Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated Apr 17, '24)

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member

Chapter 32 - First Light
    Dnxn3gf.png
    Well, I've just about exhausted the pictures I got before Modpocalypse and the new pack. With most of my mods working now (lost one I liked, but not a critical one) and the new pack installed, I've started working on the next story arc. I want to play around with some of the new features. The whole social compatibility thing is interesting and I'm not sure how well it's going to work with the existing relationships. So, I'm playing a bit to see what happens.

What I'm saying is, I'm not sure when the next update will be, but I'm working on it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @luciusstorm
    It's wonderful to see our M&M's back together even though there is plenty of work to do to repair the damage. Mariah understandably still has a lot of trust issues that she has to work through. With what she's been through in her life it's not surprising she struggles in that aspect of her relationships. Miranda is the perfect person to help her find her way to towards healing. I look forward to the next chapter whenever it comes.s🙂
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited March 2023
    Alien invasion by midterms. :D I’m really loving the humor in these updates!

Edit: I’m still really behind, but I’m getting there!
    @DaniRose2143
    In my original outline for this arc, I have a spot about here labeled "Breakup(?)" but I couldn't do it. At the same time, I felt having everything go back to be sunshine and roses between them simply wasn't earned. They love each other, but love can be hard work sometimes. Mariah been making some serious mistakes. She needs to shape up and it's going to take Miranda a little time to forgive her. Still, she's finally recognized she's in trouble (thank you, Aadi) and she's started down the path of making things better. We'll see where the next steps take her.
    @Metior_Ice
    I think Miranda has a pretty good sense of the absurdity of her life.

You're catching up. Clearly, you just need to sit down and binge your way through... :)
    New chapter...

Chapter 33 - Home for the Holidays
    4hnAcxL.png
    @luciusstorm
    Wonderfully done as always! It's nice to see Mariah back home. The last time she had been it wasn't pretty. But I knew her moms wouldn't hold it against her. I get the sense that Liberty's guilt has far more to do with what she didn't do as much as what she did. Oh Mariah dear, snooping around in files is how we got here. Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.
    @DaniRose2143
    Thank you. Every time I take this story to Tartosa, I really hope that I do justice to the characters you created (even when I know that I've taken them into my universe and run with them). So, I'm glad that I managed to get them right again.

Mariah is going after the single most dangerous thing you can try to ask from a spy - the truth. It is indeed going to be a bumpy night.

Chapter 34 - Night-time Mischief
    6fxOsMy.png
    @luciusstorm
    I love the twist! Mariah, you should have known that a master spy would be ready for you.
    @DaniRose2143
    Yeah, she should have... but she's 19 and has all the confidence of youth.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Awesome.
    Observation: The door was unlocked when it had no business being unlocked.
    Conclusion: I'm much more awesome than the spy master whose home I've entered, knowing nothing about!
    Confidence of youth indeed XD
    @mightysprite
    A favorite quote among my friends... old swordsmen get to be that way by being very good... or, in this case, mature spies.
    I've said before that I will take at least 10 screen captures for every 1 I use in the story. Some entire sequences never make it in for one reason or another and a lot of good pictures end up on the proverbial cutting room floor.

Below is a picture that has nothing to do with our current storyline but which I wanted to share just because...
    Were-baby! Who is really not sure about this whole 'dad with a bottle' idea...
    tt9RROT.png
    First let me say how cute and funny that picture is! That expression is just everything!🥰 The little one is skeptical to say the least.

I'm the same way when it comes to screenshots. By the time I wrap up getting the shots I want for the next Tartosan Sun I will probably add another 2 or 3 pages to my Imgur. That's about the norm for me. I think the biggest was Danielle and Londyn's wedding which added I think 5 pages just for that one chapter.
    A new chapter... secrets revealed and dark truths uncovered

Chapter 35 - Classified Information
    Hy2AHcM.png
    @luciusstorm
    Twists on top of twists! That was superbly written! I feel like Liberty got as much out of revealing those secrets as Mariah did, for the moment. Hopefully Mariah keeps her wits about her now that she knows Ms. H is a rat. This could still blow up in a lot of faces.[/spoiler}
    edited March 2023
    @DaniRose2143, thank you. I've had this story in my head for a while, so it's nice to finally share it.
    After reading your Under the Tartosan Sun update this morning, I couldn't help but be reminded that my Liberty is owes more to yours than on the one from Willow Creeks BFF household... albeit transported into my Wyrd world.

I couldn't help but look at the happy young woman about to married in your update and compare her to mine... and wonder about all the pain and regret, what losses and lies, she has picked up in the ~20 years that separate them. As she said in the last chapter, she carries the weight of Tony Basso's death and everything that happened to Mariah afterward. In a real way, she has been another, secret, foster mother to Mariah... protecting her from the shadows.

For a young woman who still doesn't completely believe herself worthy of love, Mariah has a lot of people who love her.

Edit: ... and yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out what Mariah is going to do with all this new information... and how, as a writer, I can avoid getting her killed when we all know that her first reaction is to run screaming at the powerful crime lord and the 100 year old vampire who murdered her father.
    @luciusstorm
    Thank you so much for those really kind words. I’m happy readers connect with my characters. So often I wonder if I’ve made them and their lives too perfect and I find it amazing that people keep coming back for more.

Mariah does have a history of charging into the flames and thinking later. I trust that she’ll make it out of this alive if not unharmed.
    A brief interlude, to check in on another annual holiday gathering...

Interlude - The Dark Court
    jAtUp6c.png
    I have to say, I'm pretty proud of the location and characters I created for this one.

Also, this is probably the last update for the week. As I said earlier, I need to figure out how to write my way out of this mess now.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I still have so much to catch up on. 😭 But, I’m getting there. Hate to say it, but maybe I’ll finally be caught up when you figure things out.

I am enjoying the chapters I’ve read. I’m sure I probably missed it in an older chapter, but Mariah is from Sulani but moved to Tartosa? She had a relationship with a mermaid? So many questions!
    @Metior_Ice, glad you're enjoying it. You'll get there. :)
    Mariah was born in Tartosa, the illegimate daughter of Antonio "Big Tony" Basso and Janet Hara (a lounge singer originally from Sulani), and lived there until she was 9 or 10. She then moved to Sulani with Janet Hara and lived there until she was 14 or 15, when she was adopted by Londyn and Danielle Huntley and moved back to Tartosa where she was living when she first entered our story.

Mariah had no knowledge of the supernatural world before meeting Miranda. Doesn't mean the supernatural world didn't know about her though. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Oooooo someone's made enemies :o
    @mightysprite
    Yeah, when a cabal of ancient vampires knows your name, it's probably time to take a hard look at your life choices. B)
    @luciusstorm
    Miranda and Mariah's world is about to get really messy. Be careful.