Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it safe to delete the Michealsons (Growing Together)

I would like to delete this family. I have zero interest in playing them because I tend to play my own characters. In 5 years of playing the sims 4 I actively played just 1 single premade. The michealsons also occupy one of the few bigger lots in the new world. The problem with the michealsons is that they are apparently tied into the lore of the pack and sims can talk about them when you ask about san seqouia. They also have special hidden traits. What will happen when I get rid of them?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2023
    I play in a very similar fashion. I evict or delete most pre-mades, whether or not there’s some kind of lore tied to them.
    My towns, my lots, my sims, my stories.

These characters are just there for players who want to start off with an established narrative. Don’t worry, it’s not going to break your game, that would be ridiculous…

If these premades are required to maintain some kind of balance in game mechanics, the family will probably spawn itself back in (similar to werewolves? ) but I highly doubt it.

Fare thee well, Michaelsons, in my game our paths shall never cross again.💚

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    @Atreya33 I also wanted their lot, so I evicted them to not in world. They still show up to be talked to (I assume, I haven't actually tried, but this should be the case) and I still got their lot.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I would be very surprised if you could get into trouble for deleting some premades. After all, if you play with them normally and allow them to age, they'll all die sooner or later anyway. San Myshuno has the Landgraab apartments, and they're functional even without the Landgraab family in your game. I imagine it's the same with anything that is named after the Michaelsons in San Sequoia.

Funny that you mention werewolves, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, because that's the one pack where I actually had a problem with special sims not respawning. I can't play with wolf packs in my main save because the leaders are gone, no one is taking over, and the cheats to appoint new leaders don't work.

But since the Michaelsons from San Sequoia don't seem to be important to anything but the lore, which is just text anyway, nothing like that should happen if they disappear.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    You can delete any of the premades no problem.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Ok, thanks everyone. Next time I open my game, they are gone and will make room for my own sims.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited March 2023
    I deleted them in another save no problem along with the Rhobles.

Kinda reminds me of Mimsy and Benard or npc's in Henford think they have some hidden trait to tell a narrative of sorts is all. They aren't special. Guess it renders the so called secrets just a bit useless other than a few things.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    The first thing I always do with a new pack is relocate any commercial lots I'm keeping, turn everything residential, demolish all builds, and evict or delete any premades.
    Funny that you mention werewolves, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, because that's the one pack where I actually had a problem with special sims not respawning. I can't play with wolf packs in my main save because the leaders are gone, no one is taking over, and the cheats to appoint new leaders don't work.

If you have Get Together you can make a workaround. Create a club and only let werewolves be members. The packs are also in the gallery if you wanted to have them as townies.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Sometimes I go and relocate premades, usually to San Myshuno. Tend to keep some of the premades around myself at least.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    @Atreya33 I also wanted their lot, so I evicted them to not in world. They still show up to be talked to (I assume, I haven't actually tried, but this should be the case) and I still got their lot.

This is what I always do in every single world: evict the premades, not delete. I like having them wandering around for local flavor or in case I want to talk to them, but I'm certainly not going to let them sit on prime real estate.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

This is what I always do in every single world: evict the premades, not delete. I like having them wandering around for local flavor or in case I want to talk to them, but I'm certainly not going to let them sit on prime real estate.

Hmmm, you both have a point. I will keep this in mind when I want to use an occupied lot. But not sure if this will save the Michealsons in my save. Two years ago I already started a family with a totally different sim who is also called Celeste and named her children after celestial phenomenons. One Celeste is enough.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I usually evict premades and place them in Other households.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Hmmm, you both have a point. I will keep this in mind when I want to use an occupied lot. But not sure if this will save the Michealsons in my save. Two years ago I already started a family with a totally different sim who is also called Celeste and named her children after celestial phenomenons. One Celeste is enough.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the premades don't usually look too weird... no eyeball rings, etc., and some are downright endearing even if I don't feel like playing them actively. I think most of the premades have the hidden trait for like, Sulani native, Henford native, etc. And it's my understanding that the game will automatically generate a certain number of random townies with that hidden trait to, so if you delete the premades, it creates even more of a vacuum for townie wierdness. So evicting them means, for example, I can use that huge residential lot in Mt. K., but when I go to festivals, I'm more likely to see that one snooty salaryperson dad instead of some dude with a Japanese surname who looks just like Colonel Sanders (literally the last townie I deleted in my game). Or if I go to the pub in Henford, I can still have a pint with old Moody and MacMillan, even if I coveted their land and gave them the boot.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I usually evict premades unless I need them for a story. Everyone is San Sequoia is gone except Xochitl. I haven't decided if I need her or not. Some premades just get moved to Forgotten Hollow since I tend to never go there.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I would like to delete this family. I have zero interest in playing them because I tend to play my own characters. In 5 years of playing the sims 4 I actively played just 1 single premade. The michealsons also occupy one of the few bigger lots in the new world. The problem with the michealsons is that they are apparently tied into the lore of the pack and sims can talk about them when you ask about san seqouia. They also have special hidden traits. What will happen when I get rid of them?

You can just evict them and they will still be in the world, just as homeless townies instead. That way you can ask them about lore (San Sequoia Secrets) if you encounter them, and if you have Move In turned on for them they will find a new home.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I will probably delete the two main families in San Sequoia as well. We always get a new cast of main characters in a new world, but I seldom keep them. I don't mind keeping the premade Sims if they have a specific job to fill. I just don't like having an entire family to deal with. And these families always end up living on the best lots I'd rather use for my Sims. By the time I finish building my own cast of characters I will be dealing with a lot of Sims that include the parents and teenaged siblings of the main four couples I am playing. I created those parents and siblings after my main Sims began their relationships with one another. So, even before these four couples marry and start their own families, I will have many households to keep an eye on. They are all currently residing in Sulani until I get San Sequoia set up the way I like it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited March 2023

Both Rory and Kristopher have the Immortal Wolf perk to prevent them from aging. I'm on generation 3 of a legacy (with aging on normal for everyone) and both Rory and Kristopher are still there at their original ages. Oh! But maybe accidental deaths from Neighborhood Stories could affect them? gonna make sure that's turned off for them next time I play...
    gen3-banner.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I’m going to delete every single sim there except the sweet little girl from the trailer.

I guess it’s just personal taste but I find the premades in the base game and earlier packs like Penny and Yuki were so so good and I’d have them get involved with my household but now it’s like they just press the random dice button in CAS and call it a day.

I did like the HSY Molly and her Mom and Sidney though, they were well done. And Gretas family in MWS is quite good. But it’s rare if I like more than a couple of townies in a pack nowadays.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I’m going to delete every single sim there except the sweet little girl from the trailer.

I guess it’s just personal taste but I find the premades in the base game and earlier packs like Penny and Yuki were so so good and I’d have them get involved with my household but now it’s like they just press the random dice button in CAS and call it a day.

I did like the HSY Molly and her Mom and Sidney though, they were well done. And Gretas family in MWS is quite good. But it’s rare if I like more than a couple of townies in a pack nowadays.

I agree. I haven't found the pre-made townies playable since Cottage Living. I created my own template save and that was the last of the worlds to have some pre-mades actually living there (Moody & McMillan, for the record. I move them into terrace houses in the downtown area). I think it's that their stories just aren't interesting. I don't play with occults, otherwise I would say that the Werewolves townies are an exception to this.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    They can be deleted
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    When NPC are required, the game is able to create new ones to do the job.

For example StrangerVille NPC