Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hobbies and crafting EP for 2023

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
The second EP for 2023 must be a hobbies and crafting related one.

New crafting activities: sewing, pottery, glassblowing
New musical instruments: saxophone, bass and drums
New sports items: soccer goal, volleyball net for swimming pools

New gameplay: hobbies system, enthusiasm system

Comments

• ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    I don't mind they divide it in order for full focus though
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    I wish horse GP can bring something crafting back, more woodworking, pottery and glassblowing.
    I don't expect sewing or spinning, since they didn't add the silkworm to the insect farm in EL. And leather will be protested by PETA. I can't think of any daily necessities that blacksmiths can make as well.
    Archery may be a good choice if in a prairie world.
    I read your wish again, Jazz and related instruments also win priority. They built the jazz theme bar BlueVelvet in willow creek, however, we lack saxophone and harmonica.
    If you confine gameplay to EP, I think it's a great possibility for the singer, band and some street activities like skateboarding.
  • afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    I neeeed a pottery pack. It would go so well with woodworking and I think we need more creative hobbies personally, whenever I have a child high in creativity I always get stuck with what to do for their hobbies other than painting/drawing. I'd also love an adult-child pottery interaction too, it would work well with mentoring.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    New crafting activities: Making voodoo dolls :p , jewelry
    New musical instruments: Accordion
    New sports: Baseball play catch, skatepark, frisbees
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    New crafting activities: making candy/chocolates, fine jewelry, fine perfume, personal care products
    New sports: tennis, golf, wind surfing, water skiing
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would really like jewelry making back. Perfume making could be interesting, lots of moodlets that could go along with that one.
    Chocolate/candy making would be a great addition. Skateboarding and skate parks would be amazing.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Chocolate and candy would be great indeed. Would also like a make-up box, something small that can be placed on a shelf instead of the big make-up table. Would also like some simple vases with a number of slots that we could stock with flowers in our inventory. Often I have flowers but can't be bothered to make arrangements out of them, but just placing them in a little vase with water would be lovely, no flower arranging skill required.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2023
    For Winterfest, the adults could teach to the children how to make chocolate truffles.

i1558110.jpg
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    I would like a hobby GP that really goes deep on the hobbies and doesn't bother with a world.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    A little functional makeup box would be great so we’ll have an alternative to the makeup table. I would like the ability to place them on counters, tables and shelves.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    The second EP for 2023 must be a hobbies and crafting related one.

New crafting activities: sewing, pottery, glassblowing
    New sports items: soccer goal, volleyball net for swimming pools

New gameplay: hobbies system, enthusiasm system

Ballet would be awesome, too. (With an associated afterschool dance club for teens and/or kids. While we're at it, I want a school newspaper extracurricular for them, too!)

Less important to me, but I did enjoy toymaking in TS3. Though I would also settle for adding a few more toys to knitting and woodworking, rather than adding a new object and skill line.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    I would like an expansion pack with a world with a dance school so my boy child sim atlas aka pig can learn ballet tap dancing and stuff please I would also like a world with a performing arts theater so my two adult sims Celeste and Christopher aka kipper and tiger can go see plays concerts and stuff please please add them to the sims 4
    edited April 2023
    I would like an expansion pack about going to church with a world with a church where my family the Michaelsons aka the beagles can go to church that has a nursery for Orion aka Arnold Sunday school for atlas aka pig and the church auditorium for Celeste and Christopher aka kipper and tiger please and I’d also like an expansion pack about reptiles with a world with a reptile park where my sim atlas aka pig can go on a field trip at with snakes crocodiles turtles tortoises and alligators please these are for the sims 4
    edited April 2023
    I’d even like an expansion pack which is a world with a childrens museum which can children and infants can explore new things like pretend cooking and pretend shopping and lots more pretend stuff
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    In Willow Creek inspired by New Orleans , trumpets are still missing

55980010.jpg

So are saxophones and banjos.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2023
    More woodmaking please I want more handmade toy too
    Post edited by Ararine on
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    I am once again asking for nectar making!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes! I would love more crafting/hobby making activities along with having garage/yard sales! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    The thread is probably too old to post to now without necroing- but I did a post about different crafting skills I'd like to see. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998872/idea-blacksmithing-pottery-glass-blowing-sewing-basketry-leatherworking-etc

Pottery, basketweaving, coopering, blacksmithing (you can make utensils, hair pins, tools, horseshoes, wrought iron, etc), jewelcrafting, glass blowing, scrimshaw (carving of horn/bone/ivory), leatherworking (I don't care what peta thinks-- if you can have cows that produce milk and they get old and die, you should be able to use their hides/leather), weaving, hand-sewing, etc. I would like to have a variety of equipment from modern, to medieval, to magical. For "occult" types there could be enchanted forges, sewing looms or whatever. I would love to have older style spinning wheels and such.

Not sure what skill it would take for this, but I like the figurines where they carve holes and it is hollow inside and sometimes there is even a round marble or something carved in there.
    81b1493f-7d9b-4032-8f6f-d3cb8eaf5c38.91d6848b8302b41c663e598377c6c8a6.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF

In terms of sports, I'd like water polo, horse riding obstacle courses, etc. I'm on sports. Water aerobics would be cool. I do like the idea of home crafts from sims being sold. Maybe a sims version of Etsy or something.

I wouldn't mind more gathering skills like foraging in the wild (similar to digging in the sand looking for stuff, but Sims look around in bushes and stuff), salt gathering, clay gathering, mining, digging up clams/oysters, gathering sand (for glassblowing), etc. There could be an off-the-grid woodsy sim that forages in the woods and gathers all of their own crafting materials from nature.

I'm also seconding nectar making. Oh, and silkworms to get silk. Instead of killing the silkworks to get it though, they can have ones that are like tent caterpillars and build nests of silk.
    ETC1_LW-768x576.jpg

More woodworking would be nice as well. I mentioned coopering (making barrels) as an option.