Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I take my sim's photo's and make them family portraits

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Hi there simmers. Since we got Growing together I felt my game needed more family portraits in their houses, but I am not a big fan of having mods in my game so had to try and do it with what the game offers, and I managed to do it as explained below in a spoiler under the pics I have made in game so far ;)

YdQmhYH.png

mxTwp7b.png

i5Z6JA7.png
It is a bit of a big tutorial so please bare with me, I tried to make it very easy to explain.
You will need two things for this to work.

The family portrait (we got it a few years ago as a gift when installing the mobile sims game. It is available here if you missed out then ;)https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob )
hpjyuip.png

and you need the basegame crystal clear digital camera. (You need to buy it and place it in your sim's inventory)
2vT8j2r.png

Once your family portrait frame is against the wall it will automatically display the household as it is. Mine is currently a mom with her infant. You can change the outfits and randomize the poses by selecting the portrait.

jHTyCdh.png

Np4kQXU.png

EWaossR.png

Once you have your desired pose and outfit then walk your sim over to the portrait, make sure they face the portrait. I usually have them walk past it so that they have to turn around to face it to walk closer. Once they are in position click on the camera in their inventory and select take photo. Your walls can be down, mine is only up because I need to show you round about where your sim should stand, they can stand back a bit more, but with the camera you have you can zoom out which helps.

4N0XSYx.png

It will look like this, you can select which size photo you would like, I selected large for this one

oxvqRcy.png

Once the photo's are taken, then go find a spot in the house you would like to place them.
You can place the photo on the wall by dragging it out from the inventory against the wall.
2y81pNM.png

then select to add a frame and the colour
JueWvZk.png

weTJ1uu.png

and wolla you have a nice pic of the family in a frame :)
IyeuJ1U.png

You can also drag photo's into the photo frames we got with Mochino stuff and Growing together ;)

Hope this helps you all, happy simming <3
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    The photo's that I took of the newborn in the bassinet and the infant on the play mat, crib and on the rug in her nursery is purely my sim just standing near by and selecting to take a photo as in the tutorial above. It takes a bit of trial and errors on where they need to stand but you do manage to take nice photo's if you keep trying until you find the right angles ;)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    This is such a fun idea I love it !
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Genius. Thank you!
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Lovely thread! I enjoy doing this but I love your tip about the family portrait. Thank you for sharing! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Angel_mixAngel_mix Posts: 31 Member
    What a great tip! Thank you for sharing :smiley:
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Thanks for sharing this amazing idea!
  • Options
    SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    Love this! Can someone tell me where you put the family portrait package once you've downloaded it please?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    SweetBexi wrote: »
    Love this! Can someone tell me where you put the family portrait package once you've downloaded it please?

Good question. I'm guessing into the "Mods" folder?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Exactly.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you so much for this!
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    This is such a fun idea I love it !

thank you, so glad you love it :)
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Genius. Thank you!

It is a pleasure, glad you found the thread since you asked about it ;) happy simming :)
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Lovely thread! I enjoy doing this but I love your tip about the family portrait. Thank you for sharing! <3

I love the family portrait, because you can have the whole family in the pic and don't have to move in a sim to be able to take the family photo ;)
    Angel_mix wrote: »
    What a great tip! Thank you for sharing :smiley:

It is a pleasure :)
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this amazing idea!

It is a pleasure, hope it comes in handy for you :)
    SweetBexi wrote: »

So glad you love it :) The family portrait package goes in your mods folder like any other cc, unless you got it from the promotion then it will be in your game automatically like other basegame buy mode objects.
    Ziafar wrote: »
    Thank you so much for this!

It is a pleasure :)

Gosh you guys were busy while I was sleeping ;) I am so happy that the little tutorial will help you all have some nice family photo's in your sim's houses. Happy simming all <3
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Great idea!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    OMG, I never even thought of that! :-o Awesome!
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Great tip ty- would this work with selfies too? as my sims at alot of selfies with family members - they would love to frame
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    This is so awesome! So much easier than what I’ve been doing since I also don’t like to use mods.
  • Options
    Great idea!

Thank you :)
    OMG, I never even thought of that! :-o Awesome!

Thank you :)
    Great tip ty- would this work with selfies too? as my sims at alot of selfies with family members - they would love to frame

Yes, selfies will go into your inventory and can be dragged onto the wall and framed, however they are all one size, but you can use the upsize [ ] cheat to make them bigger, they become a bit blurry though ;)
    This is so awesome! So much easier than what I’ve been doing since I also don’t like to use mods.
    I hope it comes in handy for you :)

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    What creative thinking! Thank you for the tutorial and the link to the family portrait!
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    What creative thinking! Thank you for the tutorial and the link to the family portrait!

It is a huge pleasure, happy simming :)
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @mcrudd: Thanks for the link to the family portrait and the tutorial. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @mcrudd: Thanks for the link to the family portrait and the tutorial. :)

It is a huge pleasure, happy simming :)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thanks so much!! I also recommand using the Moschino SP camera and tripod, I managed to take nice photos with it. When you want to take a picture of a sim with an infant though it does not work for some reason.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! I also recommend using the Moschino SP camera and tripod, I managed to take nice photos with it. When you want to take a picture of a sim with an infant though it does not work for some reason.

same i tried to take photo with the Moschino pack also didnt work for me also so uninstalled it - even the photoshoot studio nothing happens when i try to take pics of my sims - so i just take selfies of my sims now
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! I also recommand using the Moschino SP camera and tripod, I managed to take nice photos with it. When you want to take a picture of a sim with an infant though it does not work for some reason.

That is a great recommendation if you take a photo of the family portrait frame. That way you won't battle to line your sim up infront of the frame, you can just direct them to the tripod ;) Thanks for the suggestion :)
    same i tried to take photo with the Moschino pack also didnt work for me also so uninstalled it - even the photoshoot studio nothing happens when i try to take pics of my sims - so i just take selfies of my sims now

I have seen a few people mention that the Moshchino photoshoot items was not updated for infants, hopefully that will happen in an update in the future :)

• Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    I will definitely do this. Thank you, this is awesome. Honestly never would have thought of this.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the family portrait. That's a really good idea! Also, thanks for the link to the portrait. I use Ravasheen's family portrait version, which is simpler than the gift one but not as big.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel