properly finished in the first place.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

what are they @MissyHissy ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    I’m glad they implemented wants and fears feature but I think they need to do more with it and it needs to react based on personalities, not all sims should have the same wants and fears solely based on what happens in the game. I wish they would do an update, making the new features like wants and fears better. There’s a lot of things that they have put in the game that they could update and make a lot better, my wish is that they would dedicate a whole update to just fixing bugs without adding anything into the game or releasing new content. Then I wish once they. Clean it up, they would make the features that they have added like neighborhood stories, wants and fears, Impressions of other sims, it’s not that any of these new features are bad but they feel a bit unfinished and could be really great if they updated them to their full potential. What I wish they would stop doing is just releasing more content to fix that ultimately doesn’t get fixed or updated. I wish they would focus on bettering what’s already there before putting more in.

My thoughts exactly. I actually had high hopes for the Wants (I know, I know, that was very silly of me :p ) but I'm actually quite gutted. Especially as they gave an incentive to complete wants - the fulfillment - and then don't bother adding more. For a lot of players, it's an integral part of their gameplay.

Same, I'm a wants-based player so I've always gravitated towards Sims 2. The only way I get enjoyment out of Sims 3 and 4 is with your mods :D

The lack of attention to the whims/wants in Sims 4 is quite gutting.

The two I found were related to the layoffs in careers: Work Hard and Quit Job (both due to Rumours of Layoffs). The third is the fear confrontation want; Have Effort Praised Over Time.
    The fear is Fear of Being Inferior.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

My thoughts exactly. I actually had high hopes for the Wants (I know, I know, that was very silly of me :p ) but I'm actually quite gutted. Especially as they gave an incentive to complete wants - the fulfillment - and then don't bother adding more. For a lot of players, it's an integral part of their gameplay.

The two I found were related to the layoffs in careers: Work Hard and Quit Job (both due to Rumours of Layoffs). The third is the fear confrontation want; Have Effort Praised Over Time.

I'm glad they added stuff it shows they haven't given up on them and thank you for the info @MissyHissy
    more for sim kids and more drama please

I'm glad they added stuff it shows they haven't given up on them and thank you for the info @MissyHissy

Any time! I was hoping they'd have added more, like children wanting to learn to ride their bikes etc. It's a shame but like you said; they haven't given up completely yet!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Any time! I was hoping they'd have added more, like children wanting to learn to ride their bikes etc. It's a shame but like you said; they haven't given up completely yet!

I've had this want :smiley: So there's that, at least!

Are you using my Hopes & Fears mod and Custom Wants? Because I made that want last week for it due to a lack of one in the game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Are you using my Hopes & Fears mod and Custom Wants? Because I made that want last week for it due to a lack of one in the game.

Ah... Yes, I am! Thank goodness for you :)<3

Ah... Yes, I am! Thank goodness for you :)<3

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying them all the same! <3
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wish cowardly was a trait- like how it used to be in TS3. You may want some Sims to be fearful, but not others. For the same resons, Bravery should also be just a trait, not a reward IMO.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited August 2023
    It's been a year. I download a save and start playing with it, not realising fears were turned on for that save specifically. Start playing for a few weeks. Nothings that problematic, it's life as usual, have Sim stand outside at 9pm for an hour. Fear of dark, I then proceed to cheat in a fear-be-gone to get rid of it since it happened at a nonsensical moment. Moodlet persists after, and even in the day... Yeah you can stay off for good again, time to roll back a save.

It's been a year, how is that not fixed?
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    It's been a year. I download a save and start playing with it, not realising fears were turned on for that save specifically. Start playing for a few weeks. Nothings that problematic, it's life as usual, have Sim stand outside at 9pm for an hour. Fear of dark, I then proceed to cheat in a fear-be-gone to get rid of it since it happened at a nonsensical moment. Moodlet persists after, and even in the day... Yeah you can stay off for good again, time to roll back a save.

It's been a year, how is that not fixed?

I use a mod to prevent fears, but allows my Sims to fulfill the wants/wishes. MTS JungleSim Fearless_All
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    It's such a shame that people have to rely on mods to disable dysfunctional features.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top