Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Pebbles_75 wrote: »
    Hi sorry I'm very new here so wasnt sure where to post my query. Does anyone know if Kyle only visits if you live in San Sequioa? Has he visited any of your lots outside this world? He hasnt been yet but my sims currently live in Henford on Bagley so I just wondered. Thanks

Yes he will, He asked to visit in Evergreen Harbor.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If Britechester was designed to be British, that explains the canal boats that frequently pass by my sims house 🤣.
    I don’t know how well traveled all the dev’s are. I’m sure it’s probably easier to make a place that you are familiar with. And if they are like most of us in the U. S. many have lived in dorms in the states.

I think they said they travel on location when they build a world, to get pictures and inspiration. They did that for Batuu.

But, I wonder how much travel EA allows them to take? I’m sure it is quite an Expense ( though expenses can be written off ). And, with covid still not completely gone, it could also be considered a hazard. Besides I think Expansion packs are started at least a year or two in advance which means some of these pack were probably started when travel was not too much of the thing because of covid. Some places were probably pretty well closed to foreigners for awhile, and restaurants and things went through a closure period in many areas, so travel was probably not encouraged during that time. Just my thoughts anyway….
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    edited March 2023
    By
    BriteHaven wrote: »
    The Gilbert Gardens neighborhood of San Sequoia has a primary school, pictured here: https://64.media.tumblr.com/922535cee48a4ca970cb064d81495d1c/5649dc479a892ea4-99/s1280x1920/6199e7c264acaa55691300183c0ce6856d6618be.png

I wish I could mod it to function like the lecture halls in Discovery University, so my child sims could actually walk to and from school, as well as visit for other activities (like earning extra credit).

Well, I put a podium with chairs in one of the Library rooms in San Sequoia for my Politicians, and in one of my saves in San Myshuno I have and Eco lot with lots of activities, one of the activities I have is an area set up like a business type area . It has a CEO office with a receptionist, a business lecture room with a Podium, chairs and some things from the business career like a sales chart, and another room for debates. I’m not sure if you can send clubs ( from get together ) to Eco community lots, but if you could you could make groups, of business people, politicians, school students etc. there. I’m guessing a library would make a good school lot. I don’t use mods, so the club system works well for me.
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    People will complain about worlds regardless. Different people want different things.

I’d say SS is one of the weaker worlds because it doesn’t please the game players (not enough gameplay), and it doesn’t please the builders (not enough lots). It’s also just not that interesting an aesthetic and one we already had done better with BB. I kinda feel forced to play there as it’s the new world but it doesn’t excite me at all.

As I said elsewhere though it’s wrong to compare worlds like this to the world of a pack where it’s the sole focus like sulani. But people will, human nature. I would just say if they’re going to make a world with barely any gameplay they should give more lots for builders. Should really be satisfying one group of players if not both.

I would suggest they don’t need to make a world for every pack. They could have put the time spent building this world into making more gameplay items/events instead like seasons. But people would complain about that too. They can’t really win.

I am really glad they gave us a world with this pack. I haven’t played enough yet to discover much with it, I’m still looking through the gallery for lots and want to update some sims with likes and dislike compatibilities and such.
  • haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before (so apologies if it has) but does anyone else have 2 San Sequioas in their Manage World view?
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    haggis1969 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before (so apologies if it has) but does anyone else have 2 San Sequioas in their Manage World view?

I think I saw this listed as a bug on the EA Support site.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    San sequoia feels and looks like a bigger Willow Creek. It is fine for me, if it had the lively character Willow Creek has.

I'm not talking about the whole world neither. I usually play in only one of its neighbourhoods. It has environment effects, train rails, five lots, a community garden with a townie dressed as a gardener that will visit it regularly, space to ride bikes, a look-like neighbourhood street where your neighbours actually live in, plenty of harvestables, at least one fishing spot, a magical tree that's an entry to a hidden lot, and that you can interact with even if you choose to not enter the hidden lot, a seasonal stand that will appear around if you have seasons installed.

I'm talking about by far the smallest neighbourhood of the world.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Sorry, I have no idea how this neighbourhood is spelled.

I've noticed that there is nobody walking the neighbourhood in this place. It can't be that I don't have the memory to support it on my computer but I cant figure it out. It's a huge open neighbourhood but theres no opportunities for my sims to meet other people.

do you use mods? if so, i'd suggest the population control option from MCCC

Interesting.. what does this do?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    the lots are placed too far apart and there aren't enough active lots so it seems a lot more deserted than it should.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Sorry, I have no idea how this neighbourhood is spelled.

