Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille premades not to be deleted?

I'm about to delete the Sigworth household, but then I wonder if they have any impact in the SV mystery story? If such a function gets replaced by a NPC I'm all fine, but if deleting them makes it impossible to solve the mystery I must reconsider...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don’t know if that specific household is involved or not.

But the story premades just get replaced by townies and you can still play it. But be warned that the townies don’t look nearly as interesting as the premades so the story might be less fun. Was intended to be played with those specific sims I think.

I think if it’s the first time it might be best to play the story as it is then change the world.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited March 2023
    Will you be bulldozing the lot?
    There are some papers in one of the bedrooms that can be searched for information. Can't remember if the info is absolutely necessary for solving the mystery.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Sigworth_family
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I never interacted with the Sigworths at all and successfully completed the storyline. I did go to Cahills bunker but don t recall if it was necessary.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I delete all non-hidden premade Sims in every save (except the one to exclusively play them). I’ve played through that mystery multiple times with no issue, just as @JustinB113 said you will get random townies that take any needed roll. I personally use MCCC to pull from my library for townies, so I end up with Sims I made anyway. I also don’t recall needing any premade lot, the only thing needed is the lab & market stall which you can’t change anyway. In order for the story to start correctly just make sure you have a refrigerator on the lot you fist start playing in (you might need a planter box outside too, but I’m not 100% on that).
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thanks all. Bad news for the Sigworths, they got deleted. I had the pack for a couple years without playing through the story, and I don't know when I will give it a go, if ever.

Yupp, noticed the papers in the bedroom, they seem to be for evidence and I've seen them elsewhere too. They were "not ready yet", so that is probably later in the story. Anyway, I kept the papers as I am a clutter addict :)
    I think the evidence papers also exist in the basement of Ted Rossell (Rosewell? I renamed them because it sounded too much like a former American president...).
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    That Rosewell name reminds me of the New Mexico UFO business.

Kita: the planter varies. Sometimes the infected visitors will plant the fruit instead of putting into the fridge. If it gets fridged I have my sim grab it immediately.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    I don't think you need any specific households for functions of Strangerville mystery (if you do they'll likely be replaced by some annoying randomized sims)

but also its been a while I actually played it without cheating so don't count on my word 😅

Personally I definitely think its more fun to keep the Strangerville premades around
    they're jolly bunch and it always brings smile to my face when I go see them :smiley:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited March 2023
    That Rosewell name reminds me of the New Mexico UFO business.

Kita: the planter varies. Sometimes the infected visitors will plant the fruit instead of putting into the fridge. If it gets fridged I have my sim grab it immediately.

Aha, I don't know anything about Mexican UFO business, but that would make more sense than President Theodor Roosevelt anyway, LOL. I often adjust premade's names anyway, and give them my own background story anyway, so no biggie. I also gave names to hoods years before EA decided to do so, resulting in many of my hoods now having two names, but that's another story...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't think you need any specific households for functions of Strangerville mystery (if you do they'll likely be replaced by some annoying randomized sims)

but also its been a while I actually played it without cheating so don't count on my word 😅

Personally I definitely think its more fun to keep the Strangerville premades around
    they're jolly bunch and it always brings smile to my face when I go see them :smiley:

I got rid of them because I never played them and needed their house desperately. I now realize I could just have made them homeless, but I guess the game will generate new infected NPCs.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2023
    Only Jess the mother is infected. I get rid of her whenever I complete the mission. (usually once per new save). Dylan and Chrissie are fine. They usually move to Willow Creek normally to start a new life. This time they’re in Copperdale.

I like Ted the crazy cowboy. Alice Martin stays. The rest… go somewhere else 😳👀.

I play the premades during the mission as I rarely like the randomised townies.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Yeh I can confirm, I’ve successfully completed this mystery many times without interacting with any of the premades.

I either delete or ignore them or sometimes I try to slap’em silly just for the laugh but that’s just me.
    Be warned: If you delete the premades, Infected pear shaped NPCs WILL spawn.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    None of the original premades live in my StrangerVille anymore, yet the story still works. In fact, I don't recall ever having to talk to them at all. The "Talk about StrangerVille" interaction that is required for the first aspiration milestone can be done with anyone you meet in StrangerVille, including visitors from other worlds. And the military and science personnel spawning in my game has always been randomly created NPCs. Even Jess Sigworth only ever appeared to me as an infected resident when she was still around, never as a soldier that I could ask for something.

Speaking of soldiers and scientists, you're more likely to encounter them in bars and libraries, respectively, so it is recommended that you have at least one of each lot type in StrangerVille. It doesn't have to be the premade buildings, though; I replaced the original bar with something else and turned Cahill's crashed plane into a bar instead. And still, I sometimes encounter soldiers and scientists on the street as well. That wasn't your question, but just in case you were wondering about that, too.
    Thank all! I'll definitely try to play through the StrangerVille story at some point. It seems quite entertaining and a unique gem within this game. And also would be perfect for giving my sims more stories and fates. I love the world and have a few actively played households there (incl. my renamed Rossell, who are in line to the Meadows dukedom, which so far did not succeed producing male heirs).

I plan to build a Military training camp (Military boarding high school) on the Cahill lot, just need him to move out first, which he strongly refuses to do). So many of my nobility Peers lead a Military career, and StrangerVille must be the perfect place to focus more on the military organization. Then the mystery will probably get my focus as well.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Yeah, I actually grabbed the Roswells and put a copy of them in my library, genepooled some decent looking kids for them too. Also, both of them are adult aged, so if you want, one can make some YA children of theirs.

Words of advice for the story playthrough; work on social with most of the people can before you go poking into Mothra's nest... Also, collect a great many more spores than you need initially from both around town and the lab, and when its time, also get more bizarre fruit than needed, like oodles more...

From my exp, the final battle is coded to fail the first time, so pay attention to above. Also, when you plan to do the battle, invite each sim you will take along to your house and inoc/recruit them again.

Be aware that you can also do this story as a teen. Theres likely other threads here that go into the early graduation stuff.
    Also, there are a myriad of ways to do the story, with my teen game, she had the skill enough to get all evidence at the lab itself, no visiting anyone else. The other two playthroughs, I've visited someone for their evidence...

Apologies for the spoilerish guide of sorts, but from experience, it can be annoying to find you have to go thru it a second time and collect etc. So better to be forewarned and all that.

...With that said, elsewhere, I commented I had moved/deleted all households from Strangerville and deleted the houses. I think I tried deleting the lab once long ago, couldn't do it then apparently. Left the bar/library alone...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Can you upload infected Sims to the gallery?

I ended up deleting the Sigworth family but now want to download them from the gallery and add them back. But I don't really want the mom to be infected, not sure if that's a thing that transfers over when you upload to the gallery or not.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited March 2023
    The premade characters can go. There are clues in the Sigworth, Roswell, and Cahill residences, but you can solve the mystery without them (it just may take extra time, because the clues at the lab need a day to reset.

Also you can find the clue stack in Debug (Show hidden objects) if you can/are willing to use cheats
    Future wrote: »
    Can you upload infected Sims to the gallery?

I ended up deleting the Sigworth family but now want to download them from the gallery and add them back. But I don't really want the mom to be infected, not sure if that's a thing that transfers over when you upload to the gallery or not.

If you start a new save, the original sims will all be there by default. Then you can save them to your library, don't even need to use the online gallery.