Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bed Sizes

Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
edited March 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I wish the game came with a greater variety of bed sizes, for example king size and small doubles, as well as regular sized double beds.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    What would be the function of the king size bed? 3 sims can sleep in it? Or it would still house only 2 sims but take up more tile space?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Future wrote: »
    What would be the function of the king size bed? 3 sims can sleep in it? Or it would still house only 2 sims but take up more tile space?

It would fill more space, yes, which wouldn't be a bad thing in some larger lots. Maybe a kid could sleep with their parents if they had a nightmare, or the family could snuggle up together on a weekend morning. Perhaps also there would be room for a pet to sleep on the bed as well, if Cats and Dogs is instealled.

I wasn't really thinking about the practicalities, to be honest. I was looking at my small double and I realised that I couldn't accurately represent it in the game if I wanted to because it's too big to be a single as they appear in the game and too small to be a double. At the same time it occurred to me that I have relatives who have a king size, and I'm sure there are players who do too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Future wrote: »

It would fill more space, yes, which wouldn't be a bad thing in some larger lots. Maybe a kid could sleep with their parents if they had a nightmare, or the family could snuggle up together on a weekend morning. Perhaps also there would be room for a pet to sleep on the bed as well, if Cats and Dogs is instealled.

I wasn't really thinking about the practicalities, to be honest. I was looking at my small double and I realised that I couldn't accurately represent it in the game if I wanted to because it's too big to be a single as they appear in the game and too small to be a double. At the same time it occurred to me that I have relatives who have a king size, and I'm sure there are players who do too.

Ah I remember when Cats & Dogs first came out people were upset animals couldn't get on beds. If you had a king size bed, there would be more space for the pets. I can see it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I wish toddlers and even infants could be able to sleep in a regular bed as well, maybe they could sleep in bed with their parents after they have a nightmare.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2023
    Since the sims can't interact with the other side, different sizes could be compatible with the existing interactions.

Cal. King size would be nice for the rich sims.

bed-si10.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2023
    3-sim bed interactions would also be welcome for :
    • 3 romantic partners (sleep)
    • 2 parents and a child at the middle place (tell a story, sleep)
    • 2 sims and a cat/dog at the middle place (pet, sleep)

No need to do a complex animation to reach the middle place, just jump there.
  • Starling_BlackmoreStarling_Blackmore Posts: 8 New Member
    It’d be nice if all beds had a 1 and 2 person version, as well as a corresponding toddler and infant bed! It’s so annoying that there’s not a matching crib (mermaids), infant and toddler bed for all occult types!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I would love for all of the beds to match in sizes as well.😉