I've noticed that there is nobody walking the neighbourhood in this place. It can't be that I don't have the memory to support it on my computer but I cant figure it out. It's a huge open neighbourhood but theres no opportunities for my sims to meet other people.

do you use mods? if so, i'd suggest the population control option from MCCC

Interesting.. what does this do?

if you go to the MCCC option on a sim computer and click other options theres a "population control" option and you can change the max amount of sims that can be on all commercial lots so that more townies can hopefully show up. it defaults the # to 20 but if you edit it you can make it whatever you want! tho the recommended amount is 40 haha.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not just you they love to create massive empty worlds with spread out lots. I don't get the point of all this open space like carnivals no one goes to or splash pads no one goes to.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2023
    Not surprising, it's not San Myshuno :p

By default, the game focuses on filling the current lot instead of making the neighborhood vibrant.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Sadly, San Sequoia isn't the only ghost town world. The outside spaces don't have many sims walking about because the sims spawn close to the active lots. Before the patch update I had downloaded a mod by weerbesu, that'll spawn sims to walk over a longer distance. Sims were actually walking through the carnival pier area. I wish they could get on rides by themselves and just interact with the objects in that area. I haven't put the mod back in my game yet after the update but at least you get to see sims walking around.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

Which pack added a carnival area??
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »
    the lots are placed too far apart and there aren't enough active lots so it seems a lot more deserted than it should.

That's my biggest problem.The lots are so far apart and around them is set dressing.
    Future wrote: »
    Sadly, San Sequoia isn't the only ghost town world. The outside spaces don't have many sims walking about because the sims spawn close to the active lots. Before the patch update I had downloaded a mod by weerbesu, that'll spawn sims to walk over a longer distance. Sims were actually walking through the carnival pier area. I wish they could get on rides by themselves and just interact with the objects in that area. I haven't put the mod back in my game yet after the update but at least you get to see sims walking around.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

High School Year's, it mostly rabbit holes.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

Ahh thanks. I have to do better about exploring these worlds. My Sims rarely leave the house. :D

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

Ahh thanks. I have to do better about exploring these worlds. My Sims rarely leave the house. :D

It's very awkward to get there it's not a lot.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I am that kind of person which is always hungry for more lots in the game so I am always happy if we get new worlds but from a couple of expansions I feel that the worlds are getting more and more useless and probably San Sequoia is the worst world after Del Sol Valley. This is why.

1. The world map is messy. The angle is weird and the functional lots are weirdly placed on the screen.

The-Sims-4-Growing-Together-San-Sequoia-World-Map-Explained.jpg?w=1170

2. There is only 12 lots. It means that a big city inspired world has less lots than small Brindleton Bay.

3. Lots placement is really controversial.

5. The world is totally dead. Everything is fake. Literally. The space between the lots is huge and due to that there is no sims even.

FpysqN1aMAA2p7y.jpg

6. The most interesting part of the city is not functional. I mean towhnouses especially.

7. Suburbian area restrict the style of the buildings. In Willow Creek for example it is possible to rebuild whole neighbourhood because we have a couple of lots next to each other, but in San Sequoia between the lots we have a tone of blue suburbian houses.

Screenshot-2497.jpg.webp

Sorry The Sims team but you lose my trust.

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

omg yes when I played in this area literally NO ONE was there besides my sim and the vendors. It's as if no sims are routed to show up here so it stays deserted. It really ruins the immersion, because in a small town, you'd think ALL the teens and families would wanna hangout there to do something fun.

I recently downloaded a mod called "More Than Just A Lot" by FDSims4Mods. It helped to get a crowd of sims walking and interacting with the objects around the carnival pier area in High School Years. It should help with the ghost town in San Sequoia too.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I see a lot of foot traffic in Gilbert Gardens, but I think that's because I'm using the 40x20 lot and I noticed the spawn point is right beside the building across the street. I imagine if playing on one of the other lots in that neighborhood you might not notice them because they tend to walk past the rec center and over the bridge and go away. Several did swim in the lake on warm days though. I saw one walkby autonomously use the splash pad. It was Nanami Ito with an umbrella because it was raining, which feels like typical sims logic.

I'm disappointed there was no "Play in water together" interaction with the splash pad features. My sim wanted to take her granddaughter but since she was from another household she wasn't controllable and there was no way for me to get her to play.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @Daephene I use a mod that I find really helpfull. Control any Sims found on MTS
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    They really need to return to the classic smaller neighborhoods, when they space out all the lots so far apart from another just to give the illusion of a bigger world, it feels more empty if they would instead just make a smaller more compact and dense neighborhood.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It's actually my favorite world at the moment.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Windenburg is a bustling metropolis by comparison.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »

That's my biggest problem.The lots are so far apart and around them is set dressing.

Strangerville, though it is almost entirely set dressing, has more sim activity - especially in the area around the bar & library. Am getting the impression that EA is increasingly relying on the fake instead of real. Sims? What are they? But our worlds are sure pretty.